Windows 10: Key on Some File

Discus and support Key on Some File in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My windows multi Alphanumeric Key is somewhere. Will I need it to upgrade to W11. If I will, How can I easily locate it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FriendlyFreddie, May 21, 2022.

1. Key on Some File

My windows multi Alphanumeric Key is somewhere. Will I need it to upgrade to W11. If I will, How can I easily locate it?

:)

FriendlyFreddie, May 21, 2022
  2. Steve C Win User

Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, May 21, 2022
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, May 21, 2022
  4. Key on Some File

alt-key functionality

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Single Click on the file.
    • Tap F2 ( Function Key).
    • Then type the name and enter.
    Hope this answers your query and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, May 21, 2022
Thema:

Key on Some File

1. Key on Some File - Similar Threads - Key File

2. My computer is asking for a recovery key. I have encrypted files I can not access and I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is asking for a recovery key. I have encrypted files I can not access and I...: I can not access files on my older computer as they have been encrypted. My computer is asking for a recovery key which I don’t have. How do I recover my files?...
  3. My computer is asking for a recovery key. I have encrypted files I can not access and I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer is asking for a recovery key. I have encrypted files I can not access and I...: I can not access files on my older computer as they have been encrypted. My computer is asking for a recovery key which I don’t have. How do I recover my files?...
  4. Windows 11 - Prompted to backup file encryption certificate and key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Prompted to backup file encryption certificate and key: Hi,Is it normal behaviour on Windows 11 to be prompted to "Backup file encryption certificate and key" after resetting a local user account password?BitLocker is disables for the disk on this device....
  5. Windows 11 - Prompted to backup file encryption certificate and key

Windows 11 - Prompted to backup file encryption certificate and key: Hi,Is it normal behaviour on Windows 11 to be prompted to "Backup file encryption certificate and key" after resetting a local user account password?BitLocker is disables for the disk on this device....
  6. Decrypt files encrypted with Bitlocker with key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Decrypt files encrypted with Bitlocker with key: Good afternoon!I have a problem, I have a backup folder in an external disk, from a drive in my computer with Windows 11 and bitlocker are activated, I made a restoration of my computer and now I can´t access to these files, I have the keys of bitlocker, but I don´t know...
  7. Decrypt files encrypted with Bitlocker with key

Decrypt files encrypted with Bitlocker with key: Good afternoon!I have a problem, I have a backup folder in an external disk, from a drive in my computer with Windows 11 and bitlocker are activated, I made a restoration of my computer and now I can´t access to these files, I have the keys of bitlocker, but I don´t know...
  8. Can i recover my files? also my microsoft office product key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i recover my files? also my microsoft office product key?: hello, i would format disk C from my laptop by this comman-line code del /q /f /s %temp% \* as an administrator, and all files would been deleted but the folders still there. Is there any way to recover my files?thanks for responding :...
  9. Can i recover my files? also my microsoft office product key?

Can i recover my files? also my microsoft office product key?: hello, i would format disk C from my laptop by this comman-line code del /q /f /s %temp% \* as an administrator, and all files would been deleted but the folders still there. Is there any way to recover my files?thanks for responding :...
  10. How to fix a Windows Regsitery Key issue related to .exe files after todays Microfoft Update

How to fix a Windows Regsitery Key issue related to .exe files after todays Microfoft Update: After performing a windows update today, upon restart, .exe files would no longer run. It appears to be a registers key error. I confirmed there is no virus present. I am a very advanced user, and can access the command prompt level but I cannot access any programs within...