Windows 10: Kernel_Security_Check_Failure - No discernible cause.

Discus and support Kernel_Security_Check_Failure - No discernible cause. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I keep getting this BSOD, mainly while playing or exiting games. It's infrequent with no rhyme or reason and I cannot reproduce the error. There are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by inphared70, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Kernel_Security_Check_Failure - No discernible cause.

I keep getting this BSOD, mainly while playing or exiting games. It's infrequent with no rhyme or reason and I cannot reproduce the error.

There are probably some older logs in here from January or February where I had not fully updated a fresh install of windows 10. There is a log in there from about 10 minutes ago (as of posting this) that just crashed me.

Any help is much appreciated!

:)

inphared70, Mar 8, 2017

2. Multiple BSOD Problems (maybe caused by Hardware, Driver)

Another BSOD, "KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)" caused by csrss.exe.

Added the DMP to the Onedrive Folder.

Abaddon287, Mar 8, 2017
  3. Kernel_Security_Check_Failure (caused by knep.sys and ntoskrnl.exe)

We do need the actual log files (called a DMP files) as they contain the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

Please follow our instructions for finding and uploading the files we need to help you fix your computer. They can be found here
    If you have any questions about the procedure please ask

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Mar 8, 2017
  4. lifetec Win User

Kernel_Security_Check_Failure - No discernible cause.

Please start with diagnosing the system RAM first. You can use the free tool "Memtest86+" to stress test the RAM.

How to run "Memtest"
    MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 BSOD Tutorials
    Make sure you are using the latest version 5.01 - Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

You can stop the test even if a single error is found during the test. Otherwise continue the test for 8-10 passes and post a screenshot with next reply. 8 passes is the recommended bare minimum but more passes will give better result.

lifetec, Mar 9, 2017
  5. I'm running the memtest with no problems, and I knew it would take some time, but I haven't even made it to 5 passes and it's been eleven and a half hours. Is this pretty standard?

inphared70, Mar 10, 2017
  6. SoFine409 Win User
    The more memory you have the longer it takes. Some folks with lots of memory test the sticks individually so they can use their pc in between tests.

SoFine409, Mar 10, 2017
  7. Ztruker Win User
    With 16GB of ram, 12 to 24 hours is not unusual.

Ztruker, Mar 10, 2017
  8. Kernel_Security_Check_Failure - No discernible cause.

Had to use the PC. Restarted and force the multi-core usage (not sure what the non-default option was called) and immediately got an error.

Rerunning now with default settings, will try to post again with what it turns out.

https://i.imgur.com/vruNJqI.jpg

Edit - the option was to force multi threading

inphared70, Mar 10, 2017
  9. Apologies for the quick replies.

After starting the test to run again overnight I got immediate errors again with default settings.

https://i.imgur.com/MEf2noD.jpg

Is it my RAM or my MOBO?

inphared70, Mar 10, 2017
  10. lifetec Win User
    This certainly means there are problems with your memory, but now you have to test if it is your Module(s) or Slot(s) of your Mobo.
    How to do this extended testing, see the endpart of this tutorial MemTest86+ - Test RAM

lifetec, Mar 10, 2017
  11. My computer will only seem to display any information with a stick of ram in the first and third slots, not the second and fourth. How am I to test every slot if I cannot get it to show anything on my monitors?

inphared70, Mar 10, 2017
  12. After running all four of my sticks in the first and third slots, every single one threw errors. How likely would it be that all four of my sticks are bad?

inphared70, Mar 10, 2017
  13. lifetec Win User

It could be that all 4 sticks are bad, but you mentioned also that the second and fourth slot of your mobo display no information.
    So it could be that your mobo is the culprit.
    Do you have a other pc to test your RAM or could you use a friends pc to test your RAM.

lifetec, Mar 10, 2017
  14. Not readily available. I should clarify that when sticks of ram are in the even numbered slots, the pc will turn on, but my displays never come online. Waited upwards of 15 minutes one time, no luck.

inphared70, Mar 10, 2017
  15. Ztruker Win User
    Check the BIOS for correct clock timings and voltages, again if you've already done this before.

Please fill in your System Specs, especially the system board information. See here: System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Kernel_Security_Check_Failure - No discernible cause. - Similar Threads - Kernel_Security_Check_Failure discernible cause

2. Frequent irql_not_less_or_equal and tcpip.sys errors. Can't discern cause.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent irql_not_less_or_equal and tcpip.sys errors. Can't discern cause.: I have been getting somewhat irregular BSOD errors about irql_not_less_or_equal and tcpip.sys. I have looked through the various sources online to repair this error and so far I have been unsuccessful. Last night I was getting the BSOD almost back-to-back. I couldn't even get...
  3. Frequent irql_not_less_or_equal and tcpip.sys errors. Can't discern cause.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent irql_not_less_or_equal and tcpip.sys errors. Can't discern cause.: I have been getting somewhat irregular BSOD errors about irql_not_less_or_equal and tcpip.sys. I have looked through the various sources online to repair this error and so far I have been unsuccessful. Last night I was getting the BSOD almost back-to-back. I couldn't even get...
  4. Frequent irql_not_less_or_equal and tcpip.sys errors. Can't discern cause.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE caused by ntoskrnl.exe

BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE caused by ntoskrnl.exe: So long story short, I've never really had a problem like this before was only until 5 months ago it started happening which is very annoying, whats happening is every time I was to open a game using Battleye anti-cheat games like Fortnite for an example it will just cause a...
  6. BSODs KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE caused by ntoskrnl.exe, wdiwifi.sys

BSODs KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE caused by ntoskrnl.exe, wdiwifi.sys: Hey everyone, hope you can help me I've been having frequent BSODs after the May 2020 windows update failed installing Edit: 2020-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems KB4560960 is also Install error - 0x800f0831 Things I did to fix this 1....
  7. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE: I was just minding my own business, with nothing open except File Explorer, a Wikipedia page and a YouTube video (both in Chrome), when all of a sudden my computer blue-screens with the following code: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE. I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64 version...
  8. Kernel_Security_Check_Failure - No discernible cause.

Kernel_Security_Check_Failure - No discernible cause.: Seems to happen at random times, usually when I'm playing World of Warcraft and just watching youtube. DMP files are uploaded. Any help is greatly appreciated! 75538
  9. Kernel_security_check_failure

Kernel_security_check_failure: Nineteen days of BSODS with the this warning. Started with a cumulative update. Have not gotten a solution, yet. Windows 10 (64), with all the latest (updated) programs, versions, and drivers, and I ran every conceivable scan to detect issues, without finding a clue to...
  10. Intermittent BSOD, no discernible pattern.

Intermittent BSOD, no discernible pattern.: Been getting BSODs on a several month old pc that I built. I just went through Device Manager and updated all the drivers that it was able to automatically update, but I don't know that that would have fixed the problem. I've uploaded the requested information and any...