Windows 10: Key @ and # does not work from number 2 and 3

Discus and support Key @ and # does not work from number 2 and 3 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought microsoft surface laptop yesterday and found @ and # not working from display buttons. is this a manufacture fault.If so i should exchange it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by barshaneupane, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Key @ and # does not work from number 2 and 3

I bought microsoft surface laptop yesterday and found @ and # not working from display buttons.

is this a manufacture fault.If so i should exchange it as soon as possible. I am from Australia and i select my region as australia as well.

but did not work.

:)

barshaneupane, Jun 13, 2020

2. number keys not working in keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the keyboard does not function as you expected. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise due to driver conflicts or changes in the settings.

I suggest you to try the same keyboard with a different computer and make sure that the keyboard is working fine with other computers. I would also suggest you to check whether you are able to access the same keys using the On Screen keyboard provided
    in Windows 10. Please check whether the Number lock indicator is working properly.

As a basic troubleshooting step, I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Hardware and Devices.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to press the
    Windows key + space to change the layout and check if it selected as US English.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Surface Pro 3 Windows key not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing us back.

Are you using docking station?

I would suggest you to go through the below steps:

Steps: Try to run the Hardware and device troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key+X.

• Click on Control Panel.

• Click on Troubleshooting.

• On the left pane, click on view all.

• From the list, double click on hardware and devices and run the troubleshooter and check what it shows.

Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Shubham Chaubey, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Fernandz Win User

Key @ and # does not work from number 2 and 3

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Key @ and # does not work from number 2 and 3

1. Key @ and # does not work from number 2 and 3 - Similar Threads - Key does number

2. Number keys "2" "5" rapidly spit out random numbers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Number keys "2" "5" rapidly spit out random numbers: When I press the number keys "2" "5" I'm using the NumPad for that oneIt spits out random numbers like here's an example of when I press two. It goes." 6455353254 "What about five you ask?" 5245524553 "Strange right? I've tried to go to Settings but that didn't work though. I...
  3. E, number 3, F1 -> F4 key don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    E, number 3, F1 -> F4 key don't work: When I press E or number 3 or F1, F2, F3, F4 key on my physical keyboard it doesn't show up, so I have to use on-screen keyboard to type and it is really annoying. I have tried reinstall keyboard driver and restart multiple times but none of them work! Pls help me fix the...
  4. E, number 3, F1 -> F4 key don't work

E, number 3, F1 -> F4 key don't work: When I press E or number 3 or F1, F2, F3, F4 key on my physical keyboard it doesn't show up, so I have to use on-screen keyboard to type and it is really annoying. I have tried reinstall keyboard driver and restart multiple times but none of them work! Pls help me fix the...
  5. Number keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Number keys not working: I have a sumsung laptop and everything was working fine yesterday. Today, certain number keys and the caps lock are disabled. I have checked the drives and settings and everything seems correct....
  6. Number keys not working

Number keys not working: I have a sumsung laptop and everything was working fine yesterday. Today, certain number keys and the caps lock are disabled. I have checked the drives and settings and everything seems correct....
  7. the numbers in the key bord does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the numbers in the key bord does not work: the numbers in the key board does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-numbers-in-the-key-bord-does-not-work/6b30329f-7869-433b-8bf0-b3d0bfbdb009
  8. the numbers in the key bord does not work

the numbers in the key bord does not work: the numbers in the key board does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-numbers-in-the-key-bord-does-not-work/6b30329f-7869-433b-8bf0-b3d0bfbdb009
  9. the numbers in the key bord does not work

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Number keys on keyboard are not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Number keys on keyboard are not working.: All the number keys my laptop keyboard stopped working except for the 5 and 6 keys. I can not find a solution to this problem. Can someone please help me?...