Windows 10: Key for Pro or Home

Discus and support Key for Pro or Home in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; After using the reset procedure on a new drive, the product key will not work. Found out that my licence is for a Win 10 Home install, pc now has a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by pjvw1, May 10, 2019.

1. pjvw1 Win User

Key for Pro or Home

After using the reset procedure on a new drive, the product key will not work. Found out that my licence is for a Win 10 Home install, pc now has a Win 10 Pro image? How can I activate or go back to a Win 10 Home version?

:)

pjvw1, May 10, 2019

2. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 10, 2019
  3. Surface Pro 3 Windows key not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing us back.

Are you using docking station?

I would suggest you to go through the below steps:

Steps: Try to run the Hardware and device troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key+X.

• Click on Control Panel.

• Click on Troubleshooting.

• On the left pane, click on view all.

• From the list, double click on hardware and devices and run the troubleshooter and check what it shows.

Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Shubham Chaubey, May 10, 2019
  4. YOU
    You Win User

Key for Pro or Home

Advice required - Post Upgrade - Suspect Pro 2 is Bricked

Before try that, have tried resetting the UEFI options?

To reset the Surface Pro to the default UEFI settings, follow these steps:

• Press the Power button and the Volume Up button at same time while are starting the Surface Pro device.
    • Set Trusted Platform Module (TPM) to enabled.
    • Set Secure Boot Control to enabled.
    • Press Install Default Secure Boot keys.
    • Press Exit setup, and then save the changes.

Thema:

Key for Pro or Home

1. Key for Pro or Home - Similar Threads - Key Pro Home

2. Windows 10 Pro key recognized as a home key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro key recognized as a home key?: hi! I put in my key to activate windows and it says "we found a windows 10 home digital license for this device running on windows 10 pro. to activate using this digital license, you need to install windows 10 home" when its most definitely suppose to be windows pro.. I'm...
  3. Windows 10 Pro key recognized as a home key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro key recognized as a home key?: hi! I put in my key to activate windows and it says "we found a windows 10 home digital license for this device running on windows 10 pro. to activate using this digital license, you need to install windows 10 home" when its most definitely suppose to be windows pro.. I'm...
  4. Windows 10 Pro key recognized as a home key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Swap Home/Pro Keys

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Swap Home/Pro Keys: Hi All,Not knowing I had a Pro version of W10 on my gaming/workstation PC, I have a need to put Pro onto my home server running W10 Home. I'm specifically interested in using the windows Remote Desktop and Virtual Machines on my home server. I'm excitedly expanding some of my...
  6. Win7 home->Win10 home->Win10 Pro with retail key?

Win7 home->Win10 home->Win10 Pro with retail key?: I have a PC that started at Win7 home OEM. It was free upgraded to Win10 home. I purchased a win10 pro retail key. If I use the key, will I end up with a Win10 pro retail? There are benefits to having retail versions....
  7. Replace the Home OEM key with a Pro OEM key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Replace the Home OEM key with a Pro OEM key: Hi all, I ordered a new Ryzen 9 4900H laptop and it comes with Windows 10 Home. I am assuming this is OEM version of Windows and the product key is tied to the BIOS as per normal. I also have a spare Windows 10 Pro OEM key (not retail). If I wipe all partitions, and clean...
  8. Windows 10 Pro key is not activating as Pro, only Home

Windows 10 Pro key is not activating as Pro, only Home: I have two Windows 10 Pro keys. I have just reinstalled windows onto a clean freshly formatted drive. My original key that was linked to my account was only showing up as a Home install, even though it is a Pro licence. I switched the key to a new Pro key, and I am having the...
  9. Purchsed windows Home not Pro key

Purchsed windows Home not Pro key: Made a mistake and bought the wrong key type, I need a pro key not home. Can I exchange or return this key for the right one, or did i just waste 250 bucks? I think i already know the answer and just dont wanna accept it I suck thanks anyways...
  10. Home to Pro Key not working

Home to Pro Key not working: Hello! I have an Alienware and it comes with a Home license, now I bought a Pro key but Windows refuses to install as says there's a problem with the hardware, should I ask Dell support? 110709