Windows 10: Kernel PowerError, restart in sleep

Discus and support Kernel PowerError, restart in sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, i have a problem with my laptop and need some help. When it goes to sleep mode it restarts after about 10-15 min in sleep. Sometimes it happens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Senvvus, Jan 18, 2023.

1. Senvvus Win User

Kernel PowerError, restart in sleep

Hi, i have a problem with my laptop and need some help. When it goes to sleep mode it restarts after about 10-15 min in sleep. Sometimes it happens when i try to wake it up, but maybe thats just when i catch the timing. Other times it restarts in the middle of sleep without me doing anything. Each time Kernel Power Error appears in the log. I tried to deactivate automatic restart on error in system settings. When i did it and tried to wake up my laptop, the screen lights up but stays black, cursor cant be seen, there is no observable reaction to mouse or button clicks, so i had to restart it v

:)

Senvvus, Jan 18, 2023

2. restart and kernel-power event

Hi,

The kernel power event ID 41 error occurs when the computer is shut down, or it restarts unexpectedly. When a computer that is running Windows starts, a check is performed to determine whether the computer was shut down cleanly. If the computer was not shut
    down cleanly, a Kernel Power Event 41 message is generated.

Try this, see if it works for you:

• Go to "Settings"
    • Select "System"
    • Select "Power and Sleep"
    • Select "Additional Power Settings"
    • Select "Choose what the power buttons do"
    • Select "Change settings currently available"
    • Ensure that "Turn on fast start up" is deselected (unticked)
    • Click on "Save Changes"

Restart your computer after performing the steps.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

Venancio Khu, Jan 18, 2023
  3. Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Jan 18, 2023
  4. Kernel PowerError, restart in sleep

Windows 10 laptop cannot sleep, restart instead.

Hi,

My system restart instead of sleep, can anyone support for this problem?

Regards,

Syed Muhammad Faraz_86, Jan 18, 2023
Thema:

Kernel PowerError, restart in sleep

1. Kernel PowerError, restart in sleep - Similar Threads - Kernel PowerError restart

2. Window Restart Kernel-Power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window Restart Kernel-Power: Hello, since I launched Valorant, my computer restarts for no reason with a black screen when I launch games or randomly, I reinstalled my window.+ System - Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power [ Guid] {331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4} EventID 41 Version 8...
  3. Window Restart Kernel-Power

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window Restart Kernel-Power: Hello, since I launched Valorant, my computer restarts for no reason with a black screen when I launch games or randomly, I reinstalled my window.+ System - Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power [ Guid] {331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4} EventID 41 Version 8...
  4. Window Restart Kernel-Power

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Sleep restart issue

Sleep restart issue: Hello,I am having an odd issue that I cannot find anything about in forums or whether it is just a new setting MS have forced.the issue: After laptop has been sleep, on waking using open lid or any key to wake, the laptop seems to go through an almost full restart in that the...
  6. Restart In Sleep Mode

Restart In Sleep Mode: Sometimes my laptop in sleep going in sleep mode and i try to wake it up with my mouse keyboard my laptop getting restart please help my laptop modal is FX507ZM/FX577ZM...
  7. Kernel PowerError, restart in sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernel PowerError, restart in sleep: Hi, i have a problem with my laptop and need some help. When it goes to sleep mode it restarts after about 10-15 min in sleep. Sometimes it happens when i try to wake it up, but maybe thats just when i catch the timing. Other times it restarts in the middle of sleep without...
  8. Kernel PowerError, restart in sleep

Kernel PowerError, restart in sleep: Hi, i have a problem with my laptop and need some help. When it goes to sleep mode it restarts after about 10-15 min in sleep. Sometimes it happens when i try to wake it up, but maybe thats just when i catch the timing. Other times it restarts in the middle of sleep without...
  9. Unexpected restart - Kernel 41

in Windows 10 Support
    Unexpected restart - Kernel 41: Hi, hope you guys can help me. I'm Brazilian, my english is rusty and newer here, Thanks for ur attention. My pc keep restarting after stress, when I open a game, or I do a FurMark cpu and gpu stress test. I've already tested psu voltages with a multimeter. the voltages...
  10. Unexpected restart - Kernel 41

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unexpected restart - Kernel 41: Hi, hope you guys can help me. I'm Brazilian, my english is rusty and newer here, Thanks for ur attention. My pc keep restarting after stress, when I open a game, or I do a FurMark cpu and gpu stress test. I've already tested psu voltages with a multimeter. the voltages...