Windows 10: Kernel Power 41 and Microsoft-Windows-DriverFrameworks-UserMode black screen

Discus and support Kernel Power 41 and Microsoft-Windows-DriverFrameworks-UserMode black screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So my computer randomly and I mean really randomly crashes and gives me these errors: Kernel Power event id 41 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Krissu423, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Krissu423 Win User

Kernel Power 41 and Microsoft-Windows-DriverFrameworks-UserMode black screen

So my computer randomly and I mean really randomly crashes and gives me these errors: Kernel Power event id 41 and Microsoft-Windows-DriverFrameworks-UserMode. During the blackscreen, nothing is responsive no caps lock etc and I have to either aunplug the pc or bpress the reset button which doesnt always work

Minidump:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cwokuw3bii9t1jo/Minidumplogs.rar?dl=0

So far I've tried:

Completely resetting the PC and deleting everything,

Reinstalling drivers with DDU,

Running OCCT for an hour to eliminate PSU errors no errors were found,

Running memtest86 for an hour no errors,

went through all the "Kernel-power 41 error fixes" websites and did everything on there.

Problem first started when replacing my GPU and PSU.

GPU: Radeon rx 5700xt

CPU: i5-9600k

PSU: 660w 80+ platinum

RAM: ddr4 3200mhz G.SKILL RGB

Not a temps issue since I played also with side panel open and a fan blowing into the PC, still the same old black screen.

:)

Krissu423, Nov 10, 2020
  2. Louie_101 Win User

Black screens and Kernel Power 41

Hi Krissu,

I'm Louie, a Microsoft Community member and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. Hope you're doing well and safe there.

We recommend you to try the steps provided on this link for black/blank screen issues:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/14106/...

You may also try the methods provided on this link:

https://windowsreport.com/kernel-power-41-error...

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products often classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Hope this helps

Sincerely,

Louie

Louie_101, Nov 10, 2020
  3. Kernel-Power event id 41. BugcheckCode 0

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In-order to get more clarity on this issue and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, reply with answers to the below questions:

1. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?
    2. Is this issue specific while playing a particular game?
    3. Which edition of Windows are you currently using?

A Kernel Power Event 41 can occur in the following scenarios.

Scenario 1: The computer restarts, and there is a Stop error BugcheckCode in the event data.

Scenario 2: The computer is shut down by pressing and holding the power button.

Scenario 3: The system randomly restarts and no Stop error BugcheckCode is listed, or the computer is completely unresponsive (hard hang).

I suggest you refer the article on Kernel
    Power Event ID 41
    and follow the steps for the scenario that is causing this error on your PC.

Additionally, you can refer the article on Windows
    Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows

and check if that helps.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Nov 10, 2020
  4. Kernel Power 41 and Microsoft-Windows-DriverFrameworks-UserMode black screen

Critical Kernel Power 41 (63): Black screen, restart when playing game

Kernel Power 41 63

Computer turns black and automatically restarts when playing high demanding games, no BSOD, not overclocked.

Games that have crashed:

• Far Cry 4
    • The Division
    • Fortnite
    • Overwatch
    • Counter Strike GO
    • Last Man Standing

Specs:

• Cooler master 550w PSU
    • RX 470 4gb
    • Pentium g4560
    • Asrock MATX b250m MOBO
    • 2x 4gb rip jaws RAM
    • WD 1tb HDD
    • Gammamax 300 CPU Cooler

I built the PC myself, errors started when playing high demanding games for the first time. Ran stress tests when first built, prime95 and heaven whilst logging temps for 8 hours, no crashes or high temps (max cup temp 54 C, max gpu temp 76 C). However, when playing games, within an hour, computer crashes (always kernel 41 63). I sent the PC to the outlet where I purchased the parts from, they had their own technicians run tests on all the parts. Initially, they found a fault with the PSU, which was at that time a 500w EVGA bronze. They replaced it with a 550w Cooler master gold. Still experienced 41 63, black out and restarts. Took it back, I said I suspected the MOBO was the issue, so they replaced it under warranty, problem persisted. I took it back for a third time, they took it to their head office, did extensive testing and found a fault with the CPU, they replaced it. Took them 3 weeks to complete... issue is still not resolved.

