Windows 10: Kernel-Power 41 randomly blue screen while gaming

Discus and support Kernel-Power 41 randomly blue screen while gaming in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My computer has been randomly turning off while gaming or streaming, at first I didn't pay much attention to it because it wasn't so frequent. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TimboDrake, Jul 8, 2022.

1. Kernel-Power 41 randomly blue screen while gaming

My computer has been randomly turning off while gaming or streaming, at first I didn't pay much attention to it because it wasn't so frequent. It happens 3-5 days apart so it's something that can easily slip my mind. But I want to get to the bottom of it before it becomes a huge problem. I'm not very tech-savvy but I can follow directions. Can anyone help me out in understanding how to fix this issue? EventData BugcheckCode 80 BugcheckParameter1 0xffffaca628262b08 BugcheckParameter2 0x0 BugcheckParameter3 0xfffff8025cdd9438 BugcheckParameter4 0x2 SleepInProgress 0 PowerBu

:)

TimboDrake, Jul 8, 2022

2. Kernel-Power event id 41. BugcheckCode 0

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In-order to get more clarity on this issue and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, reply with answers to the below questions:

1. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?
    2. Is this issue specific while playing a particular game?
    3. Which edition of Windows are you currently using?

A Kernel Power Event 41 can occur in the following scenarios.

Scenario 1: The computer restarts, and there is a Stop error BugcheckCode in the event data.

Scenario 2: The computer is shut down by pressing and holding the power button.

Scenario 3: The system randomly restarts and no Stop error BugcheckCode is listed, or the computer is completely unresponsive (hard hang).

I suggest you refer the article on Kernel
    Power Event ID 41
    and follow the steps for the scenario that is causing this error on your PC.

Additionally, you can refer the article on Windows
    Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows

and check if that helps.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jul 8, 2022
  3. Zomadic Win User
    Kernel Power 41 PC randomly restarts

My PC keeps restarting randomly, the GPU fans ramp up to 100% and no blue screen of death, just a black screen and the pc restarts, sometimes the monitor will report No Signal during the random restart process.

Hi, my PC keeps either restarting randomly, it says it is Kernel Power 41 in event viewer

I have tried memtest86 for over 12 hours
    I have tried sfc /scannow and CHKDSK
    My pc is not overheating, GPU temps never go above 73 and CPU never above 65
    It never occurs while in a game, so whenever PC is under load, the issue never occurs
    I have used DDU to uninstall graphics driver
    I have changed my power settings in windows
    I've updated my drivers, including BIOS

Windows 10 Pro version: 20H2

Zomadic, Jul 8, 2022
  4. Kernel-Power 41 randomly blue screen while gaming

Critical Kernel Power 41 (63): Black screen, restart when playing game

Kernel Power 41 63

Computer turns black and automatically restarts when playing high demanding games, no BSOD, not overclocked.

Games that have crashed:

• Far Cry 4
    • The Division
    • Fortnite
    • Overwatch
    • Counter Strike GO
    • Last Man Standing

Specs:

• Cooler master 550w PSU
    • RX 470 4gb
    • Pentium g4560
    • Asrock MATX b250m MOBO
    • 2x 4gb rip jaws RAM
    • WD 1tb HDD
    • Gammamax 300 CPU Cooler

I built the PC myself, errors started when playing high demanding games for the first time. Ran stress tests when first built, prime95 and heaven whilst logging temps for 8 hours, no crashes or high temps (max cup temp 54 C, max gpu temp 76 C). However, when playing games, within an hour, computer crashes (always kernel 41 63). I sent the PC to the outlet where I purchased the parts from, they had their own technicians run tests on all the parts. Initially, they found a fault with the PSU, which was at that time a 500w EVGA bronze. They replaced it with a 550w Cooler master gold. Still experienced 41 63, black out and restarts. Took it back, I said I suspected the MOBO was the issue, so they replaced it under warranty, problem persisted. I took it back for a third time, they took it to their head office, did extensive testing and found a fault with the CPU, they replaced it. Took them 3 weeks to complete... issue is still not resolved.

At this point, my computer has been disassembled and parts replaced multiple times.

Things I have done:

• Updated all drivers (CPU, GPU, BIOS, sound etc)
    • Clean installation of Windows 10 multiple times
    • Stress tested with Heaven and Prime95
    • Logged temperatures while stress testing and playing games, haven’t seen any high temps
    • Disabled and enabled different sound drivers to test for conflicts
    • Replaced PSU, MOBO and CPU

I’ve logged temps when both stress testing and while playing games. Here is my latest HWINFO log when playing Fortnite and then black screen and restart, kernel power 41 63. crash-test.CSV

Happy to run any tests, suggestions and upload further logs. Really stuck on what to do....

gondorcalls, Jul 8, 2022
Thema:

Kernel-Power 41 randomly blue screen while gaming

1. Kernel-Power 41 randomly blue screen while gaming - Similar Threads - Kernel Power randomly

2. Kernel Power 41 blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernel Power 41 blue screen: I have uninstalled and cleaned all hard rives, re-installed windows 11 thinking a file may have been corrupt. But no. Had windows 10 Previously and had 0 issues with windows 10. Since using windows 11 I've been having random blue screen of death issues and all are for kernel...
  3. Kernel Power 41 blue screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kernel Power 41 blue screen: I have uninstalled and cleaned all hard rives, re-installed windows 11 thinking a file may have been corrupt. But no. Had windows 10 Previously and had 0 issues with windows 10. Since using windows 11 I've been having random blue screen of death issues and all are for kernel...
  4. Blue Screen: Event 41, Kernel-Power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen: Event 41, Kernel-Power: So, I've been dealing with this issue where my laptop keeps getting a blue screen with the error nvlddmkm.sys. It's really frustrating because I was almost done with my work and then suddenly the laptop just turns blue screen on me. I checked the Event Viewer, and it shows...
  5. Blue Screen: Event 41, Kernel-Power

Blue Screen: Event 41, Kernel-Power: So, I've been dealing with this issue where my laptop keeps getting a blue screen with the error nvlddmkm.sys. It's really frustrating because I was almost done with my work and then suddenly the laptop just turns blue screen on me. I checked the Event Viewer, and it shows...
  6. Kernel-Power 41 randomly blue screen while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernel-Power 41 randomly blue screen while gaming: My computer has been randomly turning off while gaming or streaming, at first I didn't pay much attention to it because it wasn't so frequent. It happens 3-5 days apart so it's something that can easily slip my mind. But I want to get to the bottom of it before it becomes a...
  7. Kernel Power 41 Blue Screen of Death

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernel Power 41 Blue Screen of Death: Hello all,I have encountered a strange error with my PC for quite a while now. Whenever my computer is doing any strenuous activity in my case, it is invariably video games with a significant graphical element, my computer will crash. Confusingly, it will only flash the blue...
  8. Kernel Power 41 Blue Screen of Death

Kernel Power 41 Blue Screen of Death: Hello all,I have encountered a strange error with my PC for quite a while now. Whenever my computer is doing any strenuous activity in my case, it is invariably video games with a significant graphical element, my computer will crash. Confusingly, it will only flash the blue...
  9. Kernel Power 41 Blue Screen of Death

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. BSOD while gaming or idle, Kernel Power 41

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while gaming or idle, Kernel Power 41: I have been attempting to resolve a BSoD issue that I have been having since August 3rd. This began occurring when I installed a new motherboard, CPU, and memory: Motherboard: B350 Tomahawk CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 The first few days were flawless, with...