Windows 10: KEY ONLY WORKS WHILE PRESSING SHIFT BOTH PHYSICAL AND ON-SCREEN KEYBOARD

Discus and support KEY ONLY WORKS WHILE PRESSING SHIFT BOTH PHYSICAL AND ON-SCREEN KEYBOARD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I am experiencing an issue wHere my "H" key only works while pressing shift. Even the on-screen touch keyboard only inputs H if I first press... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HIDemir, Jul 3, 2020.

1. HIDemir Win User

KEY ONLY WORKS WHILE PRESSING SHIFT BOTH PHYSICAL AND ON-SCREEN KEYBOARD

Hello, I am experiencing an issue wHere my "H" key only works while pressing shift. Even the on-screen touch keyboard only inputs H if I first press the shift key. CAPS Lock enables me to type H in lowercase but the shift key must still be held down. Please help I'm a student, I can't afford another computer let alone to take this to a tech.

:)

HIDemir, Jul 3, 2020
  2. MaxMarvin Win User

both shift keys not working; sticky keys off, updated drivers, reinstalled drivers, restarted computer, no physical damage

hi

unfortunately neither of my shift keys work, and i need to use my on screen keyboard as a substitute which is extremely irritating, especially considering when i program i need to use pound signs and parentheses a lot. my shift keys just inexplicably stopped
    working one day while i was literally mid paragraph when it wouldnt let me capitalize anymore. i have tried restarting the device, checking if sticky keys are on, updating my keyboard drivers and reinstalling my keyboard drivers. my keyboard is built into
    by dell e7470 laptop and has taken absolutely no physical damage

thanks

MaxMarvin, Jul 3, 2020
  3. Right Arrow Key input not working on both physical and on/screen keyboard.

Hello,

My system is not detecting the "Right Arrow" key pressed. I have tried 2 different keyboards (one of them brand new), and even the on-screen virtual keyboard of Windows: the input is just not computed by the system: all the times Right Arrow is pressed (on
    any keyboard be it virtual or physical), just nothing happens.

I have even tried rebinding the Right Arrow to a different key (Numpad 3) with a key rebind program, but also this did not work as the system still refuses to compute the Right Arrow input.

I already also:

- Used the Hardware Troubleshooter to detect problems: no problems were detected.

- Uninstalled the keyboard driver from Device Manager and rebooted to install them again, also this did not work.

Honestly right now i'm out of options and don't know how to solve this problem, I tried everything i know, and need Right Arrow to use some programs.

Thanks for any answer.

Thomas De Angelis, Jul 3, 2020
  4. LTUGamer Win User

Both shift keys

Hello.
    I have problem with Lenovo Idea Pad 100 laptop (OS: WIN10). After replacing HDD into SSD I faced a strange problem. Both Shifts of the keyboard doesn‘t work .
    I have tried to:
    • Check if sticky keys are off. They are off.
    • Connect external keyboard via USB port. Shift keys on external keyboard works good.
    • Check the keyboard on online tester which indicates pressed buttons. It can‘t indicate press of the shift
    • Change several different input languages. The problem is on all of them.
    • Reinstall keyboard driver
    • Check if connection is OK. It is OK.
    • Tried to run computer without screws (I have read in one forum that screws could touch the keyboard from the bottom and it wouldn‘t operate normal)
    I believe that keyboard is not damaged because connector damage could cause just exact part of keyboard failure, while it is impossible to do physical damage for both shifts. Any solutions?

LTUGamer, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

1. KEY ONLY WORKS WHILE PRESSING SHIFT BOTH PHYSICAL AND ON-SCREEN KEYBOARD - Similar Threads - KEY WORKS WHILE

2. windows key is not working while pressing on keyboard only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows key is not working while pressing on keyboard only: Hi, I've been facing the following issue on my system - I'm unable to launch the Windows menu by clicking the Windows button on the keyboard. I can launch the menu using the mouse click only. when I play a video and click the Windows key the video pauses which means the...
  3. windows key is not working while pressing on keyboard only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows key is not working while pressing on keyboard only: Hi, I've been facing the following issue on my system - I'm unable to launch the Windows menu by clicking the Windows button on the keyboard. I can launch the menu using the mouse click only. when I play a video and click the Windows key the video pauses which means the...
  4. KEY ONLY WORKS WHILE PRESSING SHIFT BOTH PHYSICAL AND ON-SCREEN KEYBOARD window 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KEY ONLY WORKS WHILE PRESSING SHIFT BOTH PHYSICAL AND ON-SCREEN KEYBOARD window 11: my M key only works while pressing shift key i have tried many different keyboards and on screen key board https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/key-only-works-while-pressing-shift-both-physical/bd6c9c00-fbb4-4674-bb48-911f6e5eb2ed
  5. KEY ONLY WORKS WHILE PRESSING SHIFT BOTH PHYSICAL AND ON-SCREEN KEYBOARD window 11

KEY ONLY WORKS WHILE PRESSING SHIFT BOTH PHYSICAL AND ON-SCREEN KEYBOARD window 11: my M key only works while pressing shift key i have tried many different keyboards and on screen key board https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/key-only-works-while-pressing-shift-both-physical/bd6c9c00-fbb4-4674-bb48-911f6e5eb2ed
  6. Both on screen and physical keyboard don't work sometimes

Both on screen and physical keyboard don't work sometimes: I am using an Acer Swift 3 SF-57G Laptop on Windows 10. I am currently facing issues with it's keyboard which is acting erratically Both on screen and physical. Sometimes the keys work when I hold down Ctrl sometimes they don't. Physically pressing the keys does not input...
  7. Keyboard is not working unless i press right shift key for a while

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard is not working unless i press right shift key for a while: On my laptop system keyboard is not working unless i press the right shift key for a while.. and it is repeating What i have done trying to solve the problem:tested Keyboard with other PC everything works fineSearch for new driverdeinstall driver and restart PCChecked...
  8. Keyboard is not working unless i press right shift key for a while

Keyboard is not working unless i press right shift key for a while: On my laptop system keyboard is not working unless i press the right shift key for a while.. and it is repeating What i have done trying to solve the problem:tested Keyboard with other PC everything works fineSearch for new driverdeinstall driver and restart PCChecked...
  9. Keyboard is not working unless i press right shift key for a while

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Right Arrow Key input not working on both physical and on/screen keyboard.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Right Arrow Key input not working on both physical and on/screen keyboard.: Hello, My system is not detecting the "Right Arrow" key pressed. I have tried 2 different keyboards (one of them brand new), and even the on-screen virtual keyboard of Windows: the input is just not computed by the system: all the times Right Arrow is pressed (on any...