Windows 10: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139 , first BSOD in a while, do I need to be worried?

Discus and support KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139 , first BSOD in a while, do I need to be worried? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Had this BSOD this morning, the stop code mentioned security so im a bit on edge, can someone take a look? I have pasted the debug below and here is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Guvais Dunn, Dec 11, 2023.

1. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139 , first BSOD in a while, do I need to be worried?

Had this BSOD this morning, the stop code mentioned security so im a bit on edge, can someone take a look? I have pasted the debug below and here is a drive link to the dmp file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GkVNHw3PAY_WBtmA6XSOOi4U5r9jff-O/view?usp=drive_linkKERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139A kernel component has corrupted a critical data structure. The corruptioncould potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this machine.Arguments:Arg1: 0000000000000008, A compiler-inserted array bounds check detected an illegal array indexing operation.Arg2: fffff50215f86b90,

:)

Guvais Dunn, Dec 11, 2023

2. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)

Hi,

I've been getting unexplained shutdowns whilst gaming and the common thing that is coming up is KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139) but I can't pinpoint the cause myself. There's no BSOD, PC just shuts down.

The minidump can be viewed here: 052223-12468-01.dmp

And my system info is: SystemInfo1.nfo

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks

Scott McGuinnes, Dec 11, 2023
  3. Arthur Win User
    BSOD - KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139) | avc3.sys

Hi,

May I hereby seek assistance for the following BSOD issue please.

Code:
    Code:
    ********************************************************************************                                                                             * *                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    * *                                                                             * *******************************************************************************  KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139) A kernel component has corrupted a critical data structure.  The corruption could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this machine. Arguments: Arg1: 0000000000000003, A LIST_ENTRY has been corrupted (i.e. double remove). Arg2: ffffd00022176820, Address of the trap frame for the exception that caused the bugcheck Arg3: ffffd00022176778, Address of the exception record for the exception that caused the bugcheck Arg4: 0000000000000000, Reserved
    I've been frequently getting BSODs from cold boot right after POST. I am suspecting it has something to do with Bitdefender 2016 as the driver mentioned below points to Bitdefender's Active Virus Control filter.

Code:
    Code:
    Probably caused by : avc3.sys ( avc3!UcAddUrlEntry+2f704 )
    I wish to understand the root cause of this issue. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Arthur, Dec 11, 2023
  4. Joenaldo Win User

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139 , first BSOD in a while, do I need to be worried?

Kernel_security_check_failure bsod

A few months back I built my first PC, since then I've intermittently been experiencing BSOD crashes.

My computer crashes to a BSOD with the KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE error message but I've also rarely had the following BSODs:

• DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION
    • MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    • SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY

That being said it's nearly always the KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE error; the other messages haven't happened more than once or twice each.

I've attached the DM Log but I'm fairly new at this so please let me know if there is any other information that would help fix this.

Help me Ten Forums, you're my only help.

Attachment 52025

Joenaldo, Dec 11, 2023
Thema:

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139 , first BSOD in a while, do I need to be worried?

1. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139 , first BSOD in a while, do I need to be worried? - Similar Threads - KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139 BSOD

2. BSOD: 139 KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD: 139 KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE: Attached in the link are the full Memory.dmp and cbs.log files. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1u5wHlZPwa3hDCr54bBilcnd8hfrS0b90?usp=drive_linkI've had a user get this BSOD twice in the past month. Looking to get a more professional eye on the dump. This same system...
  3. BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139: Left my PC for a bit and when I came back it had rebooted. Digging through the logs showed an error had occurred. I have made no changes to the hardware or drivers of my PC recently, so I was wondering what could have caused the issue in order to prevent it from happening in...
  4. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139 , first BSOD in a while, do I need to be worried?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139 , first BSOD in a while, do I need to be worried?: Had this BSOD this morning, the stop code mentioned security so im a bit on edge, can someone take a look? I have pasted the debug below and here is a drive link to the dmp file:...
  5. BSoD Kernel_Security_Check_Failure 139

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD Kernel_Security_Check_Failure 139: Stop Code: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILUREEdition Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎5/‎22/‎2023 OS build 22621.1778 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22642.1000.0 Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 7600XGraphics Card: Nvidia RTX 4070Motherboard: ASUS B650M plus wifiI...
  6. BSoD Kernel_Security_Check_Failure 139

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSoD Kernel_Security_Check_Failure 139: Stop Code: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILUREEdition Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎5/‎22/‎2023 OS build 22621.1778 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22642.1000.0 Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 7600XGraphics Card: Nvidia RTX 4070Motherboard: ASUS B650M plus wifiI...
  7. BSoD Kernel_Security_Check_Failure 139

BSoD Kernel_Security_Check_Failure 139: Is this a RAM, driver, virus, or other type of issue?KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139A kernel component has corrupted a critical data structure. The corruptioncould potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this machine.Arguments:Arg1: 0000000000000000, A...
  8. BSoD Kernel_Security_Check_Failure 139

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD Kernel_Security_Check_Failure 139: Is this a RAM, driver, virus, or other type of issue?KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139A kernel component has corrupted a critical data structure. The corruptioncould potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this machine.Arguments:Arg1: 0000000000000000, A...
  9. BSoD Kernel_Security_Check_Failure 139

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD Kernel_Security_Check_Failure 139: Hello! So my PC has been crashing for the past 3 months now and I don't know what to do now. The bsod usually occurs after 5-10 min of startup or during my gaming session. I can't read this Windbg page so I was wondering if you all could help.KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE...
  10. BSoD Kernel_Security_Check_Failure 139

BSoD Kernel_Security_Check_Failure 139: Hello! So my PC has been crashing for the past 3 months now and I don't know what to do now. The bsod usually occurs after 5-10 min of startup or during my gaming session. I can't read this Windbg page so I was wondering if you all could help.KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE...