Windows 10: Kernel Power Error/BSoD during gaming.

Discus and support Kernel Power Error/BSoD during gaming. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, i recently hard reset my PC, before hard resetting my PC i used to crash and get kernel power and kernel PnP errors related to drivers and now even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Finn Payton, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Kernel Power Error/BSoD during gaming.

Hi, i recently hard reset my PC, before hard resetting my PC i used to crash and get kernel power and kernel PnP errors related to drivers and now even after resetting I still get kernel power errors but these are now accompanied by Kernel-EventTracing errors stating "Error setting traits on Provider {8444a4fb-d8d3-4f38-84f8-89960a1ef12f}. Error: 0xC0000001". When the device crashes i rarely BSoD but today i did and in so I have a copy of the minidump which i attached along with the event viewer data.

My drivers, bios and windows are up to date. (Recently updated windows and still crashed but bsod crash attached was prior to this.)

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah2JHCRhFAHygX4egCI75LG25_pI?e=xZy6ah

Specs:

Asus Z170-E

Intel Core i5 6600K

2 x 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 2400mhz

1 x Seagate 1tb

1 x Kingston 120gb ssd

1 x 650w psu (I have used two power supplies to see if that was the issue, the current one i have which is unbranded and a corsair 850w and the issues were present on both)

:)

Finn Payton, Sep 8, 2019
  2. axe0 Win User

Power Kernel 41 Error, During Gaming, Possibly Software?

@storm shadow, I already explained that in post 7
    There are 3 different crashes

1. A freeze crash
    2. A sudden shutdown/restart crash
    3. A bluescreen crash

A memory dump will only be created when a bluescreen crash occurs.
    A kernel event id 41 only means an unexpected power problem has occured what happens with both a shutdown/restart and bluescreen crashes.

axe0, Sep 8, 2019
  3. Kernel-Power event id 41. BugcheckCode 0

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In-order to get more clarity on this issue and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, reply with answers to the below questions:

1. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?
    2. Is this issue specific while playing a particular game?
    3. Which edition of Windows are you currently using?

A Kernel Power Event 41 can occur in the following scenarios.

Scenario 1: The computer restarts, and there is a Stop error BugcheckCode in the event data.

Scenario 2: The computer is shut down by pressing and holding the power button.

Scenario 3: The system randomly restarts and no Stop error BugcheckCode is listed, or the computer is completely unresponsive (hard hang).

I suggest you refer the article on Kernel
    Power Event ID 41
    and follow the steps for the scenario that is causing this error on your PC.

Additionally, you can refer the article on Windows
    Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows

and check if that helps.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Sep 8, 2019
  4. Kernel Power Error/BSoD during gaming.

Power Kernel 41 Error, During Gaming, Possibly Software?

yeah i know.
    But if you did a read on the matter there have been 10 000 users having this power problem on win 10.

Even when everybody knew it wasent the PSU, since like 9000 of those having this crash updated from a fully funcionally win 7 and never had a kernel 41 crash on win 7.
    Problems started only after they updated to win 10.

At least problems are fixed from my part, with the answer in my latest post.

storm shadow, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

Kernel Power Error/BSoD during gaming.

1. Kernel Power Error/BSoD during gaming. - Similar Threads - Kernel Power Error

2. Bsod and kernel-power 41 error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bsod and kernel-power 41 error: Asus Rog Duo laptop started blue screening and restarting after 5 minutes. Windows event log displayed "kernel-power 41" error. Now windows won't load and I get blue screen when trying to enter safe mode. Can't restart. Getting several messages including ntfs_file_system and...
  3. Bsod and kernel-power 41 error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bsod and kernel-power 41 error: Asus Rog Duo laptop started blue screening and restarting after 5 minutes. Windows event log displayed "kernel-power 41" error. Now windows won't load and I get blue screen when trying to enter safe mode. Can't restart. Getting several messages including ntfs_file_system and...
  4. Kernel Power BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kernel Power BSOD: -System -Provider[ Name]Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power[ Guid]{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}EventID41Version8Level1Task63Opcode0Keywords0x8000400000000002-TimeCreated[ SystemTime]2022-04-28T18:02:15.4514576ZEventRecordID251051Correlation-Execution[ ProcessID]4[...
  5. Kernel Power BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernel Power BSOD: -System -Provider[ Name]Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power[ Guid]{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}EventID41Version8Level1Task63Opcode0Keywords0x8000400000000002-TimeCreated[ SystemTime]2022-04-28T18:02:15.4514576ZEventRecordID251051Correlation-Execution[ ProcessID]4[...
  6. Kernel Power BSOD

7. BSOD / Kernel Power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD / Kernel Power: Has some BSODs once every few months last year and have now finally started looking into them just in case it happens again. They were all BSODs with the kernel power error event ID41. So based on what I read on the forums I did a driver verifier run in which it did crash a...
  8. BSOD / Kernel Power

BSOD / Kernel Power: Has some BSODs once every few months last year and have now finally started looking into them just in case it happens again. They were all BSODs with the kernel power error event ID41. So based on what I read on the forums I did a driver verifier run in which it did crash a...
  9. Kernel Power Error/BSoD during gaming.

Kernel Power Error/BSoD during gaming.: Hi, i recently hard reset my PC, before hard resetting my PC i used to crash and get kernel power and kernel PnP errors related to drivers and now even after resetting I still get kernel power errors but these are now accompanied by Kernel-EventTracing errors stating "Error...
  10. Power Kernel 41 Error, During Gaming, Possibly Software?

Power Kernel 41 Error, During Gaming, Possibly Software?: Hi everyone. My name is David. I have built my first computer this week but I have encountered a persistent problem. I have not done any overclocking because i do not know how. Anyways, My computer would randomly restart during and out of gaming, without warning. the games...