Windows 10: Kex --win -s on wsl2 in windows 11 not working. I followed the instructions from Microsoft...

Discus and support Kex --win -s on wsl2 in windows 11 not working. I followed the instructions from Microsoft... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I followed all the instructions from Microsoft docs on how to install kali linux wsl2 on windows 11. Everything worked smooth, the instructions on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SaveTheFuture, Mar 20, 2023.

1. Kex --win -s on wsl2 in windows 11 not working. I followed the instructions from Microsoft...

I followed all the instructions from Microsoft docs on how to install kali linux wsl2 on windows 11. Everything worked smooth, the instructions on installing kex are clear and straightforward, but launching Kali Linux GUI using command: kex --win -s always giving an error: Error connecting to the kex server.Please try "kex start" to start the service.If the server fails to start, please try "kex kill" or restart your wsl2 session and try again. I tried the above steps to no avail. Please help.

:)

SaveTheFuture, Mar 20, 2023
  2. Flaviu2 Win User

WSL2 for windows

I have failed into installing WSL for Windows. I have read here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win.../install-win10 how to do it, and at step 4:

1. Download the latest package:
      [COLOR=var(--text)][COLOR=var(--info-dark)] Note[/COLOR]
      If you're using an ARM64 machine, please download the ARM64 package instead. If you're not sure what kind of machine you have, open Command Prompt or PowerShell and enter: systeminfo | find "System Type".
      [/COLOR]
    2. Run the update package downloaded in the previous step. (Double-click to run - you will be prompted for elevated permissions, select ‘yes’ to approve this installation.)

I encountered:

Kex --win -s on wsl2 in windows 11 not working. I followed the instructions from Microsoft... 298438d1600682026t-wsl2-windows-image.png

and

Kex --win -s on wsl2 in windows 11 not working. I followed the instructions from Microsoft... 298439d1600682036t-wsl2-windows-image.png

What I did wrong ? I have the following W10 version:

Kex --win -s on wsl2 in windows 11 not working. I followed the instructions from Microsoft... 298440d1600682100t-wsl2-windows-image.png

Another question: am I in the the right forum ?

Flaviu2, Mar 20, 2023
  3. None of the Microsoft apps are working Windows 10 Build 10240

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

If you have store issues kindly check the Time Zone settings and the system locale and the Time set.

We would suggest you to try the steps mentioned in the link

• Type troubleshooting in the search box
      and hit Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane and select Windows store apps.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and check.
    If the steps don't work try these steps:

Try to reset the Windows store and check.

• Press Win + R on the keyboard to open run Window.
    • Type wsreset.exe to reset the Windows store cache.
    Hope this information helps.

Ravinath P, Mar 20, 2023
  4. Brink Win User

Kex --win -s on wsl2 in windows 11 not working. I followed the instructions from Microsoft...

WSL2 will be generally available in Windows 10 version 2004

Source: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/comma...-version-2004/

Brink, Mar 20, 2023
Thema:

Kex --win -s on wsl2 in windows 11 not working. I followed the instructions from Microsoft...

1. Kex --win -s on wsl2 in windows 11 not working. I followed the instructions from Microsoft... - Similar Threads - Kex wsl2 working

2. Followed Microsoft instruction, now I can’t get in to computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Followed Microsoft instruction, now I can’t get in to computer.: I had restarted my computer as directed to do so in safe mode, and now Microsoft is not letting me enter my pin number to get back into my computer. I’ve already tried the instructions on the Microsoft chat page thing, and it did not work. I already did the process of the...
  3. Followed Microsoft instruction, now I can’t get in to computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Followed Microsoft instruction, now I can’t get in to computer.: I had restarted my computer as directed to do so in safe mode, and now Microsoft is not letting me enter my pin number to get back into my computer. I’ve already tried the instructions on the Microsoft chat page thing, and it did not work. I already did the process of the...
  4. Followed Microsoft instruction, now I can’t get in to computer.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Win-Kex Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win-Kex Error: Hello, i have error pls help me.Error connecting to the Win-KeX server Win Please try "/usr/bin/kex start" to start the service If the server fails to start, please try "/usr/bin/kex kill" or restart your WSL 2 session and try againi tried:/usr/bin/kex start/usr/bin/kex...
  6. Win-Kex Error

Win-Kex Error: Hello, i have error pls help me.Error connecting to the Win-KeX server Win Please try "/usr/bin/kex start" to start the service If the server fails to start, please try "/usr/bin/kex kill" or restart your WSL 2 session and try againi tried:/usr/bin/kex start/usr/bin/kex...
  7. Kex --win -s on wsl2 in windows 11 not working. I followed the instructions from Microsoft...

Kex --win -s on wsl2 in windows 11 not working. I followed the instructions from Microsoft...: I followed all the instructions from Microsoft docs on how to install kali linux wsl2 on windows 11. Everything worked smooth, the instructions on installing kex are clear and straightforward, but launching Kali Linux GUI using command: kex --win -s always giving an error:...
  8. Win + Shift + S is not working on Windows 11

Win + Shift + S is not working on Windows 11: not working now in june of 2022 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-shift-s-is-not-working-on-windows-11/d6d27d83-15e0-4f4f-8eb1-54396518d0ec
  9. Not able to remove S mode from my computer. Followed instructions with no luck

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not able to remove S mode from my computer. Followed instructions with no luck: Not able to remove S mode from my computer. Followed instructions with no luck. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-remove-s-mode-from-my-computer/8ef6a9ec-3a98-4be9-aa2b-b306aa7f4497
  10. NO SCREEN TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS!!!!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NO SCREEN TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS!!!!!!!!!!: I had purchased an Espon 2700 All In One printer. There's a WiFi Direct option. When I try to connect said printer to my computer through the WiFi Direct, Windows 10 tells me to follow the instructions on the printer. ONE MAJOR STUPID PROBLEM!!!!!!! There's NO SCREEN on my...