At this point, my computer has been disassembled and parts replaced multiple times.

Things I have done:

• Updated all drivers (CPU, GPU, BIOS, sound etc)
    • Clean installation of Windows 10 multiple times
    • Stress tested with Heaven and Prime95
    • Logged temperatures while stress testing and playing games, haven’t seen any high temps
    • Disabled and enabled different sound drivers to test for conflicts
    • Replaced PSU, MOBO and CPU

I’ve logged temps when both stress testing and while playing games. Here is my latest HWINFO log when playing Fortnite and then black screen and restart, kernel power 41 63. crash-test.CSV

Happy to run any tests, suggestions and upload further logs. Really stuck on what to do....

gondorcalls, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

Kernel Power 41 and Microsoft-Windows-DriverFrameworks-UserMode black screen

1. Kernel Power 41 and Microsoft-Windows-DriverFrameworks-UserMode black screen - Similar Threads - Kernel Power Microsoft

2. Critical error in event viewer : Microsoft-Windows-DriverFrameworks-UserMode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical error in event viewer : Microsoft-Windows-DriverFrameworks-UserMode: Hello, in the event viewer, I've got this critical error.How do I do to identify the bad driver ?Thank'sLog Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-DriverFrameworks-UserMode Date: 25/02/2024 12:52:59 Event ID: 10110 Task Category: User-mode Driver problems. Level: Critical...
  3. Critical error in event viewer : Microsoft-Windows-DriverFrameworks-UserMode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Critical error in event viewer : Microsoft-Windows-DriverFrameworks-UserMode: Hello, in the event viewer, I've got this critical error.How do I do to identify the bad driver ?Thank'sLog Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-DriverFrameworks-UserMode Date: 25/02/2024 12:52:59 Event ID: 10110 Task Category: User-mode Driver problems. Level: Critical...
  4. Black Screens and Kernel-Power Event ID: 41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screens and Kernel-Power Event ID: 41: Right off the bat I wanna preface this with the fact that this has been an issue for me for over a year and a half, and nothing I've ever tried has ever fixed the problem, and I'm really desperate for a solution. I'm unable to enjoy many of the games I play anymore, as games...
  5. Black Screens and Kernel-Power Event ID: 41

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screens and Kernel-Power Event ID: 41: Right off the bat I wanna preface this with the fact that this has been an issue for me for over a year and a half, and nothing I've ever tried has ever fixed the problem, and I'm really desperate for a solution. I'm unable to enjoy many of the games I play anymore, as games...
  6. System freeze, critical error - Microsoft-Windows-DriverFrameworks-UserMode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System freeze, critical error - Microsoft-Windows-DriverFrameworks-UserMode: Hello, my computer happens to freeze from time to time it has done so since the begining. Looking at the events log, there is several critical errors Microsoft-Windows-DriverFrameworks-UserMode. The dates seem to correlate with the system freezes... I think. I'm barely...
  7. Black screens and Kernel Power 41

Black screens and Kernel Power 41: #1 Ever since I switched my GPU and PSU from gtx 1060 to rx 5700xt and corsair vs650 to fractal design ion+ 660W platinum I've been having random blackscreens. During the blackscreen everything is unresponsive no cursor, no sound, pc still on, keyboard still on, no caps...
  8. DriverFrameworks-Usermods 10111

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DriverFrameworks-Usermods 10111: The device HID-compliant headset location unknown is offline due to a user-mode driver crash. Windows will attempt to restart the device 4 more times. Please contact the device manufacturer for more information about this problem. -<Event...
  9. Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power 41

Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power 41: Reset Windows on my machine, still getting the following error. Sadly i seem to be unable to read the dmp file myself. <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> -<System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power"...
  10. DriverFrameworks-UserMod crashes pc

DriverFrameworks-UserMod crashes pc: Hey I get this critical error once in a while and it seems to crash my pc what could solve this? Lokinimi: System Lähde: Microsoft-Windows-DriverFrameworks-UserMode Päivä: 26.2.2020 4.39.37 Tapahtumatunnus:10111 Tehtäväluokka: User-mode Driver...