Windows 10: Kernel Power error 41 + Mouse Curser missing etc

Discus and support Kernel Power error 41 + Mouse Curser missing etc in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For some weeks I have been having a problem with my mouse(?), or indeed any alternatives I have tried. Soon after start up the mouse freezes, and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Skofab, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Skofab Win User

Kernel Power error 41 + Mouse Curser missing etc

For some weeks I have been having a problem with my mouse(?), or indeed any alternatives I have tried.

Soon after start up the mouse freezes, and the curser will not move. On other occasions, the mouse is totally absent when the computer reaches desktop - have to restart (possibly twice) to get the mouse to put in an appearance! This started well before the 1903 update. Have tried all the usual work arounds and different mice without success.The problem is intermittent.
    Event viewer shows that event error 41 occurs about the time when the mouse problem/freeze becomes evident.

Having looked at this error 41 closely, I note that this is quite a common problem, and is attributed to a possible failure of the power supply. Those with the problem are reporting that an unscheduled restart takes place. I do not have this same aspect in that I just get a frozen computer - there is no attempt to restart as others have reported.

Your thoughts, comments and help would be appreciated

:)

Skofab, Jun 21, 2019

2. Kernel-Power event id 41. BugcheckCode 0

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In-order to get more clarity on this issue and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, reply with answers to the below questions:

1. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?
    2. Is this issue specific while playing a particular game?
    3. Which edition of Windows are you currently using?

A Kernel Power Event 41 can occur in the following scenarios.

Scenario 1: The computer restarts, and there is a Stop error BugcheckCode in the event data.

Scenario 2: The computer is shut down by pressing and holding the power button.

Scenario 3: The system randomly restarts and no Stop error BugcheckCode is listed, or the computer is completely unresponsive (hard hang).

I suggest you refer the article on Kernel
    Power Event ID 41
    and follow the steps for the scenario that is causing this error on your PC.

Additionally, you can refer the article on Windows
    Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows

and check if that helps.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jun 21, 2019
  3. tigger Win User
    tigger, Jun 21, 2019
  4. Kernel Power error 41 + Mouse Curser missing etc

Kernel 41 Power issue

Hello,

When the computer shuts down or restarts unexpectedly, the Kernel Power Event ID 41 error occurs. Upon starting a computer running Windows, the system checks whether the computer was properly shut down. If the computer was not properly turned off, a Kernel
    Power Event 41 message is generated.

Regarding the error that you're getting, we suggest that you check the solution provided by

AndrewGeraci
    on this
    link

For more information regarding Windows Kernel power issue, kindly visit this
    article

Let us know how it turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

Kernel Power error 41 + Mouse Curser missing etc

1. Kernel Power error 41 + Mouse Curser missing etc - Similar Threads - Kernel Power error

2. Kernel Power Error 41

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kernel Power Error 41: Good day.I am in need of some assistance.My system keeps on getting BSOD and for the last while now, out of the blue.Error details:Log Name: SystemSource: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 2024/02/10 10:28:40 Event ID: 41 Task Category: 63 Level: Critical Keywords:...
  3. Kernel Power Error 41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernel Power Error 41: Good day.I am in need of some assistance.My system keeps on getting BSOD and for the last while now, out of the blue.Error details:Log Name: SystemSource: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 2024/02/10 10:28:40 Event ID: 41 Task Category: 63 Level: Critical Keywords:...
  4. Kernel Power Error 41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernel Power Error 41: For the last few months my PC has been having problems staying on. It will randomly shut down while I'm using my pc. I would like to know if there is something I can do to fix it before I just buy a new PSU. It all started when I updated to windows 11. After resetting my PC 4...
  5. Kernel power error 41

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Kernel power error 41: I've been having this error for a while now. I did all the tutorials that I need to do to fix it. I'm about to lose hope can someone help me.- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power"...
  6. Kernel-Power 41 Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kernel-Power 41 Error: Hi there! Desperately need help. My PC randomly decides to restart, even after doing a system reset. I have rolled back graphics drivers, still have the same issue. Last 2 times it was trigger when using a specific effect in Davinci Resolve. No bluescreen. Event Details...
  7. Kernel Power 41 Error

Kernel Power 41 Error: GPU MSI GeForce RTX 3070 CPU/COOLER AMD Ryzen 7 3700x / NZXT Kraken X53 MOBO MSI B550 Gaming Plus MEMORY G.Skill Trident Z 32GB 3600MHz PSU Corsair RM850 STORAGE Samsung: 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD / 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD BACKGROUND: Just about a month ago I build my first PC....
  8. error 41 kernel power

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    error 41 kernel power: connected a sound bar via hdmi to usb converter. connected via usb to pc because the hdmi port wasnt working and i got this error https://imgur.com/a/hHTojZB . the hdmi port on the board doesnt seem to work is there something i need to do to make it work for the sound bar?...
  9. kernel error power 41

in Windows 10 Customization
    kernel error power 41: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkyPAJT0rdLygZdBz-5GqTX-t_GjuQ?e=CLCmCY get this while doing randomd things , i chected the psu single rail 12v psu is fine hdds are fine, bios is fine, please help ironiclly while getting the errors code this errored again , same issue just a crash...
  10. Kernel power error 41

Kernel power error 41: Hi! *Smile I have a problem. After upgrading from windows 8.1 to 10, when laptop goes to sleep mode, it won't turn on anymore. If I disable driver signature enforcement it starts normally. What could be wrong? Error file is in attachment. Thank's in advance! 37134