Windows 10: Kernel-Power error code 278

Discus and support Kernel-Power error code 278 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey so recently my PC has started black screening, turning off all the way, turning back on indicated by caps lock working, but my monitors not showing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by reynAndrew, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Kernel-Power error code 278

Hey so recently my PC has started black screening, turning off all the way, turning back on indicated by caps lock working, but my monitors not showing anything until I press the power button on and off in my case. Sometimes such as right now when i try to turn it on nothing shows up on screen but caps lock responds and everything inside the pc seems to be powered on. I do not know what is causing this issue.

:)

reynAndrew, Oct 23, 2020

2. Kernel-Power Error 41 Bugcheck Code 278

So when I generated this error, it went straight to a BSOD and got stuck there at 100%

I waited for a while and when it didn’t auto restart, I hard restarted it again

As for Kaspersky, I didn't have it installed before today. I installed it just to do a system scan earlier this evening

I had a question regarding the bugcheckcode 278 that was getting generated with the Kernel-Power event

I couldn't find anything that helped me with that anywhere

And that bugcheckcode has been constant whenever the system crashed these past few days, multiple times a day

jasonmic2000, Oct 23, 2020
  3. restart and kernel-power event

Hi,

The kernel power event ID 41 error occurs when the computer is shut down, or it restarts unexpectedly. When a computer that is running Windows starts, a check is performed to determine whether the computer was shut down cleanly. If the computer was not shut
    down cleanly, a Kernel Power Event 41 message is generated.

Try this, see if it works for you:

• Go to "Settings"
    • Select "System"
    • Select "Power and Sleep"
    • Select "Additional Power Settings"
    • Select "Choose what the power buttons do"
    • Select "Change settings currently available"
    • Ensure that "Turn on fast start up" is deselected (unticked)
    • Click on "Save Changes"

Restart your computer after performing the steps.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

Venancio Khu, Oct 23, 2020
  4. Kernel-Power error code 278

Kernel-Power event id 41. BugcheckCode 0

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In-order to get more clarity on this issue and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, reply with answers to the below questions:

1. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?
    2. Is this issue specific while playing a particular game?
    3. Which edition of Windows are you currently using?

A Kernel Power Event 41 can occur in the following scenarios.

Scenario 1: The computer restarts, and there is a Stop error BugcheckCode in the event data.

Scenario 2: The computer is shut down by pressing and holding the power button.

Scenario 3: The system randomly restarts and no Stop error BugcheckCode is listed, or the computer is completely unresponsive (hard hang).

I suggest you refer the article on Kernel
    Power Event ID 41
    and follow the steps for the scenario that is causing this error on your PC.

Additionally, you can refer the article on Windows
    Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows

and check if that helps.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

Kernel-Power error code 278

1. Kernel-Power error code 278 - Similar Threads - Kernel Power error

2. Issue Kernel-Power Error 41 Code 278 NVIDIA Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue Kernel-Power Error 41 Code 278 NVIDIA Drivers: I've just finished do a building and after installing the GPU driver I have this issues.Currently I've try to change the PSU from a Gigabyte 1000W to a Seasonic 850W, this didn't fix the issue.I've managed to get the content of the MEMORY.DMP file from one of the crashes,...
  3. Issue Kernel-Power Error 41 Code 278 NVIDIA Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue Kernel-Power Error 41 Code 278 NVIDIA Drivers: I've just finished do a building and after installing the GPU driver I have this issues.Currently I've try to change the PSU from a Gigabyte 1000W to a Seasonic 850W, this didn't fix the issue.I've managed to get the content of the MEMORY.DMP file from one of the crashes,...
  4. Kernel Power ID 41 63 Bugcheck code 278

Kernel Power ID 41 63 Bugcheck code 278: Hello.This "Kernel power event id 41 63" error has happened randomly whenever I'm playing any game or watching any video. My pc randomly freezes, shows a black screen, and shuts down. I've tried to fix it for months, but nothing works. Here is a list of what I tried since the...
  5. Kernel power Event ID-41 Bugcheck code 278

Kernel power Event ID-41 Bugcheck code 278: Hi,I have been getting the kernel power Event ID 41 issue for 2-3 months but i have not been able to find a possible fix for it. I checked the Bugcheck code reference from:https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/debugger/bug-check-code-reference2The...
  6. Kernel-Power Error 41 Bugcheck Code 278

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernel-Power Error 41 Bugcheck Code 278: Hello everyone.So, I have a problem with my computer.The model is GPD WIN MAX 2021. And the problem is when I use external monitor through HDMI TV 1360*768 or 1920*1080 it randomly reboots while gaming. Not really often, 1-2 times per day. On regular tasks such as browsing/...
  7. Kernel-Power Error 41 Bugcheck Code 278

Kernel-Power Error 41 Bugcheck Code 278: Hello everyone.So, I have a problem with my computer.The model is GPD WIN MAX 2021. And the problem is when I use external monitor through HDMI TV 1360*768 or 1920*1080 it randomly reboots while gaming. Not really often, 1-2 times per day. On regular tasks such as browsing/...
  8. Kernel-Power Error 41 Bugcheck Code 278

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Kernel-Power Error 41 Task 63 Bugcheck Code 278

Kernel-Power Error 41 Task 63 Bugcheck Code 278: I have been having issues randomly where my gaming PC reboots at different times while either playing a game and sometimes while idling when in the game. Specifically I have seen this issue when playing Call of Duty Warzone and Red Dead Online, new PC no other games yet....
  10. Kernel-Power Error 41 Bugcheck Code 278

Kernel-Power Error 41 Bugcheck Code 278: Ok so it's been around 3 days since my pc randomly freezes and accepts absolutely no input whatsoever. I have to hard restart the system using the power button. The event viewer gave the following information: -System -Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power [ Guid]...