Windows 10: Key Chord not being passed to VSIX

Discus and support Key Chord not being passed to VSIX in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have a VSIX extension for Visual Studio 2017 (Community edition) that uses a set of bound key chords to activate the functions within it. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by wally96333, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Key Chord not being passed to VSIX

Hi,

I have a VSIX extension for Visual Studio 2017 (Community edition) that uses a set of bound key chords to activate the functions within it. I am running that on Windows 10 Pro, 1909, 64-bit.

A few days ago, for whatever reason, one of the key chords that I have bound to a function in my VSIX extension is not getting passed through. The function is bound to the chord SHIFT+ALT+CONTROL+D. I went to OPTIONS > PRESS SHORTCUT KEYS, and it did not react to the key chord when I pressed it (it did not show the function that is bound to it).

I have a WinForms app that reads the keys pressed on a textbox, via KeyEventArgs, and displays the status of the keyboard (whether or not control, alt, and/or shift is held down), along with the scan code for the key pressed. This is a link to the app:

Keyboard_Scan_Codes_01 - Google Drive

It does not react. It does not give the code for SHIFT+ALT+CONTROL+D on my development system. I ran the app on a few of my other systems (all running Windows 10), and the chord does, indeed, trigger the proper reaction on those other systems by my WinForms app, and all is well on them. That being the case, I am assuming that the problem is not actually with Visual Studio 2017 itself, but something within Windows 10 - perhaps intercepting that particular key chord.

I have this issue posted to the Visual Studio forum. So far, I've not had any suggestions. I'm thinking that I am just as likely to get assistance in this forum as I would there.

How would I determine why that particular key chord is not being sent to my VSIX (or my app)?

My development system is running Windows 10 Pro, version 1909, build 18363.900, 64-bit.

Any assistance with this would be appreciated.

Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit build 1909

CPU
    AMD Phenom II X4 965
    Deneb 45nm Technology

RAM
    8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 530MHz (8-8-8-20)

Motherboard
    ASUSTeK Computer INC. M4A89GTD-PRO/USB3 (AM3)

Graphics
    Generic Non-PnP Monitor ([email protected])
    368MB ATI Radeon HD 4290 (ASUStek Computer Inc)

Storage
    931GB TOSHIBA HDWD110 ATA Device (SATA)

THANKS!

:)

wally96333, Jul 12, 2020

2. Unable to access HP Simple Pass to Sign-in to the computer on Windows 10

Hi Jerome,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing HP simple pass after upgrading to Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you installed HP simple pass software on your computer?

Try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to download the latest HP Simple Pass software from the manufacturer's website install it and check if it helps.

Step 2: If you have already installed the software, I suggest you to re-install it and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to Access Recovery Manager:

• Press Start button from the keyboard, type Recover Manager.
    • Select Recovery Manager from the list when it becomes available. Allow the action to continue, if prompted. The
      HP Recovery Manager opens.
    • Click Software program re-installation, Next , select
      HP SimplePass for the listing and then follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall application

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 12, 2020
  3. Garry48 Win User
    Bluetooth Keyboard: Lost Pass Key loop

I'm stuck in a continuous loop between the bluetooth keyboard and my HP Stream 8 tablet. I'm running Windows 10 Home version 1511.

When I went to pair, the window pass key was provided, I did not write it down, now stuck in the loop of asking for it. How do I delete or by-pass this?

The keyboard is not listed in devices and printers tab.

I tried:

• Using 0000 and 0001 as pass keys
    • I checked the microsoft bluetooth emumerator (MBE) and LE enumerator in devices for updates.
      • The MBE indicates the device is working properly.
    • I've uninstalled both drivers. Then went to add keyboard: new drivers were installed, but went back into the loop asking for pass key. The following is the event sequence and information for the latest install.
      • Device install requested: Device BTH\MS_BTHBRB\5&2600b755&0&1 required further installation.
      • Driver service added (BthEnum): Driver Management has concluded the process to add Service BthEnum for Device Instance ID.... with the following status: 0
      • Device installed (bth.inf): Driver Management concluded the process to install driver bth.inf_X86_4501ba03a44b9d1f\bth.inf for Device Instance ID BTH.... with the following status 0x0
    The keyboard is working, when I go to pair and push connect button on keyboard, the name changes to the keyboard name.

How do I get past the loop?

Thank You.

Garry48, Jul 12, 2020
  4. Key Chord not being passed to VSIX

pass key

Hi Sam,

We would like to know more about your concern. Kindly verify which pass key are you referring to. Is it the Windows 10 password/Pin, the product key, or the pass key for your hard drive?

We would appreciate if you could provide us a screenshot of the window where it is asking you to input the pass key.

We look forward to your response.

Monica Cam, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

Key Chord not being passed to VSIX

1. Key Chord not being passed to VSIX - Similar Threads - Key Chord being

2. Is the fingerprint and hell by pass being fixed right now

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is the fingerprint and hell by pass being fixed right now: HI I was just wanting to now something I recently read an article through Bing that Microsoft Intelligent reseachers were able to bypass fingerprint reader. It said that these fingerprint sensors were pretty well on new laptops and thatwith these vunerabillities that a hacker...
  3. What is going on with VSIX Addons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is going on with VSIX Addons?: Lots and lots of ground to cover before the thread title is covered. Not sure where to start anymore. This post has been building up for months, since I first installed VS 2022 Community Edition. I previously thought I posted to an MSDN subset for VS2022 but that turned out...
  4. What is going on with VSIX Addons?

What is going on with VSIX Addons?: Lots and lots of ground to cover before the thread title is covered. Not sure where to start anymore. This post has been building up for months, since I first installed VS 2022 Community Edition. I previously thought I posted to an MSDN subset for VS2022 but that turned out...
  5. How Does One Run ResXManager? (.vsix)

How Does One Run ResXManager? (.vsix): I tried .zip, but I see no "installer" file. How do I get it running? Direct link to the program: https://github.com/dotnet/ResXResourceManager/releases (at a loss here...)
  6. Monitor not showing up with HDMI chord

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor not showing up with HDMI chord: Hi,I am having a weird issue. For the first two days I used my brand new computer, both my wireless mouse With USB dongle and the external monitor worked. Then I woke it up from sleep this morning and the wireless mouse failed to work. I restarted it and updated the computer,...
  7. Monitor not showing up with HDMI chord

Monitor not showing up with HDMI chord: Hi,I am having a weird issue. For the first two days I used my brand new computer, both my wireless mouse With USB dongle and the external monitor worked. Then I woke it up from sleep this morning and the wireless mouse failed to work. I restarted it and updated the computer,...
  8. Monitor not showing up with HDMI chord

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Keys being weird

Keys being weird: Hello My caps lock button is acting strangely. Every time I tap it, it turns on caps lock but also types q. For example, if I quickly tap the caps button only, it shows 'qQqQqQqQq'. I live in Australia and am using a new MSI GK30 keyboard. Any help is appreciated....
  10. I need my pass key

I need my pass key: I need my pass key from micrsoft. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-my-pass-key/3df40090-4460-45d8-bfcf-fb0c51acbbfe