Windows 10: Key Input Issue in Windows Apps

Discus and support Key Input Issue in Windows Apps in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Good afternoon everyone, first post here so I apologize if I miss some important info.. This afternoon I noticed that my "6" key would not input into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlexGuidry, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Key Input Issue in Windows Apps

Good afternoon everyone, first post here so I apologize if I miss some important info..

This afternoon I noticed that my "6" key would not input into my device on certain applications.

For example, in OneNote the "6" key doesn't input anything, including the "^" character. But in Chrome (I am typing this in Chrome) everything works fine.

I have also plugged in an external keyboard. Interestingly enough the keypad "6" worked, but the number row "6" did nothing.

I have updated my BIOS, restarted my computer, and nothing seems to be fixing the issue.

Please let me know if anyone has suggestions.

XPS 13

Windows 10 64bit

Thanks!

Alex G

:)

AlexGuidry, Jan 3, 2019
  2. Mohan B P Win User

Input language English, Keyboard German

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the issue with the Keyboard layout in Windows 10, let me assist you.

This issue might occur if the input method settings are not configured properly.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Control Panel from the menu.

• Click on Clock, Language, and Region option.

• Click on Language and click on
      Advanced settings
      in the left pane.

• Select the required input in the drop down menu under
      Override for default input method

• Click on Save.

If the required language is not listed, follow the steps below to add the required language and then perform the above mentioned changes.

• Press Windows key + I
      key and select Time & Language.

• Click on Region & language in the left pane, click on
      Add a language and select the required language from the list.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Mohan B P, Jan 3, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 3, 2019
  4. Key Input Issue in Windows Apps

Windows 10 People App

I would suggest you to run the below steps and then follow the suggestions provided by Aswin and check if it helps.

Run the inbuilt windows app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Key+X.
    • Click Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on Windows Store app to run the troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.
    If the issue persist, I suggest you to reset Windows Store cache and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key+ R.
    • Type wsreset.exe and hit
      Enter
    Please reply us on the status of the issue to assist you further.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

Key Input Issue in Windows Apps

1. Key Input Issue in Windows Apps - Similar Threads - Key Input Issue

2. Tobii Windows Eye Control Double Select Key Input Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tobii Windows Eye Control Double Select Key Input Issue: Hi, I have an issue with my 'Tobii 4C Eye Tracker' when I use it for text to speech using the window built in eye control bar. When I dwell on any key it gets selected correctly but immediately after that it selects it again twice if I don't remove my eyes fast enough. How do...
  3. Tobii Windows Eye Control Double Select Key Input Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tobii Windows Eye Control Double Select Key Input Issue: Hi, I have an issue with my 'Tobii 4C Eye Tracker' when I use it for text to speech using the window built in eye control bar. When I dwell on any key it gets selected correctly but immediately after that it selects it again twice if I don't remove my eyes fast enough. How do...
  4. Weird input issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird input issue: Hi all, I’m having a bit of an issue with my PC. A couple of days ago my keyboard and mouse inputs went all weird where nothing was typing, and it was doing odd things. The mouse also. I restarted and all was well. A couple of days later, today 17/06/22 I had the electricity...
  5. Weird input issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird input issue: Hi all, I’m having a bit of an issue with my PC. A couple of days ago my keyboard and mouse inputs went all weird where nothing was typing, and it was doing odd things. The mouse also. I restarted and all was well. A couple of days later, today 17/06/22 I had the electricity...
  6. Weird inputs in Windows Apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird inputs in Windows Apps: I don't know what's going on recently, but in Windows Apps (Film & TV or even the Settings) if I click on something, it randomly highlights other options (for example, if I try to click on the fullscreen icon in Photos, it doesn't go fullscreen and selects another option)....
  7. key board inputs

in Windows 10 Customization
    key board inputs: i cannot get question mark key to work i cannot get this working either on physical keyboard or the on-screen keyboard i have rebooted a million times i have checked on input checker sites and they are detecting an input. they are i have uninstalled then re-installed...
  8. Phantom Input Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Phantom Input Issue: I have a recurring issue with my Windows 10 PC and I need help figuring out how to troubleshoot it. Sometimes there is an issue with my keyboard input. It seems that my computer will somehow think that the ctrl button is permanently pressed, based on the fact that if I press...
  9. Phantom Input Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Phantom Input Issue: I have a recurring issue with my Windows 10 PC and I need help figuring out how to troubleshoot it. Sometimes there is an issue with my keyboard input. It seems that my computer will somehow think that the ctrl button is permanently pressed, based on the fact that if I press...
  10. Language input issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Language input issues: This is Franz Huang Because I updated my company laptop of OS system to Win 10 ver. 1809, then I can not type any traditional Chinese word, if I want to switch Chinese Traditional input, the message would indicate "Chinese IME is not ready yet" I tried several ways to...