Windows 10: key code for Windows update

Discus and support key code for Windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The Oct 23 windows update removed all my personal data. I have tried EVERYTHING to get it back. I cannot uninstall the updates without using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kitty7788, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Kitty7788 Win User

key code for Windows update

The Oct 23 windows update removed all my personal data. I have tried EVERYTHING to get it back. I cannot uninstall the updates without using the Uninstall Troubleshooter, but I need the key code msi from registry file because the update is not in the list of programs to uninstall. I already tried using the command prompt to uninstall windows update -- that failed also. Please help?

Also, back in August, I spoke to Microsoft tech support on the phone RE: Internet interruption/disconnect that I knew was caused by MS update. He claimed it was my IP setting. It wasn't. Now when I call that phone number, there is no option to talk to tech support. Microsoft needs to take responsibility for the cost of damages from lost data caused by their updates. I do not have $250-$400 for data recovery services. I don't even have $25 to spare for this. How is it ethical for a company to create a product or service that damages their own product and their customers are left with a damaged product?

:)

Kitty7788, Nov 21, 2020
  2. linhlz Win User

Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

Possibly there can be the problem with Microsoft activation Server, so your Windows 10 is not activated. In this scenario, you need to wait and verify if it is the issue from Microsoft’s side. But if you are getting error code 0x803f7001, you can also try these steps:

1. Open Settings app. Then go to Update and security > Activation screen > Change product.
    2. Type your Windows edition product key and click Next.
    3. You’ll get We couldn’t activate Windows error message.
    4. Retry steps 1-3 then type your 25-characters unique product key.
    5. Wait for the process to complete, Windows 10 is activated.
    Hope something helps this problem

linhlz, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Duyenhip Win User
    Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

thanks
    I activated my Windows 10 from product key Windows 7

Duyenhip, Nov 21, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond key code for Windows update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

1. key code for Windows update - Similar Threads - key code update

2. REDEEMING A KEY CODE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    REDEEMING A KEY CODE: Hi All. Purchased a key for Flight Simulator 2020 through G2A. When I tried to activate it ite said "code already redeemed". I only have one Microsoft account so there cannot have been a mix-up between accounts. Although I am a pensioner I am pretty ok around computers but...
  3. REDEEMING A KEY CODE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    REDEEMING A KEY CODE: Hi All. Purchased a key for Flight Simulator 2020 through G2A. When I tried to activate it ite said "code already redeemed". I only have one Microsoft account so there cannot have been a mix-up between accounts. Although I am a pensioner I am pretty ok around computers but...
  4. Windows key code

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows key code: I purchased an open box laptop from best buy in May i am trying to update windows 10 and it is asking for my key code how do i get the key code? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-key-code/7699da94-ec78-46ea-8c2d-dd07c93bf342
  5. Key code

Key code: How do I find a ky code for Microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/key-code/cb009b1f-14ee-4a07-9be5-451f42fc15ae
  6. product key code

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    product key code: I purchased 2 computers and would like to put word on them, I purchased microsoft office a few years ago and have misplaced where i put the code can you please resend? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-code/8f232888-72c9-4332-b1d1-a10329f2275f
  7. Key/code??

Key/code??: I have used my Microsoft works for years when my computers got old etc (3 or 4 times?maybe 5) and I purchased a new one my "Works" was always transferred. Again I bought a new computer and Best Buy said unless I have the Key? or the code?? they cannot transfer it. At the...
  8. Code key

Code key: I purchased windows 10 from Springerville electronics about 1 week ago. They charged me for the program but never gave me a key# or marked it on my lap top. I think they ripped me off. Any suggestions?...
  9. key code

key code: I got an update and now I get error code 0xc004f050. My key code is missing. please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/key-code/eae51b23-c7e1-4329-b49a-3a221d915bcf"
  10. key code help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    key code help: bout to upgrade my PC mobo, CPU, RAM and SSD's. lost my disc and now I need to reinstall this copy of Windows 10 on the new system. How can I find out my KEY code to use on the upgraded PC?...