Windows 10: kernel_security_check BSOD occur repeatdly in random times

Discus and support kernel_security_check BSOD occur repeatdly in random times in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently, while playing a game (Heroes of the Storm), I have encountered a KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE BSOD, so I sent the computer to a lab to run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tomerst, May 15, 2017.

1. tomerst Win User

kernel_security_check BSOD occur repeatdly in random times

Recently, while playing a game (Heroes of the Storm), I have encountered a KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE BSOD, so I sent the computer to a lab to run some stress tests - according to them nothing was detected and the issue did not repeat. By their advice, I have installed Windows 10 from scratch and the problem did not occur for another week.

* Now, while doing the same activity (playing a game) the BSOD occurred once again; it also takes a couple of attempts to start the computer again after that crash.

* Another different BSOD popped up while I was browsing the web trying to find a fix which was a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT one (I have uploaded both dumps).

* I ran Windows Memory Test which found no problems (although I don't know how reliable this test is).

I can't tell specifically when the computer crashes or why because I am able to play and use the computer for some time, to this point I've had 3 sessions of re-occurring BSODs,
    twice after I reinstalled Windows.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Attachment 135224

:)

tomerst, May 15, 2017
  2. xinchi120 Win User

BSOD Kernel security check failure

Hi, my laptop is running into BSOD from time to time (approx. once every 2-3 days) with a kernel_security_check error.

I ran system file check and a disk check with no error, and passed the memory test too. I am now very confused as to why the BSOD still persist.

Here is the link to my dump file: 112516-18968-01.dmp

xinchi120, May 15, 2017
  3. Mgrovest Win User
    Mgrovest, May 15, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello and welcome to Tenforums *Smile

A better test for memory is described below:

kernel_security_check BSOD occur repeatdly in random times [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

Addition:
    If errors show up you can stop the test, remove all sticks but 1 and test this single stick in each slot for 8 passes or until errors show, switch sticks and repeat.

philc43, May 16, 2017
  5. tomerst Win User
    Thanks for your response.

Sorry it took me some time but I had issues leaving the computer over-night, anyway I've ran the test in two instances, both returned with no errors:

Attachment 135776

tomerst, May 19, 2017
  6. philc43 Win User
    The is an indication that USB devices might be involved in this crash. Can you remove any USB devices for testing purposes and see if it makes a difference?

Code: BugCheck 139, {3, ffff9d8158df32b0, ffff9d8158df3208, 0} Probably caused by : USBXHCI.SYS ( USBXHCI!Isoch_Transfer_CompleteCancelable+6f )[/quote]

philc43, May 21, 2017
  7. tomerst Win User
    The only USB devices connected are these I use on a regular basis (headphones, keyboard, mouse and bluetooth receiver) and since it takes about a week for the BSOD to reappear it is problematic to go without them.

Can dumps (or any other application) provide a more detailed image of the USB plugs involved?

tomerst, May 21, 2017
  8. tomerst Win User

Sorry to bump the thread but I'm still clueless, it's been 4 weeks with no issues what-so-ever.

Today it's been the worst BSOD loop I've encountered so far, I'll try to describe as fully as possible- I was again playing until the game crashed, while relaunching it a KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE occurred.

My USB devices was as follows: Mouse, Bluetooth receiver hub for headphones, Keyboard (/w USB extenders) and a Bluetooth receiver attached to it.

First, I booted into safe mode and tried using Windows Driver Verifier to detect issues - which caused a BSOD loop and was unable to boot into windows so I disabled it.

After several hard restarts I disconnected every USB device but the mouse and keyboard, even after that some new weird BSOD appeared (some were just codes) and Windows couldn't even load (some .sys files corruption, like acpi.sys).

I'm now using only mouse and keyboard and hoping nothing will crash again, but I need some real pro debugging tips on what to do next, I have absolutely no idea how to confront that issue. I'm not afraid to dive deep to find whats causing the issue, just need some guidance.

I have attached the newly created dumps, your help will be highly appreciated!

tomerst, Jun 20, 2017
  9. philc43 Win User
    The sequence of events you describe is not atypical. A game crash occurs and in the crash some file might have been in the process of writing data to memory or somewhere and its gets interrupted, the system gets corrupted. You try to carry on but then the system detects a problem and crashes. You tried to look into this with safe mode and driver verifier, I can see your attempts to do this in the eventlog; the F8 keystrokes were recorded but the driver verifier clearly did not work.

I would do a thorough check of your file system:

1. Open an elevated command prompt
    2. type sfc /scannow and return
    3. Reboot and repeat two times since it can take up to three scans to find all the problems.

You can also check your system disk to make sure there is no corruption there:

1. Open the elevated command prompt
    2. type chkdsk %systemdrive% /F

Additional note for explanation:
    The event log also showed that there had been some corruption:
    Code: Event[2755]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-General Date: 2017-06-21T00:36:02.639 Event ID: 5 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Tomer-PC Description: {Registry Hive Recovered} Registry hive (file): '\SystemRoot\System32\Config\SOFTWARE' was corrupted and it has been recovered. Some data might have been lost.[/quote]

philc43, Jun 20, 2017
  10. tomerst Win User
    Somehow again all tests passed with no issues. Last night I had a IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (not sure anymore if it has something to do with it but I was playing the same game once again).

