Windows 10: Key bindings in MS Mouse and Keyboard Center not working when Steam is active

Discus and support Key bindings in MS Mouse and Keyboard Center not working when Steam is active in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I'm using a Microsoft Media Keyboard 3000 that has key shortcuts and I have installed the latest version 11.1 of the Mouse and Keyboard Center... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnnyGui, Dec 11, 2018.

1. JohnnyGui Win User

Key bindings in MS Mouse and Keyboard Center not working when Steam is active

Hello,

I'm using a Microsoft Media Keyboard 3000 that has key shortcuts and I have installed the latest version 11.1 of the Mouse and Keyboard Center for it. However, when I have the software Steam as the active window on my screen, the Calculator and E-mail shortcut keys on my keyboard don't work. All the other shortcuts do work atlhough they open the corresponding bindings in the background behind Steam.

I have tried the following:

- Reconnecting the keyboard and reinstalling the Mouse and Keyboard Center

- Doing an sfc/ scannow; did not give any problems

- Rebooting the PC

- Logging in as a new user on my PC

Is this a reproducible bug that perhaps can be fixed?

:)

JohnnyGui, Dec 11, 2018
  2. Zagadka Win User

Mouse & Keyboard Center binding not working

Using Digital Media Pro keyboard and MS's Mouse & Keyboard Center on Win10 Pro

For the most part, it works, but when running games or other similar apps (possibly DX?), the binds no longer work, especially the music controls.

Zagadka, Dec 12, 2018
  3. Fes_N Win User
    Binding a Win 10 app to a key using Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center

I have a MS Sidewinder X4 Keyboard and for the life of me, and I have looked all over for a solution, I can't bind Windows Mail or anyother Win10 app to one of the keys on to my keyboard's left bank of keys in Windows 10.

You can't connect a shortcut to the keys through the Mouse and Keyboard Center and you can't access shell:AppsFolder through the Mouse and Keyboard Center.

Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

Fes_N, Dec 12, 2018
  4. Key bindings in MS Mouse and Keyboard Center not working when Steam is active

MS Mouse and Keyboard Center not working with Windows 10

Since updating to Windows 10 the MS Mouse & Keyboard Center doesn't show my Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 anymore and therefore I can't customize my Mouse settings. I know my Keyboard (MS Comfort Curve Keyboard 2000) and my Mouse are both on the
    compatibility list for the MS Mouse & Keyboard Center and they did work perfect in Windows 7. Is the MS Mouse and Keyboard Center compatible with Windows 10?

MikeTerrien, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

Key bindings in MS Mouse and Keyboard Center not working when Steam is active

1. Key bindings in MS Mouse and Keyboard Center not working when Steam is active - Similar Threads - Key bindings Mouse

2. Keyboard binding to random keys when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard binding to random keys when playing games: Whenever I play a game on steam or epic games store, the majority of my keys on my wired keyboard randomly stops working properly. It works for a bit in the beginning though. This issue only happens when I play a game. It works normally with browsers, Microsoft word, etc.I...
  3. Keyboard binding to random keys when playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard binding to random keys when playing games: Whenever I play a game on steam or epic games store, the majority of my keys on my wired keyboard randomly stops working properly. It works for a bit in the beginning though. This issue only happens when I play a game. It works normally with browsers, Microsoft word, etc.I...
  4. Keyboard binding to random keys when playing games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Keyboard macro only works when Mouse and Keyboard Center is open

Keyboard macro only works when Mouse and Keyboard Center is open: Hi all,I bought a Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard. When I set it up, I realized there is no Sleep button like on my old keyboard.So I assigned a macro to one of the new keyboard's favourites button to put the computer to sleep. The macro is basically WinKey+X U S.When the Mouse...
  6. Keyboard and Mouse Center

Keyboard and Mouse Center: Hi, I was playing a video game where F1 was a necessary hot key, but then all of a sudden pressing F1 made my computer go into power saving mode. I wanted to reassign F1 a different function using Keyboard and Mouse Center, but it says it doesn't detect any devices. I looked...
  7. Mouse and Keyboard center.

Mouse and Keyboard center.: Im still having a problem with the M & KB center. WHY IS THIS HAPPENING. im on a dell inspiron 15 3593. Please help.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-and-keyboard-center/c20586b2-6654-45da-9d71-f7cb17816d02
  8. Mouse and Keyboard Center

Mouse and Keyboard Center: I can’t configure the keyboard in this app because the mouse is the only visible thing there. However, there is no settings for keyboard. My PC is running Windows 10, 1909....
  9. Microsoft Keyboard assigned Keys in Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center not working on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Keyboard assigned Keys in Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center not working on...: I've mapped the Browser Back button to: Copy Ctrl+C, and theBrowser Forward Button to: Paste Ctrl-V in the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center for a Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000. This a great use of those two buttons as I never use them for the default purpose, but when...
  10. Replacing intellitype in MS Mouse and Keyboard Center

Replacing intellitype in MS Mouse and Keyboard Center: Hello: I need MS Mouse and Keyboard Center for my new Precision Mouse (only way I could "install" in). But I need Intellitype 7 (not 8) for my old Natural Multimedia Keyboard 1.0A (grey, so I can see the keys :-). Thus, my questions is, how do I remove Intellitype 8...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. key bindings in ms mouse and keyboard center