Windows 10: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139

Discus and support KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,My PC has windows 10 installed, with a RTX4080 graphical card. Recent days when I play Baldur's Gate 3 for a hour or two, it will crash.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by hexise, Jan 12, 2024.

1. hexise Win User

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139

Hello,My PC has windows 10 installed, with a RTX4080 graphical card. Recent days when I play Baldur's Gate 3 for a hour or two, it will crash. Currently it crashed twice, first time it directly reboot the system, the second time it leads to a blue screen.I have uploaded the recent minidump files to Google Drive:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oMvD9CbZxOWkH9LktYINII98Jcbn0Tzu/view?usp=sharinghttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1497GIVbLMlzN7pxInBOB6AWS4Woh5iyl/view?usp=sharingHere is the recent error, could anyone tell me what is the root cause for the crash so I can fix it? Thanks.***************

:)

hexise, Jan 12, 2024

2. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)

Hi,

I've been getting unexplained shutdowns whilst gaming and the common thing that is coming up is KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139) but I can't pinpoint the cause myself. There's no BSOD, PC just shuts down.

The minidump can be viewed here: 052223-12468-01.dmp

And my system info is: SystemInfo1.nfo

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks

Scott McGuinnes, Jan 12, 2024
  3. BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)

I've completed the steps. The third time running it it automatically opened recovery mode. None of the times it crashed a specific driver was mentioned on the BSOD itself.

It created a single new minidump which I've added to the folder (BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE).

White Lotuss, Jan 12, 2024
  4. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)

Hello Anas,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Thank you for providing the blue screen dmp file. Please let me analyze it first.

Error Code: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)

This error indicates that the kernel has detected the corruption of a critical data structure.

PROCESS_NAME: dwm.exe

dwm.exe refers to the desktop window manager, which indicates that there was an error in the desktop window manager when the problem occurred.

IMAGE_NAME: ntkrnlmp.exe

Ntkrnlmp is an abbreviation for NT Kernel Multi-Processor Version. Numerous factors can prompt the ntkrnlmp.exe error on your Windows computer. However, having corrupt system files on your PC is the main reason for the error. They affect the components running in your system, resulting in Blue Screen. Of course, the driver is abnormal, the third-party software is incompatible and other reasons may cause ntkrnlmp.exe error.

If you are able to restart and access the system normally, I suggest that you first try to use the command to repair the system:
    Search for "CMD" in the taskbar, then open "Command Prompt" as an administrator, type the following two commands separately, and then press Enter to execute:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

sfc /scannow

After the execution is complete, please use the computer normally and continue to observe whether there is a blue screen. In addition, I recommend that you visit your device's manufacturer's website, download the video and sound card drivers (since you said you had a blue screen when playing video or music) and reinstall them.

If anything is unclear, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Best regards,

Mitchell - | Microsoft community support expert from MSFT

Mitchell - MSFT, Jan 12, 2024
Thema:

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139

1. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139 - Similar Threads - KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139

2. BSOD: 139 KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD: 139 KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE: Attached in the link are the full Memory.dmp and cbs.log files. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1u5wHlZPwa3hDCr54bBilcnd8hfrS0b90?usp=drive_linkI've had a user get this BSOD twice in the past month. Looking to get a more professional eye on the dump. This same system...
  3. BSOD: 139 KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD: 139 KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE: Attached in the link are the full Memory.dmp and cbs.log files. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1u5wHlZPwa3hDCr54bBilcnd8hfrS0b90?usp=drive_linkI've had a user get this BSOD twice in the past month. Looking to get a more professional eye on the dump. This same system...
  4. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139: Can someone assist me with this? I have a new Lenovo laptop and anytime I take it into the kitchen, or downstairs it reboots with this error. In the living room, I never get it. So odd. I'm very new to learning about dumpfiles, in my google searches. Was able to run Windbg...
  5. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139: Can someone assist me with this? I have a new Lenovo laptop and anytime I take it into the kitchen, or downstairs it reboots with this error. In the living room, I never get it. So odd. I'm very new to learning about dumpfiles, in my google searches. Was able to run Windbg...
  6. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139: Hello,My PC has windows 10 installed, with a RTX4080 graphical card. Recent days when I play Baldur's Gate 3 for a hour or two, it will crash. Currently it crashed twice, first time it directly reboot the system, the second time it leads to a blue screen.I have uploaded the...
  7. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139: Hello,My PC has windows 10 installed, with a RTX4080 graphical card. Recent days when I play Baldur's Gate 3 for a hour or two, it will crash. Currently it crashed twice, first time it directly reboot the system, the second time it leads to a blue screen.I have uploaded the...
  8. BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139: Left my PC for a bit and when I came back it had rebooted. Digging through the logs showed an error had occurred. I have made no changes to the hardware or drivers of my PC recently, so I was wondering what could have caused the issue in order to prevent it from happening in...
  9. BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139

BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139: Left my PC for a bit and when I came back it had rebooted. Digging through the logs showed an error had occurred. I have made no changes to the hardware or drivers of my PC recently, so I was wondering what could have caused the issue in order to prevent it from happening in...
  10. BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging