Windows 10: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE after memory upgrade

Discus and support KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE after memory upgrade in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Dell Inspiron N5010 Laptop with 4GB (2x2GB) RAM has been working for months, no problems, after upgrade from Win7 to Win10. Bought PNY memory (2x4GB)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by boontango, Feb 24, 2016.

1. boontango Win User

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE after memory upgrade

Dell Inspiron N5010 Laptop with 4GB (2x2GB) RAM has been working for months, no problems, after upgrade from Win7 to Win10. Bought PNY memory (2x4GB) to improve performance and every time it boots I get BOSD with KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE and then just continues to reboot. Memory is recognized in BIOS and checks out with diagnostics but I cannot get passed this "check failure" whenever Windows starts. I have researched and tried several things including a bootable USB drive but it still doesn't get past the security check. When I put the original memory back in it works fine. Any help greatly appreciated.

:)

boontango, Feb 24, 2016

2. Kernel_Security_Check_Failure While turn on camera in windows 10

Hi Support Team,

I upgraded my system from windows7 to windows10.

After update when I turn on my camera for video calling it shows Kernel_Security_Check_Failure and suddenly blue screen appeared and memory test started and system restarted. Pl help me this very important to me.

and also facing some driver issues like realtek hd sound drivers etc.

Thanks, Ankit

AnkkitOjha, Feb 24, 2016
  3. JesseW_4 Win User
    Just installed a new motherboard, memory and CPU. I keep getting this BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE Windows 10.

Original Title - kernel_security_check_failure

Just installed a new motherboard, memory and CPU.

I keep getting this BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE.

I am using a fresh install of Windows 10 Home.

My specifications are:

Intel i7-6700

ASUS H170 Pro Gaming

Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133

the memory.dmp right after the most recent crash is:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...1626&authkey=!AGUpA-bEFV2R49g&ithint=file,DMP

Thanks in advance

JesseW_4, Feb 24, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

You may find that the new memory is not compatible with that DELL laptop. Were you able to do a memory compatibility check before you bought them?

philc43, Feb 24, 2016
  5. boontango Win User
    According to PNY website and others (Crucial) what I purchased should be compatible. If I go into setup during boot, BIOS sees it fine.

boontango, Feb 25, 2016
  6. boontango Win User
    Might be something there to look at. I'm wondering if the speed is the problem; trying a 1066. Thanks.

boontango, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE after memory upgrade - Similar Threads - KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE memory upgrade

2. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE: Hi, I'm getting blue screens multiple times a day. Resetting my PC didn't help. Here're the 2 latest dumps: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Au5sgjPLNEdWiIZRUAYtLmXOc8UDfQ?e=yJhsny https://1drv.ms/u/s!Au5sgjPLNEdWiIZS3-x9uYqTQys8Bw?e=elJMEU Thank you....
  3. Crashing after memory upgrade?

Crashing after memory upgrade?: I recently upgraded my old laptop memory from 4 GB to 8 GB, replacing two dual 2 GBs with two dual 4 GBs. The computer runs a lot better now, but it's been giving me a BSOD every so often. I installed WinDbg Preview and loaded the most recent dmp file. It seems to suggest...
  4. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE: Good day! So I've been experiencing this blue screen a lot for quite some time now. It just reoccurs more often now, I can barely do anything productive with my laptop. I've tried the WhoCrashed software and it says the following: Crash dumps are enabled on your...
  5. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE: Hello! In the last couple of days, I've been getting KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when i stop debugging my application in Visual Studio 2019. It doesn't happen anytime I stop debugging, but I can't work 30 minutes in visual studio without getting...
  6. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE: I was just minding my own business, with nothing open except File Explorer, a Wikipedia page and a YouTube video (both in Chrome), when all of a sudden my computer blue-screens with the following code: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE. I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64 version...
  7. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE: Can't seems to figure this one out, the BSOD seemed to disappear for two weeks and now it's back. No particular cause, wether the PC is under load or idle. Crashes to Blue screen saying KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE and reboots. Specs, System and Minidump files -...
  8. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE after USB short

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE after USB short: Update 1/14/2017: The thread has been marked as "solved", however the drives with the installations lost their partition information after BSODs, so there was no actual resolution to this issue. Went to plug in my USB mouse and plugged it into a broken USB port causing my...
  9. GSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE after attempted upgrade to 15007

GSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE after attempted upgrade to 15007: I'm currently on Windows 10 build 14986. I tried to update to 15002 during the week but it kept failing with KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE and the same issue is happening again with 15007. As soon as the computer reboots after "configuring Windows Update", I get that...
  10. Kernel_security_check_failure

Kernel_security_check_failure: Nineteen days of BSODS with the this warning. Started with a cumulative update. Have not gotten a solution, yet. Windows 10 (64), with all the latest (updated) programs, versions, and drivers, and I ran every conceivable scan to detect issues, without finding a clue to...