Windows 10: key board change # for SHIFT3 instead of UK pound sign

Discus and support key board change # for SHIFT3 instead of UK pound sign in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; why has it suddenly become impossible to write a pound sign... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jfs ####, Dec 7, 2020.

1. jfs #### Win User

key board change # for SHIFT3 instead of UK pound sign

why has it suddenly become impossible to write a pound sign

:)

jfs ####, Dec 7, 2020

2. I cannot get the UK pound sign when I press the key I get # (shift+pound sign).

Original title: I cannot get the UK pound sign

Hi, I have converted to Windows 10 and I cannot get the UK pound sign when I press the key I get # (shift+pound sign). Also the 'at' symbol is switched I get " pressing (shift+@) and I have to press (shift+") to get @....

Now I have checked and I am using the UK English keyboard, been through all the settings and definitely using UK keyboard so I am stumped and any help would be appreciated. I can cope with the " and the @ switch but it is very awkward not being able to get
    the pound sign.

Using a Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse.

Regards

Andrew

Willyekerslike, Dec 7, 2020
  3. Help pound sign not working. Windows 10

Guys, with all the tec there is out there it should be possible to just have the $ sign on a US keyboard produce a pound sign instead. I have a US keyboard, live in England, don't want to change the rest of the keyboard as too much faff remembering where everything
    is, but want a pound sign when I press the currency key. Now please don't tell me I have to have an English keyboard to do that...

David Goodban, Dec 7, 2020
  4. key board change # for SHIFT3 instead of UK pound sign

I cannot get the UK pound sign when I press the key I get # (shift+pound sign).

I cannot get the UK pound sign on windows 10.

I have tried Keyboards:

ENG UK

ENG INTL

and of course the US version.

Crazy!!

how do I get a sign used by 65 million people and there on Windows 7 etc

I hate windows 10 (really), Dec 7, 2020
Thema:

key board change # for SHIFT3 instead of UK pound sign

1. key board change # for SHIFT3 instead of UK pound sign - Similar Threads - key board change

2. Keyboard layout issue. The " and @ are on the wrong keys and I have no pound sign.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard layout issue. The " and @ are on the wrong keys and I have no pound sign.: The " and @ are on the wrong keys and I have no pound sign. Where there is a pound sign on my keyboard above the number 3, it'll input a #.I've tried messing around with the settings under Language and Region, but nothing seems to work. What's weirder is that I only started...
  3. Keyboard layout issue. The " and @ are on the wrong keys and I have no pound sign.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard layout issue. The " and @ are on the wrong keys and I have no pound sign.: The " and @ are on the wrong keys and I have no pound sign. Where there is a pound sign on my keyboard above the number 3, it'll input a #.I've tried messing around with the settings under Language and Region, but nothing seems to work. What's weirder is that I only started...
  4. Can't get UK pound symbol on MX Keys keyboard Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get UK pound symbol on MX Keys keyboard Windows 10: I can't get the UK pound symbol £ on my Logitech MX Keys keyboard on Windows 10. If I press Shift-3 I get # I'm running Windows 10 2H22.In Windows settings:- Country or Region is set to: UK- Regional format is set to: English United Kingdom.How can I get the UK pound sign...
  5. Can't get UK pound symbol on MX Keys keyboard Windows 10

Can't get UK pound symbol on MX Keys keyboard Windows 10: I can't get the UK pound symbol £ on my Logitech MX Keys keyboard on Windows 10. If I press Shift-3 I get # I'm running Windows 10 2H22.In Windows settings:- Country or Region is set to: UK- Regional format is set to: English United Kingdom.How can I get the UK pound sign...
  6. Can't get UK pound symbol on MX Keys keyboard Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Pounds sterling key now #

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pounds sterling key now #: After an update everything disappeared - desktop, wallpaper, the lot as well as the pounds sterling key becoming the #. After several phone calls with Microsoft, Windows 10 was reinstalled. However, while documents, etc are back the pounds sterling key remains the #. What, if...
  8. Pounds sterling key now #

Pounds sterling key now #: After an update everything disappeared - desktop, wallpaper, the lot as well as the pounds sterling key becoming the #. After several phone calls with Microsoft, Windows 10 was reinstalled. However, while documents, etc are back the pounds sterling key remains the #. What, if...
  9. English pound key

English pound key: My American laptop used in the uk has a dollar key which remains as dollar even after changing language to UK English Is it possible to amend this to an English pound symbol does anyone know please?...
  10. Pound sign

Pound sign: I have lost my pound sign for some reason? I now get # instead. Help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/pound-sign/7038fca8-8702-492f-a7d3-61d19121531e