Windows 10: KERNELBASE.dll and .Net Blocking opening of an Application

Discus and support KERNELBASE.dll and .Net Blocking opening of an Application in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm having trouble opening an application (payroll tax) which worked fine for their 2018 version and won't open for 2019 on my computer. I asked the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by John2938, Apr 26, 2019.

1. John2938 Win User

KERNELBASE.dll and .Net Blocking opening of an Application

I'm having trouble opening an application (payroll tax) which worked fine for their 2018 version and won't open for 2019 on my computer. I asked the software developer what is the difference between the two versions and they said just a small change in which .net version it uses.

I've run the even viewer and here are the logs (there are 2 logs):

Log 1 (Application Error)

Faulting application name: DrakeAccounting2019.exe, version: 2.13.2.0, time stamp: 0x5cc235d1

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.17763.404, time stamp: 0x2528b630

Exception code: 0xe0434352

Fault offset: 0x0000000000039129

Faulting process id: 0xdd8

Faulting application start time: 0x01d4fc89cbaa0a8d

Faulting application path: C:\DrakeAccounting2019\DrakeAccounting2019.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll

Report Id: 2c6abd89-fd00-416f-9fba-bef137cb0367

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Log 2 (.NET Runtime)

Application: DrakeAccounting2019.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.ArgumentException

at System.Data.Common.DbProviderFactories.GetFactory(System.String)

at System.Data.Entity.Infrastructure.DependencyResolution.DefaultProviderFactoryResolver.GetService(System.Type, System.Object, System.Func`3<System.ArgumentException,System.String,System.Object>)

Exception Info: System.ArgumentException

at DrakeAccounting.ORM.ExtensionsEF.HandleShareViolation[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]](System.Data.Entity.Infrastructure.DbQuery`1<System.__Canon>)

at DrakeAccounting.Program.Main()

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    I've tried everything including removing/reinstalling the .Net Framework, SFC Scannow (no problems), run a .dll fixer (it says its fixed), registry cleaners, uninstalling all versions of .net 4.0 and below, and nothing works.

I used a service to migrate my profile from Windows 7 (another machine) to this machine (Windows 10) and it copied over some settings and files from the old Windows 7 machine.

Any/all help is advised.

:)

John2938, Apr 26, 2019
  2. johnhotzl Win User

Errors: flash dll, breakpoint 80000003/ kernelbase dll after installing Windows 10

i installed window 10 a while ago & my incredimail stoped working 9error report; flash dll

breakpoint 80000003/ kernelbase dll

maybe it has something to do with updates\

looking forward hearing from you

thanks john

Original title: hotzl

johnhotzl, Apr 26, 2019
  3. Microsoft .NET Framework, Unhandled exception

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to un-check and recheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series from Windows features.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run command.
    • Type Appwiz.cpl and select "turn Windows feature on or off" from the left
    • Uncheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer
    • Repeat step 1 and 2 and check .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer.
    Regards,

Waseemulla S, Apr 26, 2019
  4. KERNELBASE.dll and .Net Blocking opening of an Application

DLL Missing

The problem is, that the required DLL is not actually even listed there.
    There are just dozens of download adware links from the top to the bottom.

TairikuOkami, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

KERNELBASE.dll and .Net Blocking opening of an Application

1. KERNELBASE.dll and .Net Blocking opening of an Application - Similar Threads - KERNELBASE dll Net

2. Net framework error when opening specific application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Net framework error when opening specific application: Hello,im trying to open some application for my work and its not letting me. i enter event viewer and i get 2 errorsone error is net runtime 1026:Application: AgentDesktopHybrid.exeFramework Version: v4.0.30319Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled...
  3. Net framework error when opening specific application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Net framework error when opening specific application: Hello,im trying to open some application for my work and its not letting me. i enter event viewer and i get 2 errorsone error is net runtime 1026:Application: AgentDesktopHybrid.exeFramework Version: v4.0.30319Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled...
  4. kernelbase problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    kernelbase problem: I have a problem with kernelbase I download a new version from the internet but I can not overwrite it I work with windows 8.1 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kernelbase-problem/288d64ab-b001-4820-a20c-5f55d93033e7
  5. kernelbase problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    kernelbase problem: I have a problem with kernelbase I download a new version from the internet but I can not overwrite it I work with windows 8.1 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kernelbase-problem/288d64ab-b001-4820-a20c-5f55d93033e7
  6. You are attempting to open a file of type Application extension .dll

in Windows 10 Customization
    You are attempting to open a file of type Application extension .dll: Each time I log on to my PC a message pops up that says "You are attempting to open a file of type Application extension .dll". It then asks me to choose a program to launch the file, but then doesn't attempt to open anything, and only opens "Settings" saying one of my...
  7. .NET applications crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    .NET applications crashing: I have this weird problem that almost every .NET application crashes, including .NET Core 3.0. (2.2 runs fine) Noticed this first with Visual Studio Installer and Visual Studio. ServiceHub is almost constantly crashing. Several error logs are being reported in the event...
  8. Block a DLL with Applocker

in Windows 10 Customization
    Block a DLL with Applocker: Hi all, On my organization we want to implement Applocker to block unauthorized DLLs. So far, I've created a very simple test, I've created an exe file that loads a function stored on a DLL. I created the program using visual studio and C#. [ATTACH] I followed the...
  9. application blocked

application blocked: Why did I just get a bunch of notifications saying ApplicationMicrosoftEdgeC has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/application-blocked/42e7f864-40d8-4295-bdad-b3380184b880
  10. applications blocked

applications blocked: applications blocked from graphic hardware. Can Microsoft help me to solve ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/applications-blocked/28b4b5cd-93e8-4543-939e-a44cf3c6352b

Users found this page by searching for:

1. faulting application name: softphone.exe version: 12.1.0.14014 time stamp: 0x598862b2faulting module name: kernelbase.dll version: 10.0.18362.387 time stamp: 0xed103e51

2. c# application failing on kernelbase.dll

3. Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll version: 10.0.18362.719 media player

4. error kernelbase.dll.net,
  5. .net applications crashing kernelbase.dll,
  6. c# application faulting module name: kernelbase.dll,
  7. System.ArgumentException KERNELBASE.dll,
  8. 0x0000000000039129,
  9. .application not opening in .net