Windows 10: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when plugging in USB

Discus and support KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when plugging in USB in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I just tried to connect my external portable HDD which I use almost every week and it just gave me a blue screen with this stop code:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MiranKawan, Apr 23, 2020.

1. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when plugging in USB

Hello everyone,

I just tried to connect my external portable HDD which I use almost every week and it just gave me a blue screen with this stop code: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

I waited until my PC restarted and I tried again, same thing

did sfc /scannow and chkdsk /r /f, restarted PC and then tried again, it didn't give me the BSOD but once I opened a few folders in my HDD, my PC just froze

here's a link for three .dmp files which I found in C:\Windows\minidump

Any help is appreciated

Regards

:)

MiranKawan, Apr 23, 2020
  2. Clark Ari Win User

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE on USB Tethering

Hi,

The KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE blue screen error likely occurs due to RAM failure. To troubleshoot the issue, we recommend that you perform the steps provided in these articles:

The article will be able to provide you with steps to repair system file corruption.

The troubleshooter will be able to isolate the cause of the issue and there are troubleshooting steps that you need to follow in order to resolve it.

Please post back with the result.

Clark Ari, Apr 23, 2020
  3. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE on USB Tethering

Hello I'm getting a blue screen with KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when I plug in my one plus5 phone and activate "USB Tethering" on the phone. After the update my window 10 ,the system is automatically restart again and again

deepakbhatnagar, Apr 23, 2020
  4. bhartm Win User

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when plugging in USB

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE on USB Tethering

Hello I'm getting a blue screen with KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when I plug in my Pixel 2 phone and activate "USB Tethering" on the phone. I can reproduce this. This started happening after the big update in January, it was working without an issue before.
    Currently I'm on Windows 10 Home 16299.248. It does not matter if my phone is in airplane mode or not (in case it has something to do with networking). When the phone is just plugged in, e.g. to access files, no blue screen happens.

I was not able to see any related errors in the event viewer, although I don't know what logs to specifically look in.

Hope I can find some suggestions,

Thanks!

bhartm, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when plugging in USB

1. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when plugging in USB - Similar Threads - KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE plugging USB

2. USB device not recognized when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB device not recognized when plugged in: When i plug in a usb stick into my laptop it makes a noise as though it knows it's there but won't display the contents. I've looked a loads of you tube videos which didn't solve the problem but i have noticed that I have a generic USB hub file listed under Universal Serial...
  3. USB device not recognized when plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB device not recognized when plugged in: When i plug in a usb stick into my laptop it makes a noise as though it knows it's there but won't display the contents. I've looked a loads of you tube videos which didn't solve the problem but i have noticed that I have a generic USB hub file listed under Universal Serial...
  4. Malfunctioning applications when a USB is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Malfunctioning applications when a USB is plugged in.: I have a Brand New Dell Vostro 3510 which I've set up using Windows 11. When my headset or even the internet cable is connected to my computer, it somehow malfunctions the applications that are opened. The applications begin to freeze Would someone know the solution to this?...
  5. USB reset when microfone plugged in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB reset when microfone plugged in: I have the following issue: Whenever I have an USB microfone plugged in (SamsonMeteo mic) and launch the sound device manager in Win 10, I run into the following issue. When switching to the "playback" tab the computer freezes, the Meteo mic disappears from the list of...
  6. USB restarts when headphones are plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB restarts when headphones are plugged in: Seemingly randomly. I built my own PC. I have specs listed below. Rosewill RISE Glow case Aorus gaming 5 WiFi motherboard. AMD Ryzen 2700x processor EVGA gaming Geforce 1060 SC GPU Corsair 550x PSU intel m.2 boot drive 760 I think? Samsung SSD, and also a 7200...
  7. BSOD when plugging in USB usbhxci.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when plugging in USB usbhxci.sys: Any time I try to use one of my USH 3.0 ports, I get an BSOD error. If I start the computer with a device plugged in, it goes straight o BSOD. If I start the computer without anything plugged into that port and then plug something in, it immediately crashes. I've tried...
  8. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE after USB short

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE after USB short: Update 1/14/2017: The thread has been marked as "solved", however the drives with the installations lost their partition information after BSODs, so there was no actual resolution to this issue. Went to plug in my USB mouse and plugged it into a broken USB port causing my...
  9. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when installing Potplayer64

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when installing Potplayer64: Since preforming both a fresh install and a Reset of Windows 10 I have been getting a BSOD every time I try to install the 64 bit version of Potplayer. The 32 bit version installs correctly though. I saw some previous posts that mention a graphics driver problem, and I am...
  10. BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when burning dvds

BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when burning dvds: Hi there, I've been getting the BSOD with the error message KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (no numeric error code) and have tried to fix myself but with no success. I've attempted to manually update drivers, this appears to make no difference. The BSOD has been happening when...