Windows 10: Kernel mode Trap error

Discus and support Kernel mode Trap error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Issue I have had with my computer now and also some of my customers and people we provide IT for. My computer was fine until these three updates came... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MarkFogleman1, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Kernel mode Trap error

Issue I have had with my computer now and also some of my customers and people we provide IT for.

My computer was fine until these three updates came out and after installing them it has happened 3 times:

Security update KB4561600 Adobe Flash Player W10 Version 1909 x64 2020-06

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 x64 KB4560960 2020-06

Update for Windows 10 version 1909 x64 KB4497165 2020-01 This one is older not sure why it chose to install it today this could be the issue update.

Nothing new on the computer just these 3 updates worked fine ever since I used it. Just started happening TODAY.

event viewer response:

DCOM got error "1115" attempting to start the service SecurityHealthService with arguments "Unavailable" in order to run the server:

{470B9B9B-0E95-4963-B265-5D58E5808C3D}

DCOM got error "1115" attempting to start the service SecurityHealthService with arguments "Unavailable" in order to run the server:

{816A45F9-7406-42BB-B4FA-A655D96F2A8A}

The other critical errors I have are just ones with issues related to unexpected shut down, general issues, system failure. No specific reasons why anything happened.

Example:

The previous system shutdown at 3:36:09 PM on ‎6/‎10/‎2020 was unexpected. The error message is just "Kernel mode trap error" etc.

:)

MarkFogleman1, Jun 10, 2020
  2. Starfola Win User

How to solve UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP?

1st

Stop Code: UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP

What failed: nvlddmkm.sys

2nd

Stop Code: IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

What failed: N/A

Starfola, Jun 10, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Blue Screen - Unexpected Kernal mode trap

Hi Anne,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This issue may occur when your computer lacks sufficient kernel space to process kernel-mode drivers

To have a better clarity on the issue and guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below.

1. What is the make and model of the PC?
    2. Were there any changes made on the computer prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, you may try the troubleshooting steps suggested in the articles listed below and check if it works:

1. Troubleshoot blue screen errors.
    2. Troubleshoot UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
    3. Bug check: UNEXPECTED_ KERNEL_ MODE_ TRAP

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jun 10, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Kernel mode Trap error

How to solve UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP?

Hi Starfola,

We would like to ask some additional information to better isolate the issue:

• What error message are you getting?
    • Can you provide as the stop code?

We suggest that you check this
    article
    about troubleshooting blue screen errors.

You can also try the troubleshooting steps provided on this
    link
    and see if it will work.

Hope it helps. Keep us posted.

Remon Ont, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

Kernel mode Trap error

1. Kernel mode Trap error - Similar Threads - Kernel mode Trap

2. Unexpected kernel mode trap error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unexpected kernel mode trap error: I need help every time i restart i get unexpected kernel mode trap and i feel its caused due to riot vanguard and I even did reset pc it didnt help me much so please help...
  3. Unexpected kernel mode trap error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unexpected kernel mode trap error: I need help every time i restart i get unexpected kernel mode trap and i feel its caused due to riot vanguard and I even did reset pc it didnt help me much so please help...
  4. BSOD: Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap Error

BSOD: Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap Error: Hi,my PC started to crash all of a sudden. I get BSODs with error "unexpected kernel mode trap".The BSOD started to appear yesterday randomly. Now it always appears after a couple of minutes after starting the PC.I'm not sure what to do.Here are the minidump files from...
  5. BSOD kernel mode trap error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD kernel mode trap error: Been having some issues starting today where games will basically freeze or fore quit out without and event viewer errors. The last instance of this occurring I was playing rainfbow six siege and the game force quit so upon reopening and playing for about 15 minutes I got the...
  6. BSOD kernel mode trap error

BSOD kernel mode trap error: Been having some issues starting today where games will basically freeze or fore quit out without and event viewer errors. The last instance of this occurring I was playing rainfbow six siege and the game force quit so upon reopening and playing for about 15 minutes I got the...
  7. UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP ERROR: After I updated to Windows 11, my computer usually crash, auto restart many times with blue screen and stop code. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unexpected-kernel-mode-trap-error/06c5829c-1e51-43f0-becb-665f3abd4b22
  8. UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP ERROR

UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP ERROR: After I updated to Windows 11, my computer usually crash, auto restart many times with blue screen and stop code. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unexpected-kernel-mode-trap-error/06c5829c-1e51-43f0-becb-665f3abd4b22
  9. Error UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP: I have done background into background drive under bitlocker in Win 10 Pro after two updates dates and I cannot done finish this background of bitmap. PC has collabsed into blue display and writes UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP for vhdmp.sys file. What could I do with this...
  10. Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap Error Message

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap Error Message: Every so often, about twice a month, at random times, I get this error message when I turn on my computer. I tried Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool, but got no errors found. Since it doesn't happen every time I turn on the computer (at least not yet !!), I am at a...