Windows 10: Kernel-Power 172: Connecttivity state in standby: Disconnected, Reason: NIC compliance

Discus and support Kernel-Power 172: Connecttivity state in standby: Disconnected, Reason: NIC compliance in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo E15 laptop with a Realtek 8822ce WLAN NIC that BSOD fairly often. When checking the event logs, the above error is what I see along... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Zak T, Mar 27, 2023.

1. Zak T Win User

Kernel-Power 172: Connecttivity state in standby: Disconnected, Reason: NIC compliance

I have a Lenovo E15 laptop with a Realtek 8822ce WLAN NIC that BSOD fairly often. When checking the event logs, the above error is what I see along with a Critical Error Kernel-Power 41. This has happened on similar laptops with the exact same wireless NIC. All drivers are updated. Having a really hard time figuring this out. We've used TPLink USBs to workaround this problem and have never had a computer BSOD. I've attached the minidump as well.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sbFfxiBWIlT8QSJPZWCkIh0PfDCpTtVM/view?usp=share_linkThanks in advance.

:)

Zak T, Mar 27, 2023
  2. C_T_F Win User

Connectivity state in standby: Disconnected, Reason: NIC compliance

Hello

I have been playing a game and sometimes when loading in my computer will BSOD and shut down unexpectedly. I have tried updating graphics drivers, using sfc /scannow for corrupted files, and running the windows memory diagnostic tool. I am now looking at the event manager and it says there was a critical error that says "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly"

The event ID for this is 41

That is then followed by an information notification that says

"Connectivity state in standby: Disconnected, Reason: NIC compliance"

I have no idea

Thanks

C_T_F, Mar 27, 2023
  3. Eldon_479 Win User

Hi all,

I have been having a problem with my system just randomly rebooting on its own. There was no blue screen or any signs before the reboots.

I noticed that it reboots usually during I'm gaming or right after I closed the game.

I have tried some proposed solutions like update drivers, disable C-State and such but to no effect.

I have noticed an event popping out every time before the reboot:

but I have no idea that that means

Here are the system information you might want:

Event log right before crash (The NIC compliance event) : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DZS-7_hO8tUJZulRV3BlhA9TOupfv7UW/view?usp=sharing

Event log for the crash: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gbnoNToCCW7BPKRTyLj3N0P9l03l3yvN/view?usp=sharing

System information: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CKUHsdTQ5t6f7jXEIn2YMiHM-tWO9WXg/view?usp=sharing

Hopefully I have given enough information, look forward to your replies!

many thanks,

Eldon_479, Mar 27, 2023
  4. Diadas66 Win User

Kernel-Power 172: Connecttivity state in standby: Disconnected, Reason: NIC compliance

Hi

I have been having a problem with my system restarting randomly

in event viewer the event was as stated

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Kernel-Power 41

Event viewer also tells me the reason as well

Connectivity state in standby: Disconnected, Reason: NIC compliance Kernel-Power 172

[table][tr][td]-[/td][td]System[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td][td][td][table][tr][td]-[/td][td]Provider[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td][td][td][td][ Name] [/td][td]Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td][td][td][td][ Guid] [/td][td]{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}[/td][/tr][/table]

[/td]
    [/tr]

[/table]
    [table][tr][td][td][td][table][tr][td][td]EventID[/td][td]172[/td][/tr][/table]

[/td]
    [/tr]

[/table]
    [table][tr][td][td][td][table][tr][td][td]Version[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][/table]

[/td]
    [/tr]

[/table]
    [table][tr][td][td][td][table][tr][td][td]Level[/td][td]4[/td][/tr][/table]

[/td]
    [/tr]

[/table]
    [table][tr][td][td][td][table][tr][td][td]Task[/td][td]203[/td][/tr][/table]

[/td]
    [/tr]

[/table]
    [table][tr][td][td][td][table][tr][td][td]Opcode[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][/table]

[/td]
    [/tr]

[/table]
    [table][tr][td][td][td][table][tr][td][td]Keywords[/td][td]0x8000000000000404[/td][/tr][/table]

[/td]
    [/tr]

[/table]
    [table][tr][td][td][td][table][tr][td]-[/td][td]TimeCreated[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td][td][td][td][ SystemTime] [/td][td]2020-07-29T20:03:54.468131200Z[/td][/tr][/table]

[/td]
    [/tr]

[/table]
    [table][tr][td][td][td][table][tr][td][td]EventRecordID[/td][td]33894[/td][/tr][/table]

[/td]
    [/tr]

