Windows 10: Kernel Power 41 with NIC compliance 172

Discus and support Kernel Power 41 with NIC compliance 172 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I was having this issue start up in the beginning of December, whenever I started playing a newer game like Call of Duty or Escape From Tarkov, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Zac Helton, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Kernel Power 41 with NIC compliance 172

So I was having this issue start up in the beginning of December, whenever I started playing a newer game like Call of Duty or Escape From Tarkov, my PC would appear to shut down but would not let me turn it on or off until I flipped the switch on the PSU.

Tried everything to fix it myself besides replacing parts, ran a memory test using the Windows Diagnostic and found my ram was failing so I replaced it with the same amount 2x8GB DDR4 and it still happened. Took it to a MicroCenter and had them do a diagnostic on it, found no hardware issues other than the old ram which I brought in for them to test. The only thing they found to be out of date was the BIOS on the my motherboard which they updated for me. Got my computer back last night and decided to completely wipe the drives and start with a fresh Win10 install.

But it happened again just now when I was playing EFT and I am just completely lost as what to do. The only thing that was physically changed before this started happening was I replaced my 1x 19" LCD monitor/1x TV set up with 2x 24" LED monitors. I have EVGA 650W BQ 80+B SM ATX PSU which should be more than enough according to the power calculator I used: https://imgur.com/a/J20uIbO

Event Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/88cxj8zwgh2lxc7/1-17-2021.evtx?dl=0

System File: https://www.dropbox.com/s/khsp7q21drwtpra/System%201-17-2021.txt?dl=0

Thank you for reading, please let me know if there is anything else I need to share in order for this to be solved.

:)

Zac Helton, Jan 17, 2021

2. Kernel-Power event id 41. BugcheckCode 0

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In-order to get more clarity on this issue and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, reply with answers to the below questions:

1. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?
    2. Is this issue specific while playing a particular game?
    3. Which edition of Windows are you currently using?

A Kernel Power Event 41 can occur in the following scenarios.

Scenario 1: The computer restarts, and there is a Stop error BugcheckCode in the event data.

Scenario 2: The computer is shut down by pressing and holding the power button.

Scenario 3: The system randomly restarts and no Stop error BugcheckCode is listed, or the computer is completely unresponsive (hard hang).

I suggest you refer the article on Kernel
    Power Event ID 41
    and follow the steps for the scenario that is causing this error on your PC.

Additionally, you can refer the article on Windows
    Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows

and check if that helps.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jan 17, 2021
  3. Kernel 41 Power issue

Hello,

When the computer shuts down or restarts unexpectedly, the Kernel Power Event ID 41 error occurs. Upon starting a computer running Windows, the system checks whether the computer was properly shut down. If the computer was not properly turned off, a Kernel
    Power Event 41 message is generated.

Regarding the error that you're getting, we suggest that you check the solution provided by

AndrewGeraci
    on this
    link

For more information regarding Windows Kernel power issue, kindly visit this
    article

Let us know how it turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Jan 17, 2021
  4. Kernel Power 41 with NIC compliance 172

KERNEL-POWER ID :41 WINDOWS 10

another one....

Crítico
    24/12/2017 00:23:19
    Kernel-Power
    (63)

Crítico 24/12/2017 00:01:18 Kernel-Power 41
    (63)

Crítico 23/12/2017 23:56:09 Kernel-Power 41
    (63)

Crítico 23/12/2017 23:38:50 Kernel-Power 41
    (63)

Crítico 23/12/2017 23:34:18 Kernel-Power 41
    (63)

Crítico 23/12/2017 22:14:48 Kernel-Power 41
    (63)

Crítico 23/12/2017 21:42:57 Kernel-Power 41
    (63)

Crítico 23/12/2017 13:41:00 Kernel-Power 41
    (63)

Crítico 23/12/2017 12:04:11 Kernel-Power 41
    (63)

Crítico 23/12/2017 01:04:20 Kernel-Power 41
    (63)

PedroPortugalMassamá, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

Kernel Power 41 with NIC compliance 172

1. Kernel Power 41 with NIC compliance 172 - Similar Threads - Kernel Power NIC

2. Critical Kernel-Power : Connectivity state in standby: Disconnected, Reason: NIC compliance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical Kernel-Power : Connectivity state in standby: Disconnected, Reason: NIC compliance: My laptop has been shutting down randomly without warning. There is no blue screen of death BSOD or minidump file generated. The event viewer shows the following error: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system...
  3. Critical Kernel-Power : Connectivity state in standby: Disconnected, Reason: NIC compliance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Critical Kernel-Power : Connectivity state in standby: Disconnected, Reason: NIC compliance: My laptop has been shutting down randomly without warning. There is no blue screen of death BSOD or minidump file generated. The event viewer shows the following error: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system...
  4. Critical Kernel-Power : Connectivity state in standby: Disconnected, Reason: NIC compliance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Critical Error: Kernel-Power ID:41 Information: Kernel-Power ID:172

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical Error: Kernel-Power ID:41 Information: Kernel-Power ID:172: So my pc has been randomly shutting off whenever I play games, and I mean *any* games. I checked my temps and they're fine. I checked my power draw and it was fine. I then checked event viewer log files here:...
  6. Critical Error: Kernel-Power ID:41 Information: Kernel-Power ID:172

Critical Error: Kernel-Power ID:41 Information: Kernel-Power ID:172: So my pc has been randomly shutting off whenever I play games, and I mean *any* games. I checked my temps and they're fine. I checked my power draw and it was fine. I then checked event viewer log files here:...
  7. Kernel-Power 172: Connecttivity state in standby: Disconnected, Reason: NIC compliance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernel-Power 172: Connecttivity state in standby: Disconnected, Reason: NIC compliance: I have a Lenovo E15 laptop with a Realtek 8822ce WLAN NIC that BSOD fairly often. When checking the event logs, the above error is what I see along with a Critical Error Kernel-Power 41. This has happened on similar laptops with the exact same wireless NIC. All drivers are...
  8. Kernel-Power 172: Connecttivity state in standby: Disconnected, Reason: NIC compliance

Kernel-Power 172: Connecttivity state in standby: Disconnected, Reason: NIC compliance: I have a Lenovo E15 laptop with a Realtek 8822ce WLAN NIC that BSOD fairly often. When checking the event logs, the above error is what I see along with a Critical Error Kernel-Power 41. This has happened on similar laptops with the exact same wireless NIC. All drivers are...
  9. Kernel-Power 172: Connecttivity state in standby: Disconnected, Reason: NIC compliance

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Critical: Kernel-Power; Event 41/Event 172

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical: Kernel-Power; Event 41/Event 172: This has become a problem. My computer crashes and does a restart with these errors. Event 41 - The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectantly. Event 172 -...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kernel power 172