Windows 10: Key combinations works on OSK but not on physical keyboard

Discus and support Key combinations works on OSK but not on physical keyboard in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Good afternoon! I'm having a pretty weird problem, I usually use RIGHT SHIFT + 1 to make "!" but now I can't do it unless I use LEFT **** + 1, I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Thom Blue, Oct 26, 2021.

1. Thom Blue Win User

Key combinations works on OSK but not on physical keyboard

Good afternoon! I'm having a pretty weird problem, I usually use RIGHT SHIFT + 1 to make "!" but now I can't do it unless I use LEFT **** + 1, I have the same problem with CTRL + Z, for some reason I can't use them. I checked on a virtual keyboard and I totally can make this combinations and they work perfectly, but for some reason they don't on my keyboard. I already unplugged it and plugged in all the other ports and the problem keeps, I unnistalled the drivers of the keyboard lots of times, but nothing. I already made a clean start, checked the keyboard on another computer, excecuted sfc /

:)

Thom Blue, Oct 26, 2021
  2. Xeeeee Win User

Combination of CTRL, SHIFT, ARROW keys not repeating

Thank you for the suggestion but that does not resolve the issue i.e. the combination does not seem to work even when I am using the On Screen Keyboard.

The only change I made was to install an upgrade from Microsoft. Nothing else.

Any other suggestions??

Xeeeee, Oct 26, 2021
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Combination of CTRL, SHIFT, ARROW keys not repeating

Hi,

Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I appreciate you for trying some steps in order to get the issue fixed.

There are several different kinds of keyboards for PCs. The most common type is a physical, external keyboard that you plug into your PC. But, Windows has a built-in Ease of Access tool called the On-Screen Keyboard (OSK) that can be used instead of a physical
    keyboard to move around a PC's screen or enter text. You don’t need a touchscreen to use the OSK. It displays a visual keyboard with all the standard keys, so you can use your mouse or another pointing device to select keys, or use a physical single key or
    group of keys to cycle through the keys on the screen.

I would request you to use the on-screen keyboard and then check if the said combination works.

Use the On-Screen Keyboard (OSK) to type

Please revert if you face any issues with the key combination.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Oct 26, 2021
  4. Kahlon... Win User

Right Ctrl key doesn't work with "Canadian Multilingual Standard" keyboard.

Hi

Thanks for your response.

I don't have a numpad on my laptop and this doesn't seem to work. I don't have the "Scr Lk" and "Num Lk" keys either.

I've tried at least 32 different combinations including:

1. (as suggested) holding down "Alt" key while typing "jui" (for alt+145), "mj98" (for alt+0198) and several other combinations on notepad.

2. repeating this on Microsoft Excel 2019 and elsewhere.

3. enabling NumLock on OSK and repeating steps 1 and 2.

4. changing my keyboard to "US Keyboard" for English, and repeating steps 1 through 3.

5. holding down "Fn" and "Alt" keys simultaneously and repeating steps 1 through 4.

6. repeating steps 1 through 5 while typing exclusively on the OSK (instead of the physical one).

I got nothing or just the letters "jui" or "mj98".

I guess looking for a customized layout might be my only hope.

Kahlon..., Oct 26, 2021
Thema:

1. Key combinations works on OSK but not on physical keyboard - Similar Threads - Key combinations works

2. physical keyboard not working?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    physical keyboard not working?: hi, my name is audie. sometimes whenever i open up my laptop dell latitude windows 10 built in, my physical keyboard is disabled. i am not able to type anything in. when i login via touch screen touch screen, it asks if i want to enable tablet mode. i've clicked on yes, and...
  3. physical keyboard not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    physical keyboard not working?: hi, my name is audie. sometimes whenever i open up my laptop dell latitude windows 10 built in, my physical keyboard is disabled. i am not able to type anything in. when i login via touch screen touch screen, it asks if i want to enable tablet mode. i've clicked on yes, and...
  4. keyboard microsoft sculpt ergonomic keyboard key combinations not working

keyboard microsoft sculpt ergonomic keyboard key combinations not working: the keyboard is connected via a usb adapter, the main problem is that some keyboard shortcuts work and some don't, for example ctrl+w+a+space works correctly, and ctrl+w+d+space the D key is no longer pressed if you release the ctrl key D will already be pressed, but when you...
  5. Keyboard layout key combination is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard layout key combination is not working: I've installed the custom keyboard layout for the Ukrainian language - it has some additional symbols. Everything works perfectly except one combination - Alt+Ctrl+і in the Ukrainian layout in the English layout, it would be Alt+Ctrl+s. It returns nothing, but it should...
  6. Keyboard layout key combination is not working

Keyboard layout key combination is not working: I've installed the custom keyboard layout for the Ukrainian language - it has some additional symbols. Everything works perfectly except one combination - Alt+Ctrl+і in the Ukrainian layout in the English layout, it would be Alt+Ctrl+s. It returns nothing, but it should...
  7. Key combinations works on OSK but not on physical keyboard

Key combinations works on OSK but not on physical keyboard: Good afternoon! I'm having a pretty weird problem, I usually use RIGHT SHIFT + 1 to make "!" but now I can't do it unless I use LEFT **** + 1, I have the same problem with CTRL + Z, for some reason I can't use them. I checked on a virtual keyboard and I totally can make this...
  8. Key combinations works on OSK but not on physical keyboard

Key combinations works on OSK but not on physical keyboard: Good afternoon! I'm having a pretty weird problem, I usually use RIGHT SHIFT + 1 to make "!" but now I can't do it unless I use LEFT **** + 1, I have the same problem with CTRL + Z, for some reason I can't use them. I checked on a virtual keyboard and I totally can make this...
  9. Some Keyboard keys and combinations not working.

Some Keyboard keys and combinations not working.: Hello, Recently I have started facing this issue in my laptop. The Device Manager shows 2 HID Keyboard Devices and 1 HID Compliant mouse. I don't connect external usb keyboard or mouse frequently. But now, the issue is that, my Function keys F1-F12 are working individually....
  10. Keyboard keys combination not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard keys combination not working: Laptop Keyboard keys combination wasn't working, so I did reset. After reset, keyboard started working fine. But today some keys combination again stopped working. I tried driver reinstallation, but didn't work. Also tried keyboard replacement, still the same. Please help me....