Windows 10: Kernel-Power Error 41 Bugcheck Code 278

Discus and support Kernel-Power Error 41 Bugcheck Code 278 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ok so it's been around 3 days since my pc randomly freezes and accepts absolutely no input whatsoever. I have to hard restart the system using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jasonmic2000, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Kernel-Power Error 41 Bugcheck Code 278

Ok so it's been around 3 days since my pc randomly freezes and accepts absolutely no input whatsoever. I have to hard restart the system using the power button. The event viewer gave the following information:

-System
    -Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
    [ Guid] {331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}
    EventID41
    Version8
    Level1
    Task63
    Opcode0
    Keywords0x8000400000000002
    -TimeCreated
    [ SystemTime] 2020-08-18T18:27:45.4269470Z
    EventRecordID2057
    Correlation
    -Execution

[ ProcessID] 4
    [ ThreadID] 8
    ChannelSystem
    ComputerJason
    -Security
    [ UserID] S-1-5-18
    -EventData

BugcheckCode278
    BugcheckParameter10xffffcb8e737d8240
    BugcheckParameter20x0
    BugcheckParameter30x0
    BugcheckParameter40x0
    SleepInProgress0
    PowerButtonTimestamp0
    BootAppStatus0
    Checkpoint0
    ConnectedStandbyInProgressfalse
    SystemSleepTransitionsToOn0
    CsEntryScenarioInstanceId0
    BugcheckInfoFromEFItrue
    CheckpointStatus0
    CsEntryScenarioInstanceIdV20
    LongPowerButtonPressDetected
    false

My PC Specs are as follows:

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X

GPU: MSI Ventus RTX 2060

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2400 8GBx2

Mobo: Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro Wifi

I've updated the nvidia drivers to the latest and still had this issue, and also rolled back to an older version, where the issue still exists..

:)

jasonmic2000, Aug 18, 2020
  2. tigger Win User

Kernel Power 41 error

I found something to do with sound drivers, the guy solved the error. Don't know if it helps but it might give you a clue.

[SOLVED] Kernel-Power 41 (63) error

tigger, Aug 18, 2020
  3. Error code Kernel Power (41)

I sometimes get an error code Kernel Power (41) - my computer shows a blue screen and then I get BIOS. I tried to reinstall Windows but with no avail

Vito()()Chatman, Aug 18, 2020
  4. Kernel-Power Error 41 Bugcheck Code 278

Kernel-Power event id 41. BugcheckCode 0

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In-order to get more clarity on this issue and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, reply with answers to the below questions:

1. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?
    2. Is this issue specific while playing a particular game?
    3. Which edition of Windows are you currently using?

A Kernel Power Event 41 can occur in the following scenarios.

Scenario 1: The computer restarts, and there is a Stop error BugcheckCode in the event data.

Scenario 2: The computer is shut down by pressing and holding the power button.

Scenario 3: The system randomly restarts and no Stop error BugcheckCode is listed, or the computer is completely unresponsive (hard hang).

I suggest you refer the article on Kernel
    Power Event ID 41
    and follow the steps for the scenario that is causing this error on your PC.

Additionally, you can refer the article on Windows
    Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows

and check if that helps.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Aug 18, 2020
Thema:

Kernel-Power Error 41 Bugcheck Code 278

1. Kernel-Power Error 41 Bugcheck Code 278 - Similar Threads - Kernel Power Error

2. Event 41 Kernel Power crash - bugcheck code 278

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event 41 Kernel Power crash - bugcheck code 278: Hi,I wonder if someone could help me resolve an issue that has been annoying me for some time now. My desktop computer windows 10 is suddenly freezes and crash > restart. This behaviour started while gaming but weirdly happens when making music or using other software. After...
  3. Kernel Power ID 41 63 Bugcheck code 278

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernel Power ID 41 63 Bugcheck code 278: Hello.I've already asked a question about this, and I've been told that I should uninstall my graphics driver with DDU and install older driver versions, but it didn't solve the problem. I replied 2 days later, but I didn't get any answer, so I'm making a new question. This...
  4. Kernel Power ID 41 63 Bugcheck code 278

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kernel Power ID 41 63 Bugcheck code 278: Hello.This "Kernel power event id 41 63" error has happened randomly whenever I'm playing any game or watching any video. My pc randomly freezes, shows a black screen, and shuts down. I've tried to fix it for months, but nothing works. Here is a list of what I tried since the...
  5. Kernel Power ID 41 63 Bugcheck code 278

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kernel Power ID 41 63 Bugcheck code 278: Hello.This "Kernel power event id 41 63" error has happened randomly whenever I'm playing any game or watching any video. My pc randomly freezes, shows a black screen, and shuts down. I've tried to fix it for months, but nothing works. Here is a list of what I tried since the...
  6. Kernel power Event ID-41 Bugcheck code 278

Kernel power Event ID-41 Bugcheck code 278: Hi,I have been getting the kernel power Event ID 41 issue for 2-3 months but i have not been able to find a possible fix for it. I checked the Bugcheck code reference from:https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/debugger/bug-check-code-reference2The...
  7. Kernel-Power Error 41 Bugcheck Code 278

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernel-Power Error 41 Bugcheck Code 278: Hello everyone.So, I have a problem with my computer.The model is GPD WIN MAX 2021. And the problem is when I use external monitor through HDMI TV 1360*768 or 1920*1080 it randomly reboots while gaming. Not really often, 1-2 times per day. On regular tasks such as browsing/...
  8. Kernel-Power Error 41 Bugcheck Code 278

Kernel-Power Error 41 Bugcheck Code 278: Hello everyone.So, I have a problem with my computer.The model is GPD WIN MAX 2021. And the problem is when I use external monitor through HDMI TV 1360*768 or 1920*1080 it randomly reboots while gaming. Not really often, 1-2 times per day. On regular tasks such as browsing/...
  9. Kernel-Power Error 41 Bugcheck Code 278

10. Kernel-Power Error 41 Task 63 Bugcheck Code 278

Kernel-Power Error 41 Task 63 Bugcheck Code 278: I have been having issues randomly where my gaming PC reboots at different times while either playing a game and sometimes while idling when in the game. Specifically I have seen this issue when playing Call of Duty Warzone and Red Dead Online, new PC no other games yet....