I'm still connected only with mouse, keyboard and a Logitech Bluetooth receiver hub for my headphones.
    How can I rule out one of these devices (or their drivers) as the reason for the crashes?

tomerst, Jun 21, 2017
  11. philc43 Win User
    It would be worth checking on the game forums to see if others are having problems with this game.

You can try using other combinations of USB ports or replacing the Bluetooth headphones and using a wired headphone directly plugged into the audio headphone socket.

Please can you fill in as many details as possible about you system in the system spec area of your profile. This is just in case I have missed anything and having the info in the dropdown at the bottom of your post helps us to quickly see what your system is.

philc43, Jun 21, 2017
  12. tomerst Win User
    I've updated my system specs. I had to format Windows after some BlueScreen loops caused it to work super slow and buggy. I know believe the faulty device is either the headphones or something far more extent (maybe BIOS or motherboard related) because I had some game sessions without any sound output and it went okay, just after connecting the USB (important to note I used the front ports this time) some crazy loops has occured.
    I still wonder though, because unplugging the headphones jacket should have stopped the crash loops, but it still went crazy, getting BlueScreens with different reason codes one after another, sometimes I even had to cut all power supply just to get the PC to boot, thats why I suspect a BIOS issue maybe?
    Any ideas would be gladly appreciated

EDIT 1: I flashed BIOS to the newest version availabe, with almost no drivers or software on a newly installed Windows, started a new game with the same gear mentioned, BSOD once again - might just be the headphones as suspected.

EDIT 2: Downloaded latest Logitech's drivers for the headset, still no use.

tomerst, Jun 21, 2017
  13. philc43 Win User

Post up a new set of logfiles for the latest BSOD on the new Windows installation.

philc43, Jun 22, 2017
  14. tomerst Win User
    I had to use system restore today after another meltdown (only mouse and keyboard attached this time)
    Here's a screenshot of my USB devices as of today, although I don't think it provides any new details:
    Attachment 140802

Latest dumps and logs:

Attachment 140801

tomerst, Jun 22, 2017
  15. philc43 Win User
    Make sure you are plugging the keyboard and mouse into black USB 2 ports not the blue USB 3 ports.

philc43, Jun 22, 2017
Thema:

1. kernel_security_check BSOD occur repeatdly in random times - Similar Threads - kernel_security_check BSOD occur

2. BSOD windows 11 with random erorrs occuring at random times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD windows 11 with random erorrs occuring at random times: Hi,My Lenovo T14 gen4 has recently started crashing on me repeatedly. I'm not sure of what to do. Every time it crashes I keep getting random errors. I ran sfc /scannow test and it came back with no errors. I haven't added any new drivers nor upgraded any hardware recently....
  3. BSOD windows 11 with random erorrs occuring at random times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD windows 11 with random erorrs occuring at random times: Hi,My Lenovo T14 gen4 has recently started crashing on me repeatedly. I'm not sure of what to do. Every time it crashes I keep getting random errors. I ran sfc /scannow test and it came back with no errors. I haven't added any new drivers nor upgraded any hardware recently....
  4. Random BSOD Started Occuring Randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD Started Occuring Randomly: Since a couple months ago i have been experiencing random BSOD ocurrences without changing much of my setup. This PC never had any BSOD until i upgraded my PC GPU from a GTX660Ti to a RTX3080. I cannot replicate the error has its completly random when the error occurs. i...
  5. Random BSOD occurring

Random BSOD occurring: Hi I am facing random BSOD at random time. Some tine I one my pc and BSOD occurs and sometimes after opening an app. The most common BSOD I get is MEMORY_MANGEMENT. So I checked my RAM with Windows Memory diagnostic tool but it is saying that my RAM is good. So I have...
  6. Kernel_Security_Check _Failure BSOD

Kernel_Security_Check _Failure BSOD: Currently set up on a new system and I keep getting the aforementioned bsod. I can't seem to figure out what's is exactly causing it. Edit: Crash #5, uploaded the 5 dumps Edit again: Crash #6: Was away, don't know what the message was 35331
  7. BSOD occurs randomly

BSOD occurs randomly: Hi, I have BSODs occuring randomly, sometimes 2-3 times a day, sometimes nothing for a week. The BSOD says MACHINE_CHECK_ERROR. I updated all the drivers to no avail. 63002
  8. Random BSOD occurred three times

Random BSOD occurred three times: Hi, On three occasions, my laptop has crashed displaying the blue screen. If I recall correctly, the blue screens occured while I was either browsing the web or reading a PDF.. Thank you! 35774
  9. BSOD randomly occurs

BSOD randomly occurs: I have had the BSOD occurring randomly for the past several days. The computer will just shut down. 22402
  10. BSOD Windows 10 Kernel_Security_Check

BSOD Windows 10 Kernel_Security_Check: Used to have Windows 7 until the upgrade to Windows 10. Ever since then I will get random Kernel Security Check Blue Screens. It's hard to pin point what triggers it and what doesn't for me so hopefully you guys will be able to help me out. The blue screens never occurred on...