Windows 10: Kernel Security Check Failure error prevents Windows 10 from starting after Windows Update

Discus and support Kernel Security Check Failure error prevents Windows 10 from starting after Windows Update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm running Windows Pro 64 bit on a laptop. Windows automatically downloaded and installed an update but may have been unsuccessful. I think that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by waldopepper7, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Kernel Security Check Failure error prevents Windows 10 from starting after Windows Update

I'm running Windows Pro 64 bit on a laptop.

Windows automatically downloaded and installed an update but may have been unsuccessful.

I think that I need to roll back (undo) the last update that was installed.

How do I do that if the computer won't boot to Windows?

Here is what happened after the last update:

On rebooting Automatic Repair ran but indicated that it could not fix the problem, followed within 5 secs by a BSOD indicating "Kernel Security Check Failure" error. The computer then automatically rebooted to Automatic Repair to BSOD with the same error message, followed by rebooting into a loop.

I have disabled Automatic repair which leads to the following error message:

"OS could not be loaded because a required file is missing or contains errors

\Windows\ system32 \winload.exe

Error code 0x000000f"

I have a bootable UBS for Windows 10. One of the choices on booting via the UBS is to return to the last version. This computer came installed with Windows 8.1 but was upgraded to Windows 10. If I return to the last version will this roll back the last update or go back to Windows 8.1?

To repeat the question I asked at the beginning of this email:

How do I rollback the last Windows 10 update if the Kernel Security Check Failure error is preventing Windows 10 from loading?

Thank you in advance for any solutions.

wp7

:)

waldopepper7, Jul 19, 2018

2. After upgrading to WIndows 10 i get Kernel security check failure

It happens to me at any time, whithout advise, without signal, etc.

LuchoPizarro, Jul 20, 2018
  3. KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE error in WINDOWS 10

I upgraded my lenovo laptop OS from windows 8.1 to windows 10 before 2 months but now my laptop is restarting and showing error as "KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE". Can anyone suggest me how to solve this.

ShivaReddy4-, Jul 20, 2018
  4. Kernel Security Check Failure error prevents Windows 10 from starting after Windows Update

After upgrading to WIndows 10 i get Kernel security check failure

I just updated my computer. I am running Windows 10 Build 1607 x64 on a Lenovo ThinkPad E550. I have encountered this same error 3 times in the past 3 days. I have attempted to update my computer, but my computer is telling me that my computer is up to
    date. The only change that has been made to the system has been an upgrade to my antivirus software. I upgraded from Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 to Kaspersky Internet Security 2017.

Please advise on how to fix.

Thank you,

Jason

jasonbrand1984, Jul 20, 2018
Thema:

Kernel Security Check Failure error prevents Windows 10 from starting after Windows Update

1. Kernel Security Check Failure error prevents Windows 10 from starting after Windows Update - Similar Threads - Kernel Security Check

2. BSOD kernel security check failure "NTOKRNL.exe" is preventing me from even starting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD kernel security check failure "NTOKRNL.exe" is preventing me from even starting...: I have an old PC with Windows10 on it. I suspect that my RAM sticks are failing because I keep getting BSODs with different stop codes.Recently, I keep getting only a stop code: Kernal security check failure every time I try to log in to WIN10 and crashing my PC forcing it to...
  3. BSOD kernel security check failure "NTOKRNL.exe" is preventing me from even starting...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD kernel security check failure "NTOKRNL.exe" is preventing me from even starting...: I have an old PC with Windows10 on it. I suspect that my RAM sticks are failing because I keep getting BSODs with different stop codes.Recently, I keep getting only a stop code: Kernal security check failure every time I try to log in to WIN10 and crashing my PC forcing it to...
  4. BSOD kernel security check failure "NTOKRNL.exe" is preventing me from even starting...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE Windows 10: Hello,Can anyone point me in the right direction regarding my BSoD which seems to randomly happen, often making it nearly impossible to boot the PC. All checks I run shows the drives and memory to be fine. And when the PC's running it works well. I took it to an independent...
  6. KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE Windows 10: Hello,Can anyone point me in the right direction regarding my BSoD which seems to randomly happen, often making it nearly impossible to boot the PC. All checks I run shows the drives and memory to be fine. And when the PC's running it works well. I took it to an independent...
  7. KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE Windows 10

8. kernel security check failure windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    kernel security check failure windows 10: kernel security check failure windows 10 got the blue screen is there a way to fix it my self https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kernel-security-check-failure-windows-10/bf6a5f42-6288-46f5-a2dc-432f14881f21
  9. Windows 10 Kernel Security Check Failure

Windows 10 Kernel Security Check Failure: In thelast few weeks I have had three blue screen of death errors while in Microsoft Teams meetings. THe crash dump analysis is:Crash Dump Analysis Crash dumps areenabled on your computer. This system is not configured for complete orautomatic crash dumps. For best results,...
  10. windows 10 Kernel Security Check Failure

windows 10 Kernel Security Check Failure: Hi My computer has chrashed -again - this time with the bug code Kernel_Security_Check_Failure I have a full 8GB memory dump. According to Windbg Preview !analyse -v: Process Name: System ERROR_CODE: NTSTATUS 0xc0000409 The system detected an overrun of a stack-based...