Windows 10: Key combination for blank desktop?

Discus and support Key combination for blank desktop? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; While gaming, i pressed several keys at once, probably including Shift, Ctrl and Alt, maybe the Windows-Key. And suddendly, all my windows were gone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/schnitz_lauch68, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Key combination for blank desktop?

While gaming, i pressed several keys at once, probably including Shift, Ctrl and Alt, maybe the Windows-Key. And suddendly, all my windows were gone and i had a blank desktop. I could not even open them over the taskbar. After a friend called me over discord, i could click on the icon in the taskbar, which brought me back to my desktop with all my opened windows. This happened to me 3 times now, does anyone of you know how to avoid that? Thank you!

submitted by /u/schnitz_lauch68
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/schnitz_lauch68, Mar 31, 2020
  2. Mark Isi Win User

Key combinations not working

Thanks for following up. In here, you can find the list of all the keyboard shortcuts in Windows 10. Check it out and
    see which key combinations are still working on Windows 10, and which are not.

We also tested on our end and only the Alt + F and Alt + P are working fine, and this is on a PC that is on the Fall Creators Update. May we suggest that you update your operating system to 1709 and see if the key combinations will work.

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Blank and Flashing Desktop

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing some issues regarding your computer desktop. Let me help you resolving the issue.

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.

Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest display drivers for your computer and install the same.

If issue still persists, I suggest you to Uninstall and reinstall the Display driver and check if it works for you.
    Refer to the steps below:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.

Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest display drivers for your computer and install the same.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Key combination for blank desktop?

Shift+4 key combination not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• Do the other combination with shift key are working?
    • Did you made any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to update your keyboard drivers and check if it helps.

Method 1: Update keyboard drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device manager.
    • Click on Keyboards.
    • Right-click on the Keyboards and click on
      Update driver software.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

Key combination for blank desktop?

1. Key combination for blank desktop? - Similar Threads - Key combination blank

2. Blank Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank Desktop: I turned on my surface laptop this morning and it prompted me to sign in to windows, even when the face recognition was working. I followed the instructions and when finished, I went back to my desktop and it was almost blank. Only had an icon of google earth, Chrome, Edge...
  3. Blank Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank Desktop: I turned on my surface laptop this morning and it prompted me to sign in to windows, even when the face recognition was working. I followed the instructions and when finished, I went back to my desktop and it was almost blank. Only had an icon of google earth, Chrome, Edge...
  4. Blank Desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. What key combination messes with the contrast on a desktop PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What key combination messes with the contrast on a desktop PC?: I was playing a game got mad hit the keyboard and suddenly everything is ridiculously contrasted. I can find absolutely no help on the internet and there is no way to contact an actual person, as i've been trying for 2 days now. Someone help please. I finally got to where i...
  6. What key combination messes with the contrast on a desktop PC?

What key combination messes with the contrast on a desktop PC?: I was playing a game got mad hit the keyboard and suddenly everything is ridiculously contrasted. I can find absolutely no help on the internet and there is no way to contact an actual person, as i've been trying for 2 days now. Someone help please. I finally got to where i...
  7. What key combination messes with the contrast on a desktop PC?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Key combinations confusion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Key combinations confusion: It's possible to assign actions to key combinations in all sorts of places Settings, PowerToys, individual applications, etc, but if I want to change something I can't always remember where I set a particular combination. Is there a central place I can list all the...
  9. Key combinations confusion

Key combinations confusion: It's possible to assign actions to key combinations in all sorts of places Settings, PowerToys, individual applications, etc, but if I want to change something I can't always remember where I set a particular combination. Is there a central place I can list all the...
  10. Mouse and key combinations

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse and key combinations: Right now I'm using my notebook with a mouse whose right button is not working. It doesn't go down when I press it. The touchpad is working OK, but I'm not comfortable with it. I like to use the mouse and the keyboard together to speed up things the most I can, and I'm very...