Windows 10: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILIURE and IRQL_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUAL when playing some games

Discus and support KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILIURE and IRQL_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUAL when playing some games in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've been having some crashing on my PC for a while now, 6 months ago it was due to my CPU overheating and replacing the thermal paste helped. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BradyHawkins1, Nov 29, 2023.

1. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILIURE and IRQL_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUAL when playing some games

I've been having some crashing on my PC for a while now, 6 months ago it was due to my CPU overheating and replacing the thermal paste helped. The crashing has returned but my CPU temps aren't getting high enough to warrant crashing. I get one of these errors after browsing on my PC for a while or when I play some for a lil bit anywhere from 3-15 minutes, but not necessarily graphically demanding ones Lately it's just been Risk of Rain I've tried cleaning my RAM ports and swapping configurations but it hasn't changed anything. I've ran memory tests and found no issues and I even redid m

:)

BradyHawkins1, Nov 29, 2023

2. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

Resolving Blue Screen errors in Windows - Microsoft Support

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 29, 2023
  3. Can't play pyramid solitaire game in Windows 10

Hi Lee,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please share this:

• Are you playing the game online or offline?

I suggest you to try installing the game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow these steps to install the game in compatibility mode.

• Download the game from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
      ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps. Feel free to get back to us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Nov 29, 2023
  4. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILIURE and IRQL_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUAL when playing some games

Xbox Play anywhere games

I uninstalled and re-installed the game. The freezing is still happening.

David-Murica, Nov 29, 2023
Thema:

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILIURE and IRQL_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUAL when playing some games

1. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILIURE and IRQL_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUAL when playing some games - Similar Threads - KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILIURE IRQL_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUAL playing

2. Can't play some games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't play some games: Hi so I don't know what happened but all of a sudden I can't play the games I've played before in the same pc. Like valorant, farlight but I can play genshin and some other games. It doesn't say error or anything it the game just exits on itself....
  3. Can't play some games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't play some games: Hi so I don't know what happened but all of a sudden I can't play the games I've played before in the same pc. Like valorant, farlight but I can play genshin and some other games. It doesn't say error or anything it the game just exits on itself....
  4. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILIURE and IRQL_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUAL when playing some games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILIURE and IRQL_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUAL when playing some games: I've been having some crashing on my PC for a while now, 6 months ago it was due to my CPU overheating and replacing the thermal paste helped. The crashing has returned but my CPU temps aren't getting high enough to warrant crashing. I get one of these errors after browsing...
  5. Intermittent connection when playing some games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittent connection when playing some games.: Lately whenever i play a couple different games on my computer, my wifi adapter keeps disconnecting and reconnecting. i change its location to a different USB port and even went back to my old wifi adapter to see if it's the current one, but the issue persists. This happens...
  6. Intermittent connection when playing some games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intermittent connection when playing some games.: Lately whenever i play a couple different games on my computer, my wifi adapter keeps disconnecting and reconnecting. i change its location to a different USB port and even went back to my old wifi adapter to see if it's the current one, but the issue persists. This happens...
  7. Monitor goes black when playing some games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor goes black when playing some games.: Hey guys, I'm getting a black screen when playing certain games i.e. rocket league, fall guys, code vein, dying light + more. Unfortunately it doesn't happen on all titles which is weird. The black screen only last for a second and then the game runs perfectly fine, however...
  8. System crash when playing some online games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System crash when playing some online games.: Hello! Since a while ago, I started experiencing some system freezes when playing certain games. (FFXIV, ARK, ATLAS) I wiped my system and the problem stopped, but a few days ago it started again : / I opened the reliability history and found out it is caused by the WMI...
  9. System crash when playing some online games.

in Windows 10 Support
    System crash when playing some online games.: Hello! Since a while ago, I started experiencing some system freezes when playing certain games. (FFXIV, ARK, ATLAS) I wiped my system and the problem stopped, but a few days ago it started again : / I opened the reliability history and found out it is caused by the WMI...
  10. BSOD playing guildwars2, error: IRQL_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUAL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD playing guildwars2, error: IRQL_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUAL: Multiple BSOD's, I installed windows 8 initially (had a windows 8 installation CD), then upgraded to windows 10 Pro for free after a few hours (this is a new build - 1 or 2 weeks old). Generally crashes after running for at least 5/10 minutes. Last crash was while running GW2...