Windows 10: Kernel-Power (41) Event Viewer related Reliability Manager

Discus and support Kernel-Power (41) Event Viewer related Reliability Manager in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone : Bought a new laptop, everything's fine with it. But watching the reliability manager I've got some Windows didn't shut cleanly messages,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MiguelAngel10, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Kernel-Power (41) Event Viewer related Reliability Manager

Hi everyone :

Bought a new laptop, everything's fine with it. But watching the reliability manager I've got some Windows didn't shut cleanly messages, but I have not seen sudden critical error while using the laptop, no BSOD and no memory dumps *Huh*Huh*Huh. So I went to the event viewer and I've got some Kernel-Power (41) events with Windows didn't shut cleanly.

Maybe disabling fast startup may be a good measure meanwhile.

Thanks in advance

:)

MiguelAngel10, Nov 3, 2018
  2. OneMoar Win User

New PC randomly restarting, Event 41 Kernel Power

event 41 kernel power is pretty self explanatory its power related 41 only gets triggered due to a sudden loss of power without tripping a stop code or if the system hard resets without a BSOD

OneMoar, Nov 3, 2018
  3. restart and kernel-power event

Hi,

The kernel power event ID 41 error occurs when the computer is shut down, or it restarts unexpectedly. When a computer that is running Windows starts, a check is performed to determine whether the computer was shut down cleanly. If the computer was not shut
    down cleanly, a Kernel Power Event 41 message is generated.

Try this, see if it works for you:

• Go to "Settings"
    • Select "System"
    • Select "Power and Sleep"
    • Select "Additional Power Settings"
    • Select "Choose what the power buttons do"
    • Select "Change settings currently available"
    • Ensure that "Turn on fast start up" is deselected (unticked)
    • Click on "Save Changes"

Restart your computer after performing the steps.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

Venancio Khu, Nov 3, 2018
  4. CptDobey Win User

Kernel-Power (41) Event Viewer related Reliability Manager

[SOLVED] False "Kernel Power Event ID 41 (63)" reported into the Event Viewer

Hello,

Thank both of you for your answers,

Just to summarize: there is no crash. I do not have crash on shut down. I do not have crash on boot. I do no have crash at all. My computer shuts down (apparently) without any issue. Then, on next boot-up (which is happening flawlessly), I have the message
    in my Event Viewer. That's why I titled my post "False Kernel Power Event ID 41 (63) reported" Kernel-Power (41) Event Viewer related Reliability Manager ;)

I will dig through the Event Viewer to see if there is anything related to that (false) event. If I did not find anything (i.e. if this is beyond my understanding) I post the dump of it here.

Regards,

CptDobey, Nov 3, 2018
Thema:

Kernel-Power (41) Event Viewer related Reliability Manager

1. Kernel-Power (41) Event Viewer related Reliability Manager - Similar Threads - Kernel Power Event

2. Event 41, Kernel Power

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event 41, Kernel Power: I have been having problems recently with my computer crashing once or twice a day and I have done everything to try to figure it out. I fixed it for about a week or two but now it's back. The bluescreen keeps giving me the error code "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION". I have had help...
  3. Event 41, Kernel Power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event 41, Kernel Power: I have been having problems recently with my computer crashing once or twice a day and I have done everything to try to figure it out. I fixed it for about a week or two but now it's back. The bluescreen keeps giving me the error code "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION". Can anyone...
  4. Kernel-Power Event 41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernel-Power Event 41: I have been having an issue with my gaming PC ever since I purchased it in mid August 2021. The screen goes black, and if I am listening to something on YouTube the speakers will buzz for about 3 seconds. then everything powers down and reboots. It will randomly crash, but...
  5. Event Viewer - Kernel Power 41 - Bluescreen Timeline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Viewer - Kernel Power 41 - Bluescreen Timeline: I am trying to debug a bluescreen I've been having.I am looking through event viewer and I believe I've narrowed down potential events related to the crash, but I need a reference point so I can refer to the timestamps on the events.Kernel Power 41 is within this list.When...
  6. Event Viewer - Kernel Power 41 - Bluescreen Timeline

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event Viewer - Kernel Power 41 - Bluescreen Timeline: I am trying to debug a bluescreen I've been having.I am looking through event viewer and I believe I've narrowed down potential events related to the crash, but I need a reference point so I can refer to the timestamps on the events.Kernel Power 41 is within this list.When...
  7. "Kernel Power Event ID 41 63" reported into the Event Viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Kernel Power Event ID 41 63" reported into the Event Viewer: Hi, for few weeks now I have a problem with my PC restarting without any warningm there is no BSOD, just instant restarts. It happens in video games, but there is no scheme to that, sometimes PC restarts after few minutes, sometimes it doesn't after hours of work. My PC was...
  8. Event 41, kernel- power

Event 41, kernel- power: Hello everyone, I get random bluescreens, and I don't know the cause because it happens in whatever instances, for example: if I leave my laptop alone for 15 minutes, or just having a discord call, or just open up Google chrome. Here Is my minidump file:...
  9. Event 41, Kernel-Power

Event 41, Kernel-Power: -<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> -<System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" /> <EventID>41</EventID> <Version>6</Version> <Level>1</Level> <Task>63</Task>...
  10. Event 41, Kernel-Power

Event 41, Kernel-Power: I need help as my computer seems to randomly shut off. This problem started occurring completely randomly. It shuts off and then continues to shut off and attempt to restart until it eventually comes back. I temporary turned off the power source and have just turned it back...