[/table]
    [table][tr][td][td][td][table][tr][td][td]Correlation[/td][/tr][/table]

[/td]
    [/tr]

[/table]
    [table][tr][td][td][td][table][tr][td]-[/td][td]Execution[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td][td][td][td][ ProcessID] [/td][td]4[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td][td][td][td][ ThreadID] [/td][td]376[/td][/tr][/table]

[/td]
    [/tr]

[/table]
    [table][tr][td][td][td][table][tr][td][td]Channel[/td][td]System[/td][/tr][/table]

[/td]
    [/tr]

[/table]
    [table][tr][td][td][td][table][tr][td][td]Computer[/td][td]DESKTOP-C7QVPLP[/td][/tr][/table]

[/td]
    [/tr]

[/table]
    [table][tr][td][td][td][table][tr][td]-[/td][td]Security[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td][td][td][td][ UserID] [/td][td]S-1-5-18[/td][/tr][/table]

[/td]
    [/tr]

[/table]

[table][tr][td]-[/td][td]EventData[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td][td][td]State[/td][td]2[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td][td][td]Reason[/td][td]6[/td][/tr][/table]

I am hoping I have given enough information and look forward to a reply

many thanks

Diadas66, Mar 27, 2023
Thema:

1. Kernel-Power 172: Connecttivity state in standby: Disconnected, Reason: NIC compliance - Similar Threads - Kernel Power 172

2. Critical Kernel-Power : Connectivity state in standby: Disconnected, Reason: NIC compliance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical Kernel-Power : Connectivity state in standby: Disconnected, Reason: NIC compliance: My laptop has been shutting down randomly without warning. There is no blue screen of death BSOD or minidump file generated. The event viewer shows the following error: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system...
  3. Critical Kernel-Power : Connectivity state in standby: Disconnected, Reason: NIC compliance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Critical Kernel-Power : Connectivity state in standby: Disconnected, Reason: NIC compliance: My laptop has been shutting down randomly without warning. There is no blue screen of death BSOD or minidump file generated. The event viewer shows the following error: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system...
  4. Critical Kernel-Power : Connectivity state in standby: Disconnected, Reason: NIC compliance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Kernel-Power 172: Connecttivity state in standby: Disconnected, Reason: NIC compliance

Kernel-Power 172: Connecttivity state in standby: Disconnected, Reason: NIC compliance: I have a Lenovo E15 laptop with a Realtek 8822ce WLAN NIC that BSOD fairly often. When checking the event logs, the above error is what I see along with a Critical Error Kernel-Power 41. This has happened on similar laptops with the exact same wireless NIC. All drivers are...
  6. Kernel-Power 172: Connecttivity state in standby: Disconnected, Reason: NIC compliance

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Kernel-Power 172: Connecttivity state in standby: Disconnected, Reason: NIC compliance: I have a Lenovo E15 laptop with a Realtek 8822ce WLAN NIC that BSOD fairly often. When checking the event logs, the above error is what I see along with a Critical Error Kernel-Power 41. This has happened on similar laptops with the exact same wireless NIC. All drivers are...
  7. Connectivity state in standby: Disconnected, Reason: NIC compliance

Connectivity state in standby: Disconnected, Reason: NIC compliance: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connectivity-state-in-standby-disconnected-reason/f0478be1-0633-4bcb-b6c9-2dc9896c7dfdWith regard to the above link to a previous Community discussion, I have a similar same? problem and would appreciate guidance when...
  8. Connectivity state in standby: Disconnected, Reason: NIC compliance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connectivity state in standby: Disconnected, Reason: NIC compliance: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connectivity-state-in-standby-disconnected-reason/f0478be1-0633-4bcb-b6c9-2dc9896c7dfdWith regard to the above link to a previous Community discussion, I have a similar same? problem and would appreciate guidance when...
  9. Connectivity state in standby: Disconnected, Reason: NIC compliance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connectivity state in standby: Disconnected, Reason: NIC compliance: Hi all,I have been having a problem with my system just randomly rebooting on its own. There was no blue screen or any signs before the reboots.I noticed that it reboots usually during I'm gaming or right after I closed the game.I have tried some proposed solutions like...
  10. Connectivity state in standby: Disconnected, Reason: NIC compliance

Connectivity state in standby: Disconnected, Reason: NIC compliance: Hi all,I have been having a problem with my system just randomly rebooting on its own. There was no blue screen or any signs before the reboots.I noticed that it reboots usually during I'm gaming or right after I closed the game.I have tried some proposed solutions like...