Windows 10: Kernel Power Error on bare-bones system.

Discus and support Kernel Power Error on bare-bones system. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, i recently hard reset my PC, before hard resetting my PC i used to crash and get kernel power and kernel PnP errors related to drivers and now even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Finn Payton, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Kernel Power Error on bare-bones system.

Hi, i recently hard reset my PC, before hard resetting my PC i used to crash and get kernel power and kernel PnP errors related to drivers and now even after resetting I still get kernel power errors but these are now accompanied by Kernel-EventTracing errors stating "Error setting traits on Provider {8444a4fb-d8d3-4f38-84f8-89960a1ef12f}. Error: 0xC0000001". When the device crashes i rarely BSoD but today i did and in so I have a copy of the minidump which i attached along with the event viewer data.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah2JHCRhFAHygX4egCI75LG25_pI?e=xZy6ah

Specs:

Asus Z170-E

Intel Core i5 6600K

2 x 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 2400mhz

1 x Seagate 1tb

1 x Kingston 120gb ssd

1 x 650w psu (I have used two power supplies to see if that was the issue, the current one i have which is unbranded and a corsair 850w and the issues were present on both)

:)

Finn Payton, Sep 2, 2019

2. Kernel Power Error on bare-bones system.

Hi, yesterday i hard reset my PC after getting frequent kernel power errors followed by Kernel-PnP errors for driver issues; After failing to fix this issue i decided to have a fresh start and now my PC still crashes but has a Kernel-EventTracing error with
    an event ID 28 stating "Error setting traits on Provider {8444a4fb-d8d3-4f38-84f8-89960a1ef12f}. Error: 0xC0000001".

Currently all that is installed on my PC is steam, uplay, discord and a gigabyte gpu management software.

Attached are a copy of my event viewer logs:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah2JHCRhFAHygXMf7D8io8Ln649K?e=hYlVNt

Finn Payton, Sep 2, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Kernel Power Error on bare-bones system.

Hi Finn

Okay, install those device drivers, then check to see if your system stabilizes, if not, check again for any minidump files . ..

DaveM121, Sep 2, 2019
  4. Kernel Power Error on bare-bones system.

Kernel-Power event id 41. BugcheckCode 0

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In-order to get more clarity on this issue and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, reply with answers to the below questions:

1. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?
    2. Is this issue specific while playing a particular game?
    3. Which edition of Windows are you currently using?

A Kernel Power Event 41 can occur in the following scenarios.

Scenario 1: The computer restarts, and there is a Stop error BugcheckCode in the event data.

Scenario 2: The computer is shut down by pressing and holding the power button.

Scenario 3: The system randomly restarts and no Stop error BugcheckCode is listed, or the computer is completely unresponsive (hard hang).

I suggest you refer the article on Kernel
    Power Event ID 41
    and follow the steps for the scenario that is causing this error on your PC.

Additionally, you can refer the article on Windows
    Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows

and check if that helps.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

Kernel Power Error on bare-bones system.

1. Kernel Power Error on bare-bones system. - Similar Threads - Kernel Power Error

2. kernel power error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    kernel power error: so, I have been having a problem with my pc with a critical error named kernel power with an event id of 41 i have no idea what else to do right now but wait for a reply https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kernel-power-error/133ec5e6-e524-4b2b-9938-af459d95d1ae
  3. kernel power error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    kernel power error: so, I have been having a problem with my pc with a critical error named kernel power with an event id of 41 i have no idea what else to do right now but wait for a reply https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kernel-power-error/133ec5e6-e524-4b2b-9938-af459d95d1ae
  4. Kernel-Power Error

Kernel-Power Error: I've been having a consistent issue that I might be making worse. Almost daily my computer will attempt to go to sleep and not wake up power light is blinking as though it's asleep and pressing it does nothing until hard reset or I'll put my computer into hibernate and the...
  5. Kernel-Power Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernel-Power Error: I've been having a consistent issue that I might be making worse. Almost daily my computer will attempt to go to sleep and not wake up power light is blinking as though it's asleep and pressing it does nothing until hard reset or I'll put my computer into hibernate and the...
  6. migrating windows 10 to bare bones system

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    migrating windows 10 to bare bones system: I want to upgrade my system. I am thinking of purchasing a bare bones box and move over all the plug in cards, sound, video along with the disk drive and hard drive. I am running Windows 10 which was part of the free upgrade from Windows 7. This was a academic license as...
  7. Kernel Power Error

Kernel Power Error: Hi so every once in a while I come back to my PC to find that it is no longer responding and I have to force a reboot. When I reboot kernel power error shows up in my event viewer. I have uploaded my event viewer log here...
  8. Kernel Power Error

Kernel Power Error: Lately i've been getting a Kernel Power Error sometimes it happens 2-3 times per day and sometimes it won't happen for a day or two. I think that it all started after i've done a windows update, i am not sure though. I don't get a blue screen or anything pc just shuts down....
  9. Kernel Power Error on bare-bones system.

Kernel Power Error on bare-bones system.: Hi, yesterday i hard reset my PC after getting frequent kernel power errors followed by Kernel-PnP errors for driver issues; After failing to fix this issue i decided to have a fresh start and now my PC still crashes but has a Kernel-EventTracing error with an event ID 28...
  10. kernel power error

in Windows 10 Customization
    kernel power error: + System - Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power [ Guid] {331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4} EventID 41 Version 6 Level 1 Task 63 Opcode 0 Keywords 0x8000400000000002 - TimeCreated [ SystemTime] 2019-01-10T06:35:10.222144700Z EventRecordID 1232 Correlation -...