Windows 10: Key on UK keyboard no longer working

Discus and support Key on UK keyboard no longer working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi,The language used on my computer is English UK and appears as such on all of the language settings. My keyboard has always been arranged so that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KeyboardHelp0987, Jun 8, 2021.

1. Key on UK keyboard no longer working

Hi,The language used on my computer is English UK and appears as such on all of the language settings. My keyboard has always been arranged so that after the 'L' key there is the : ; key and then a ' @ key and a # ~ key before you reach the Enter key. I recently added another language Korean to the Preferred Languages section of the settings. I have no trouble switching between the two languages, however, ever since I added the Korean keyboard the ' @ key has stopped functioning on the UK keyboard. This key still works on the Korean keyboard and so it is not the key itself that has stoppe

:)

KeyboardHelp0987, Jun 8, 2021

2. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Jun 8, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jun 8, 2021
  4. Key on UK keyboard no longer working

Enabled UK keyboard layout not working

Hi Hugh,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

Try the below steps and check if you are able to change keyboard to a UK layout. Follow the below steps.

• Type Region on the search bar and click on
      Region and language.

• Click on Add language and click on
      English
      and select UK eng.

• Click on the UK English and click on
      Option.

• Now click on add keyboard and select the
      keyboard.
    Hope this information helps, post us with the status we will be glad to assist you.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 8, 2021
Thema:

Key on UK keyboard no longer working

1. Key on UK keyboard no longer working - Similar Threads - Key keyboard longer

2. Some keyboard keys no longer work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some keyboard keys no longer work.: Not a hardware issue because all of them temporarily working again at once but don't work anymore. I've tried deleting and reinstalling keyboard drivers, its not working. What else can I do? From what I can tell, this began after a windows update but I can't roll back...
  3. Some keyboard keys no longer work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some keyboard keys no longer work.: Not a hardware issue because all of them temporarily working again at once but don't work anymore. I've tried deleting and reinstalling keyboard drivers, its not working. What else can I do? From what I can tell, this began after a windows update but I can't roll back...
  4. Some keyboard keys no longer work.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Keyboard keys not working on US QWERTY keyboard but work on UK QWERTY keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard keys not working on US QWERTY keyboard but work on UK QWERTY keyboard: On my Surface Book 2, when I have the US International QWERTY region keyboard installed, the bottom row of keys has recently stopped working Z, X,C, V, B, N, M. I tried changing to the UK QWERTY region keyboard and these same bottom row keys work. I want to use the US...
  6. Keyboard keys not working on US QWERTY keyboard but work on UK QWERTY keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard keys not working on US QWERTY keyboard but work on UK QWERTY keyboard: On my Surface Book 2, when I have the US International QWERTY region keyboard installed, the bottom row of keys has recently stopped working Z, X,C, V, B, N, M. I tried changing to the UK QWERTY region keyboard and these same bottom row keys work. I want to use the US...
  7. UK KEYBOARD !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UK KEYBOARD !: Hi, was using my laptop this morning and realised the two keys @ and " where the opposite away around ! I clicked on the icon in the taskbar and it was showing "English united states US keyboard. I changed back to UK keyboard and everything OK again. When I turn the laptop...
  8. UK KEYBOARD !

in Windows 10 Customization
    UK KEYBOARD !: Hi, was using my laptop this morning and realised the two keys @ and " where the opposite away around ! I clicked on the icon in the taskbar and it was showing "English united states US keyboard. I changed back to UK keyboard and everything OK again. When I turn the laptop...
  9. @ and " keys are swapped on a UK keyboard for W10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    @ and " keys are swapped on a UK keyboard for W10: Hi, Title pretty much says it all; I've tried reverting language settings but it's identifying the default language as UK English and the Keyboard is a UK keyboard. Normally my Shift+2 is ", but now it's inputting the @ character. Other guide sites are basically echoing the...
  10. @ and ' key in UK keyboard does not work by tapping, only holding the key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    @ and ' key in UK keyboard does not work by tapping, only holding the key: Hi all, I have just come out of a 2 hours session with a remoted Microsoft tech trying to sort this issue. Essentially: -@ and ' key do not work by only tapping, it only works when held down like if Filter Keys is turned on and once it appears, it has already spammed 3-4...