Windows 10: Key is held down (not physically) and no other key will work.

Discus and support Key is held down (not physically) and no other key will work. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I was playing roblox screwing around and all of the sudden my W key gets pushed down and my fan starts to work up, no other key responds and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/not_Beta, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Key is held down (not physically) and no other key will work.

So I was playing roblox screwing around and all of the sudden my W key gets pushed down and my fan starts to work up, no other key responds and it won’t turn off whatever I do. Please help

submitted by /u/not_Beta
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/not_Beta, Jan 2, 2020

2. Control key held down

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I’ll certainly help you with this.

Before we proceed, please answer the following questions to help you better.

• Does this issue occur only while using the Microsoft Office Suite?
    • What is the exact error message that you get?

Check if the Sticky Keys and Toggle keys are turned on. If yes, I suggest you to turn it off. To do so, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + I and click on Ease of Access.
    • Click on Keyboard tab.
    • Turn off Sticky Keys and Toggle keys.
    • Check if the issue persist.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Jan 2, 2020
  3. alexp999 Win User
    [WTB]   Vista Ultimate x64 key

You cant buy keys, only physical objects, i.e cd and key. its in the forum rules.

alexp999, Jan 2, 2020
  4. Key is held down (not physically) and no other key will work.

1215N function keys not working?

Doesn't list it for the 1215N *Frown Key is held down (not physically) and no other key will work. :(

Funny part all the keys work out of the box with Linux Mint, go figure.

Tried the one on softpedia, doesn't seem to work.

Any other model that I can take it from?

speedy11131, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

Key is held down (not physically) and no other key will work.

1. Key is held down (not physically) and no other key will work. - Similar Threads - Key held down

2. keys spamming while held down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keys spamming while held down: My keyboard is typing same key twice when held downalso.. the special keys alt,ctrl,win spams when i try to hold it down for shortcuts.and this is the scene for only my PC.. in my laptop, it works totally fine..i tried most of the things.. like deleting the driver and...
  3. keys spamming while held down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keys spamming while held down: My keyboard is typing same key twice when held downalso.. the special keys alt,ctrl,win spams when i try to hold it down for shortcuts.and this is the scene for only my PC.. in my laptop, it works totally fine..i tried most of the things.. like deleting the driver and...
  4. keys spamming while held down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. tab key stuck/held down

tab key stuck/held down: so I just got a new keyboard not too long ago, and its going really good, except for the tab key, the tab key is always held down/stuck and I don't have any idea why. I am not holding the key and it just keeps on going, this only happens in the search bar for windows and any...
  6. Keys being held down for longer than I physically held them. Please help!

Keys being held down for longer than I physically held them. Please help!: For the past couple of weeks I have been having this problem with my laptop where after I let go of a key physically, the key I was holding down wouldn't stop. It has been happening very frequently and is making doing work and gaming very annoying. I have tried switching...
  7. Keys being held down not physically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keys being held down not physically: This problem started last week, around when I got a new corded keyboard for my laptop. When I hold down a key, then let go, the computer continues to act like the key is pressed, until I press it again. it is not pressed physically It doesn't happen every time but it does...
  8. Arrow key being held down?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Arrow key being held down?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Mordred0 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hsrrvl/arrow_key_being_held_down/
  9. Keys are stuck down and right control key does not work not physically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keys are stuck down and right control key does not work not physically: The control, windows, alt and space keys keep getting stuck down. I have tried using the onscreen keyboard to unclick the keys, but the control key always remains stuck. The right control key stopped working when this problem started. It still physically clicks. This makes...
  10. ALT Key is Virtually Held Down

ALT Key is Virtually Held Down: So about a week ago, I noticed that my keyboard started acting strange. For the record, I'm using a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate keyboard, but that doesn't matter because this happens on all keyboards that i've tried. The problem is, whenever I press the Windows key and the Alt...