Windows 10: kernel_security_check_failure (WIN10 x64)

Discus and support kernel_security_check_failure (WIN10 x64) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; HI, So I purchased a new pc about a month ago and it has been running great. The past week however I have gotten the occasional... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Schween, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Schween Win User

kernel_security_check_failure (WIN10 x64)

HI, So I purchased a new pc about a month ago and it has been running great.

The past week however I have gotten the occasional 'kernel_security_check_failure' bsod, probably about 5 in total, once per day (twice today). Normally these run either during or after I play league of legends (very obscure, i know). However I was just watching a stream on twitch tonight, went to get a drink, came back and it had crashed again to the same error.

Google fu leads me to believe this is generally a driver compatibility error, I'm apparently on the most recent build of WIN 10 (checked windows update just now, had a tiny definition update for windows defender), Nvidia says my 970 drivers are up to date, and my wireless adapter driver is apparently up to date as well. However I am concerned that it may be the mobo or the bios itself needs to be updated.

I've attached the dump as per requested and would be eternally grateful if somebody could take a look and let me know if there's anything that needs to be done, thanks!

:)

Schween, Apr 2, 2016
  2. Liza_987 Win User

Problem with windows updates

While attempting to install windows updates I encountered problems and these error messages:

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3176493) - Error 0x80246007

Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3172729) - Error 0x800703f8

My computer is also routinely crashing and restarting with error messages such as

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED.

Perhaps there's a connection?

Thank you.

Liza_987, Apr 2, 2016
  3. BSOD while booting window 10 x64

Hi,

I am having problems while booting window 10 x64.

Following are the error messages showing in Blue Screen:

1) 0XC000021A

2) SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

3) KMOD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

4) BAD_POOL_HEADER

5) DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER

6) SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION

7) IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

8) KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

9) PAGE_FAULT_IN_NOWPAGE_AREA (CL.DLL)

Hence, i need suggestions based on these mentioned error codes.

PatrickGurung, Apr 2, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Hi @Schween

The Xbox peripherals driver is causing the BSODs there.

If it is Xbox one: Please the driver is pre-installed in the OS; please update it from Microsoft: Update Xbox One Controller

If it is Xbox 360: Xbox on Windows 10

Also have a look at this: Update Drivers and Software | Windows 10

Let us know the result.
    _________________________________________________________________________________
    Code: BugCheck 139, {3, ffffd0007babe5a0, ffffd0007babe4f8, 0} Probably caused by : dc1-controller.sys ( dc1_controller!DccRemoveRequestQueue+7e ) Followup: MachineOwner ---------[/quote]

Thema:

1. kernel_security_check_failure (WIN10 x64) - Similar Threads - kernel_security_check_failure WIN10 x64

2. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE BSOD win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE BSOD win10: I've been getting this error code for a while and i'm not sure what it means. here's what i got from windbg preview KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139A kernel component has corrupted a critical data structure. The corruptioncould potentially allow a malicious user to gain...
  3. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE BSOD win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE BSOD win10: I've been getting this error code for a while and i'm not sure what it means. here's what i got from windbg preview KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139A kernel component has corrupted a critical data structure. The corruptioncould potentially allow a malicious user to gain...
  4. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE BSOD win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Intermittent kernel_security_check_failure when using Win10 WiFi hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intermittent kernel_security_check_failure when using Win10 WiFi hotspot: What it says in the Subject line. I get a BSOD every so often using my Samsung Galaxy S8 phone to connect to my Win10 desktop's WiFi hotspot. I've tried Win10's Memory Diagnostic, CHKDSK, and updating all relevant drivers. FWIW, this is a new desktop PC I put together last...
  6. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE: Good day! So I've been experiencing this blue screen a lot for quite some time now. It just reoccurs more often now, I can barely do anything productive with my laptop. I've tried the WhoCrashed software and it says the following: Crash dumps are enabled on your...
  7. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE: I was just minding my own business, with nothing open except File Explorer, a Wikipedia page and a YouTube video (both in Chrome), when all of a sudden my computer blue-screens with the following code: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE. I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64 version...
  8. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE: Can't seems to figure this one out, the BSOD seemed to disappear for two weeks and now it's back. No particular cause, wether the PC is under load or idle. Crashes to Blue screen saying KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE and reboots. Specs, System and Minidump files -...
  9. Kernel_security_check_failure

Kernel_security_check_failure: Nineteen days of BSODS with the this warning. Started with a cumulative update. Have not gotten a solution, yet. Windows 10 (64), with all the latest (updated) programs, versions, and drivers, and I ran every conceivable scan to detect issues, without finding a clue to...
  10. Win10 x64 hanging

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 x64 hanging: Hi My Win10 x64 randomly hangs for about 5 min and then comes back. *Sad Anyone with the same behaviour? how can i know if it's HDD related? thanks Edit: found a Windows error report at + or - the same time of last hang and here it is, related files are not in given...