Windows 10: Kernel Power - system rebooting unexpectedly

Discus and support Kernel Power - system rebooting unexpectedly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi! I have a problem with pc rebooting unexpectedly everytime I stop doing something that needs a lot of resources. For example everytime I play... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Zanttuc, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Zanttuc Win User

Kernel Power - system rebooting unexpectedly

Hi!

I have a problem with pc rebooting unexpectedly everytime I stop doing something that needs a lot of resources. For example everytime I play something (e.g. Rainbow Six Siege, F12018, GTA V) the game runs smoothly with no problem, but when I return to the games menu or when the round ends or something like that when the enormous power of the pc isn't needed anymore, when it can finally rest for a while, it reboots. The screen goes of, it makes short crackling sound on speakers and restarts. Then it just starts up normally like nothing happened. No blue screen, no notice from Windows that it has crashed, nothing. If I go to check my Windows reliability log it just says that "Windows has shut down unexpectedly." In the Windows logs there is a notice of a critical error and it says the following:

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
    [ Guid] {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}
    EventID 41
    Version 6
    Level 1
    Task 63
    Opcode 0
    Keywords 0x8000400000000002

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2018-12-06T21:10:10.575683800Z
    EventRecordID 1642
    Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 4
    [ ThreadID] 8
    Channel System
    Computer DESKTOP-G422TCQ

- Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-18

- EventData

BugcheckCode 0
    BugcheckParameter1 0x0
    BugcheckParameter2 0x0
    BugcheckParameter3 0x0
    BugcheckParameter4 0x0
    SleepInProgress 0
    PowerButtonTimestamp 0
    BootAppStatus 0
    Checkpoint 0
    ConnectedStandbyInProgress false
    SystemSleepTransitionsToOn 0
    CsEntryScenarioInstanceId 0
    BugcheckInfoFromEFI false
    CheckpointStatus 0

- I have checked the memorys with the Windows memocry check tool

- I have run a two complete virus checks with two different antivirus softwares

- I have completly reinstalled the whole Windows 10

- I have updated my drivers and also downloaded older ones

- I have changed my psu to whole new one

- I have downloaded the newest C++

PC stats:

Motherboard: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz

Memory: Kingston 32GB(4x8GB) HyperX Fury DDR4 2133 MHz, CL14

Storage: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB

Seagate 2TB, 3.5", SATA III

PSU: Seasonic 620W M12II-620

And I'm frustrated and out of ideas, pls help!

Thank you!

:)

Zanttuc, Dec 6, 2018

2. restart and kernel-power event

Hi,

The kernel power event ID 41 error occurs when the computer is shut down, or it restarts unexpectedly. When a computer that is running Windows starts, a check is performed to determine whether the computer was shut down cleanly. If the computer was not shut
    down cleanly, a Kernel Power Event 41 message is generated.

Try this, see if it works for you:

• Go to "Settings"
    • Select "System"
    • Select "Power and Sleep"
    • Select "Additional Power Settings"
    • Select "Choose what the power buttons do"
    • Select "Change settings currently available"
    • Ensure that "Turn on fast start up" is deselected (unticked)
    • Click on "Save Changes"

Restart your computer after performing the steps.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

Venancio Khu, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Kernel 41 Power issue

Hello,

When the computer shuts down or restarts unexpectedly, the Kernel Power Event ID 41 error occurs. Upon starting a computer running Windows, the system checks whether the computer was properly shut down. If the computer was not properly turned off, a Kernel
    Power Event 41 message is generated.

Regarding the error that you're getting, we suggest that you check the solution provided by

AndrewGeraci
    on this
    link

For more information regarding Windows Kernel power issue, kindly visit this
    article

Let us know how it turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Remon Ont Win User

NETLOGON error seems to be causing unexpected crashes and Kernel Power error (41). How do I fix this?

Hi Kelly,

This might be due to corrupted system file or if computer was shut down/restarts unexpectedly.

We would like to know some additional information:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far? for us to avoid giving troubleshooting steps that you've already tried.
    • Can you provide us with a screen shot?

In the meantime, please check this
    article
    about Windows Kernel event ID 41 error and solution.

Let us know how it goes.

Remon Ont, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Kernel Power - system rebooting unexpectedly - Similar Threads - Kernel Power system

2. Kernel-Power Windows shutting down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernel-Power Windows shutting down unexpectedly: Hello! I'm having this error, i'll paste it below. <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" /> <EventID>41</EventID> <Version>9</Version>...
  3. Kernel-Power Windows shutting down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kernel-Power Windows shutting down unexpectedly: Hello! I'm having this error, i'll paste it below. <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" /> <EventID>41</EventID> <Version>9</Version>...
  4. Power kernel Sudden Reboot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Power kernel Sudden Reboot: well , power kernel 41 and 172 , sudden power disconection/system interruption and nic complice , i literally readed every guide here and everywhere and couldnt find whats wrong , im thinking about the motherboard being burnt in some type of microcomponent because i literally...
  5. Power kernel Sudden Reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power kernel Sudden Reboot: well , power kernel 41 and 172 , sudden power disconection/system interruption and nic complice , i literally readed every guide here and everywhere and couldnt find whats wrong , im thinking about the motherboard being burnt in some type of microcomponent because i literally...
  6. Power kernel Sudden Reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. WINDOWS 10 "KERNEL-POWER" Issue. Windows randomly force reboot unexpectedly. CRASHING,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WINDOWS 10 "KERNEL-POWER" Issue. Windows randomly force reboot unexpectedly. CRASHING,...: logs found on : Event Viewer - Windows Logs - System Level Critical "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly." Let me explain what happened, Windows 10...
  8. Random Kernel-Power Reboots

Random Kernel-Power Reboots: So, earlier in the week my system that was built in 2017 started crashing at random. It crashed when I was gaming then the next day it crashed while I was at work and the computer wasn't in use and it seems to crash after 14 hours. I then started doing online searches for...
  9. Kernel power 41 (63) reboot

Kernel power 41 (63) reboot: Hi- have been trying to fix this problem for weeks. started after i upgraded PC to win 10. Have done every test and tried lots of fixes. Have reinstalled windows and even bought a better HD (as previous tested a bit faulty) Driver verifier triggers the reboot problem but...
  10. Event 41, Kernel-Power - The system has rebooted

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event 41, Kernel-Power - The system has rebooted: Hi On Win10, I'm getting the error: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly. Code: EventData BugcheckCode 0 BugcheckParameter1 0x0...