Windows 10: Kernel-Power 41 PC cutting off

Discus and support Kernel-Power 41 PC cutting off in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been having intermittent issues with Kernel-power 41 events. The PC will just hard cutoff. It seemed for a while I could reproduce the issue to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SeanDerek, Mar 4, 2021.

1. SeanDerek Win User

Kernel-Power 41 PC cutting off

I've been having intermittent issues with Kernel-power 41 events. The PC will just hard cutoff. It seemed for a while I could reproduce the issue to running my plex server and playing movies from my external harddrive. Doing this reproduce the issue within minutes.

I detached that external harddrive and stopped using plex and the problem completely went away for over 2 weeks.

I thought i was in the clear but today the issue happened again, for the first time while I was playing a game. I know this error is often tied to a PSU failing but Its a relatively new 850W EVGA. It also seemed unlikely to be the PSU when I was able to reproduce the error on plex and not while gaming under load.

My house is older and does not have grounded outlets installed a whole home surge protector and GFCI breakers

I'm now wondering if it has something to do with the outlets or maybe the GFCI. Maybe the PC is reregistering inconsistent power and is shutting itself off to protect itself?

DMP - https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnrV683w1RnSyS_ngOyjIrVp9HT7?e=15SwyY

msinfo- https://1drv.ms/t/s!AnrV683w1RnSyS01c6o5-FV8ANPO?e=cQTs2v

speccy- https://1drv.ms/t/s!AnrV683w1RnSyS6y9iKfJN7hsXFL?e=Woc3uI

:)

SeanDerek, Mar 4, 2021

2. Kernel-Power event id 41. BugcheckCode 0

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In-order to get more clarity on this issue and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, reply with answers to the below questions:

1. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?
    2. Is this issue specific while playing a particular game?
    3. Which edition of Windows are you currently using?

A Kernel Power Event 41 can occur in the following scenarios.

Scenario 1: The computer restarts, and there is a Stop error BugcheckCode in the event data.

Scenario 2: The computer is shut down by pressing and holding the power button.

Scenario 3: The system randomly restarts and no Stop error BugcheckCode is listed, or the computer is completely unresponsive (hard hang).

I suggest you refer the article on Kernel
    Power Event ID 41
    and follow the steps for the scenario that is causing this error on your PC.

Additionally, you can refer the article on Windows
    Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows

and check if that helps.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Mar 4, 2021
  3. Kernel 41 Power issue

Hello,

When the computer shuts down or restarts unexpectedly, the Kernel Power Event ID 41 error occurs. Upon starting a computer running Windows, the system checks whether the computer was properly shut down. If the computer was not properly turned off, a Kernel
    Power Event 41 message is generated.

Regarding the error that you're getting, we suggest that you check the solution provided by

AndrewGeraci
    on this
    link

For more information regarding Windows Kernel power issue, kindly visit this
    article

Let us know how it turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Mar 4, 2021
  4. Kernel-Power 41 PC cutting off

KERNEL-POWER ID :41 WINDOWS 10

another one....

Crítico
    24/12/2017 00:23:19
    Kernel-Power
    (63)

Crítico 24/12/2017 00:01:18 Kernel-Power 41
    (63)

Crítico 23/12/2017 23:56:09 Kernel-Power 41
    (63)

Crítico 23/12/2017 23:38:50 Kernel-Power 41
    (63)

Crítico 23/12/2017 23:34:18 Kernel-Power 41
    (63)

Crítico 23/12/2017 22:14:48 Kernel-Power 41
    (63)

Crítico 23/12/2017 21:42:57 Kernel-Power 41
    (63)

Crítico 23/12/2017 13:41:00 Kernel-Power 41
    (63)

Crítico 23/12/2017 12:04:11 Kernel-Power 41
    (63)

Crítico 23/12/2017 01:04:20 Kernel-Power 41
    (63)

PedroPortugalMassamá, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

Kernel-Power 41 PC cutting off

1. Kernel-Power 41 PC cutting off - Similar Threads - Kernel Power cutting

2. Kernel power 41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernel power 41: My pc runs fine whenever its in use. Whenever I want to play a game it runs for around 10 minutes sometimes longer then the pc goes black/turns off but the power button is still on. Only happens when I run games. Been going on for months. In desperate need of help haha...
  3. Kernel power 41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernel power 41: Я уже выкладывал пост на эту тему https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kernel-power-41-the-laptop-restarts-automatically/fb9cdb93-d418-455f-b637-485a66e2e39c.Пробовал многие способы решения проблемы, но она никуда не ушла, после некоторых решений синий экран...
  4. Kernel-Power 41

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kernel-Power 41: Hello, I had a one-time issue which troubled me somehow because I bought a system about which I diagnosed everything and couldn't find any problems at first. I'm using Win10 pro x64 and here's my pc specs;Gigabyte B560M H motherboardGigabyte Aorus rtx 3060 eliteIntel...
  5. Kernel-Power 41

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kernel-Power 41: Hello, I had a one-time issue which troubled me somehow because I bought a system about which I diagnosed everything and couldn't find any problems at first. I'm using Win10 pro x64 and here's my pc specs;Gigabyte B560M H motherboardGigabyte Aorus rtx 3060 eliteIntel...
  6. Kernel-Power 41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernel-Power 41: Hello,i having a ASUS TUF GTX 1660 GAMING OC i getting a error from windows in event viewer Kernel-Power 41 The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.i getting...
  7. Kernel power 41

Kernel power 41: Few years ago my pc started crashing. Then i had windows 7. I changed my power supply and it was still crashing. 1 and half year ago i buyed new gpu and cpu but it's still crashing. I have 10 year old pc and it's maybe time to buy new pc but i dont have money for one rn. In...
  8. kernel power 41

kernel power 41: Hello my workstation HP G2 with windows 10 pro and windows and driver is up to date even my nvidia driver from nvidia experience i have this issue and i cant work because it's every time Blue screen Power State Failure with this Event Log Attached Below kindly i want to...
  9. Kernel power 41

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Kernel power 41: Hello Sometimes when correctly shutting down my computer and powering it up back again , randomly this error appears I don´t know what to do since it does not follow a pattern I always had the same programs installed in my computer My computer has no bsods , does not shut...
  10. Kernel-Power 41

Kernel-Power 41: I got the following error. My computer shut down completely. Can anyone help? Thanks Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 1/14/2019 6:55:14 PM Event ID: 41 Task Category: (63) Level: Critical Keywords:...