Windows 10: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Errors

Discus and support KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Errors in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been having issues with BSODs for a few weeks now and was hoping someone would be able to help. I bought my laptop (acer spin 5) around a month... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by softblankie, Oct 14, 2019.

1. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Errors

I've been having issues with BSODs for a few weeks now and was hoping someone would be able to help.

I bought my laptop (acer spin 5) around a month ago second hand, and most of the time it works great but every now and then it's been having issues. I tried troubleshooting the errors myself but every time I think I've fixed it it seems to come back. I've tried both windows memory diagnostic and memtest and both came back completely clean, I've tried sfc and chkdsk scans and they came back clean too, and I've tried doing windows 'fresh start' reinstall too. I'm up to date with windows updates, and I've done clean installs of my graphics driver, updated drivers from device manager, acer's website and intel's website, and updated my bios as well. .I also tried using driver verifier (which I thought fixed the problem at first and alerted a random software driver as the issue) but I'm now thinking this might have been a false positive as there have been a few bluescreens since.

The most recent crash happened this evening and this is what WhoCrashed had to say:

On Mon 14/10/2019 21:17:16 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\101419-14937-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1C1220)
    Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF8032A3C9147, 0xFFFFAF0B69C1DCC0, 0x0)
    Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

I've also uploaded the 3 most recent crash dumps here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag7ylNs6YVGCiF_L6ORtWvnKiZBG?e=xPXbtS

Any help would be appreciated as this is getting quite frustrating!

:)

softblankie, Oct 14, 2019
  2. Clark Ari Win User

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE on USB Tethering

Hi,

The KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE blue screen error likely occurs due to RAM failure. To troubleshoot the issue, we recommend that you perform the steps provided in these articles:

The article will be able to provide you with steps to repair system file corruption.

The troubleshooter will be able to isolate the cause of the issue and there are troubleshooting steps that you need to follow in order to resolve it.

Please post back with the result.

Clark Ari, Oct 14, 2019
  3. Rudolfos0 Win User
    BSOD while gaming SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION win32kbase.sys & ntoskrnl.exe windows 10

I have similar BSODs, I also have NVIDIA card and Intel i7 4700MQ

• SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (HTTP.sys+cdfed)
    • Kernel_Security_Check_failure (NTFS.sys+19a95)
    • SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kbase.sys+4d8be)
    • DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (L1C63x64.sys+6cb3)
    • SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kbase.sys+4d8be)

Windows 10 BSOD - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kbase.sys+4d8be)

Rudolfos0, Oct 14, 2019
  4. Erika Aro Win User

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Errors

System_service_exception

Thank you for providing the information. Upon checking the file, here's the stop code which causes the blue screen error:

Stop error message

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

Stop Code

c000021a {Fatal System Error}

The Windows SubSystem system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000005. The system has been shut down.

It's related to missing or corrupted system files. We suggest running the
    System File Checker and Deployment Image Servicing and Management
    tool
    to scan for corruptions in the Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Continue to update us as you go along the listed troubleshooting steps.

Erika Aro, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Errors

1. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Errors - Similar Threads - KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Errors

2. Assistance Needed with SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Assistance Needed with SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE: Subject: Assistance Needed with SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE Stop Codes Hello Microsoft Support Community, I hope this message finds you well. I am currently experiencing recurring issues with my Dell laptop running on Windows 11, specifically...
  3. Assistance Needed with SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Assistance Needed with SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE: Subject: Assistance Needed with SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE Stop Codes Hello Microsoft Support Community, I hope this message finds you well. I am currently experiencing recurring issues with my Dell laptop running on Windows 11, specifically...
  4. Occasional BSOD of KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Occasional BSOD of KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION: Hi,Sorry if I did something wrong as this is my first time posting something on this community.I bought a computer a week ago and I have been getting BSODs occasionally. They are mostly "KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE", "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION" and...
  5. BSOD Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

BSOD Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION: Every time I run a certain game I get a blue screen crash after about 10 mins of play time, with one exception it only occurs during that game. It started after the latest windows update. While uploading to onedrive I actually got it again, this being the first time it has...
  6. Windows Crashing with System_Service_Exception Error

Windows Crashing with System_Service_Exception Error: Since about last week my system has been constantly crashing due to a "System_Service_Exception Error" I went into the logs and found that the reason for the crash was a bugcheck the log says "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b...
  7. BSOD error SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

BSOD error SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION: Hi I keep getting a blue screen error on my HP 250 G5. This laptop isn't very old I actually completely reinstalled a fresh copy of windows recently to see if it will solve the problems but it returned. The frequency of the blue screen errors is random. Here is my dump...
  8. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION BSOD Error

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION BSOD Error: So for a while I have been getting two various blue screen errors whilst playing games and they are at random. Sometimes they will not happen and I can continue playing, or most of the time it will BSOD my pc and restart it. The two errors I get are called...
  9. BSOD error 0x00000139 kernel_security_check_failure

BSOD error 0x00000139 kernel_security_check_failure: hi i got random BSOD my full system info CPUi7-6700kMotherboardZ170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO RAMG.SKILL Ripjaws 16GB DDR4 3200MHZSSDSAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 57275
  10. System_service_exception error

System_service_exception error: Link to results of dm log collector https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvBuj1h1d-YNhA0L0oGCA4Z-wjLB 59785

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kernel security check failure and system service exception