Windows 10: Key board being triggered to highlight and erase text

Discus and support Key board being triggered to highlight and erase text in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an HP Envy using Windows 10. Recently my number pad and backspace key have been malfunctioning at will. They will start a manual highlighting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by StaceyAQ, Jul 19, 2020.

1. StaceyAQ Win User

Key board being triggered to highlight and erase text

I have an HP Envy using Windows 10. Recently my number pad and backspace key have been malfunctioning at will. They will start a manual highlighting function.. The cursor jumps and begins highlighting the text. Any keyboard stroke or move of the mouse continues highlighting text. Any suggestions on why this is happening?t Also pressing the backspace key begins the same highlighting function and pressing it twice deletes a a line or more of text. this can aslo happen when composing an email. Please help.

:)

StaceyAQ, Jul 19, 2020
  2. Hellopaul Win User

Using the tab key to hop between text fields highlights all buttons

Hello,
    Whenever a dialog box pops up in Windows 10, if it contains text input fields and clickable buttons/radio buttons/checkboxes, pressing the tab key steps through every single item in the dialog box, which is very annoying and, to me, pointless. Do I recall that there might be a way to limit this behaviour so the tab key only highlights text input boxes, and not every single element? I can't find anything useful in Windows 10's Settings/Control Panel - am I missing something or is this not possible?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Hellopaul, Jul 20, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Arrow keys started highlighting text

You need to turn off NumLock to stop this behaviour . . .

Normal behavior for a keyboard is arrow keys move cursor on text, if the Shift key is pressed using arrow keys text is highlighted, the Numlock Key simulates the Shift key being pressed!

I Hope this Helps!

DaveM121, Jul 20, 2020
  4. Key board being triggered to highlight and erase text

Key board and automatic text suggestions Nokia Lumia 930

Thanks, but -

The country is Denmark (not only temporarily) and all my menus are in Danish, but the key board in Danish still "need actions" and it is not possible to activate the automatic text suggestions

Marianne

MarianneGindrup, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

Key board being triggered to highlight and erase text

1. Key board being triggered to highlight and erase text - Similar Threads - Key board being

2. W key highlights text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W key highlights text: Simple one I can’t find an awnser to when ever I press the W key on my keyboard instead of typing W it left clicks it doesn’t happen with any other key besides w and the only way to make it work normally is if I hold down the FN key is there a way to revert it?...
  3. W key highlights text

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    W key highlights text: Simple one I can’t find an awnser to when ever I press the W key on my keyboard instead of typing W it left clicks it doesn’t happen with any other key besides w and the only way to make it work normally is if I hold down the FN key is there a way to revert it?...
  4. W key highlights text

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. blue highlighting in text.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blue highlighting in text.: i'm now getting blue highlighting in search results. BUT i have tis extension on my laptop that says :Disable Google Search Text HighlightsThis minimalistic extension disables "Scroll to Text Fragment" feature in Google search resultsIf i enable it, it doesn't work. if i...
  6. Highlighting Text is Opaque

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Highlighting Text is Opaque: Hi,So recently I have been having an issue; whenever I'm highlighting anything on the desktop or in Windows Explorer, it turns an opaque yellow. It was my accent color but I changed it, and even then it is still yellow. When its restarted, the highlight color goes back to...
  7. highlighting text

in Windows 10 Customization
    highlighting text: i cannot highlight text. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/highlighting-text/4fb85490-8e25-4846-9b6e-63123bc04d65
  8. Highlighting text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Highlighting text: I want to highlight some text in an existing email so that I can copy it and reuse it. But the cursor has changed to a hand symbol - not the usual arrow - and it won't let me highlight. How can I restore it to the normal configuration?...
  9. CTRL Key being triggered without the physical key being pressed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CTRL Key being triggered without the physical key being pressed: Randomly my computer will act like my CTRL button is being held down and unless I press CTRL and ESC it doesnt FIX itself sometimes this doesn't work and I have to reboot. I have tried swapping keyboards and I have all the USELESS STICKY KEY functions disable for good reason....
  10. Can't highlight text

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't highlight text: Ever since a Windows 10 update a while back my mouse has not worked properly. I can't highlight text, or it highlights one word and jumps around. I've tried updating the driver and no luck. What is going on?!!...