Windows 10: key press does NOT change lock screen to password screen on win start

Discus and support key press does NOT change lock screen to password screen on win start in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I boot my win 10 HP Envy 17 laptop it enters the lockscreen mode which is normal. Next I have to get to the password field screen to enter my PIN... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by perfection, Jan 21, 2020.

1. key press does NOT change lock screen to password screen on win start

When I boot my win 10 HP Envy 17 laptop it enters the lockscreen mode which is normal. Next I have to get to the password field screen to enter my PIN after which the laptop will continue to my username desktop

My issue is that when I press any keyboard key this transition from lock screen to password/PIN field screen does not happen when I use any key of my keyboard so I have to click/tap my touchpad mouse.

My keyboard works normally when I am in Windows and if I Win + l my laptop and send it into lock mode after boot and usage it WILL change my lockscreen to password/PIN field screen with a keyboard press OR touchpad mouse

Anything I can try to activate my password screen using keyboard..

Nothing major just an annoyance I need solved

Thanks

:)

perfection, Jan 21, 2020

2. change the lock screen password

Hi Eric,

Let us resolve you concern regarding on how you can change your lock screen password. We suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key; then, select Settings.
    • Click Accounts; then, Sign-In Options.
    • Tap the Change button in the Password section.
    • Re-enter your password; then, create a new password.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jan 21, 2020
  3. dacrone Win User
    different lock screen and sign in screen?

Step 2b is labeled as Change the Login Screen Image, but the steps show you how to change the Lock Screen image. Step 2a is irrelevant. It only tells you how to change the desktop background.

What I want to do:
    Set Spotlight as the LOCK Screen Image(s) - Done
    Set the Win 10 Hero Image as the SIGN IN Screen Image - This is the one that shows after you click on the lock screen and you are able to type your password. If I uncheck "Show Lock Screen Image on Sign In Screen", it shows a solid blue background behind my Password box and user image. This is what I want to change to the Hero Image....

dacrone, Jan 21, 2020
  4. ah lun Win User

key press does NOT change lock screen to password screen on win start

Lock screen password no respond

I am using WP7 on HTC Mozart.

I have password activated on the Lock Screen.

Every time when I wake up the phone at the lock screen (black screen, press the on/off button, the lock screen displayed), when I slide up the lock screen, the password pad is shown for me to key in my the password.

My issue is that I can key/press the first digit of the password, but when I key/press the second digit, there is no response. I need to slide down the lock screen and slide up again then all the keys are responding.

ah lun, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

key press does NOT change lock screen to password screen on win start

1. key press does NOT change lock screen to password screen on win start - Similar Threads - key press does

2. How to change lock screen password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change lock screen password?: The password option is missing! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-lock-screen-password/c48d1e58-cf8d-44cf-a83a-887e81ece9fb
  3. How to change lock screen password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change lock screen password?: The password option is missing! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-lock-screen-password/c48d1e58-cf8d-44cf-a83a-887e81ece9fb
  4. Characters change in password field on lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Characters change in password field on lock screen: I have a unique issue that I have been living with for a long time, but am determined to resolve now. I am using Windows 10, and on the lock screen, since I built the computer, I have always had an issue with the password field changing my characters. I have tried with both...
  5. lock screen password

in Windows 10 Customization
    lock screen password: I don't want to have to enter a password on computer startup. How do I get rid of this requirement. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-password/3f9bb64b-8cde-4b98-883e-2675817b5dba
  6. Change Lock screen Password on laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change Lock screen Password on laptop: How do I change my Lock Screen password on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-lock-screen-password-on-laptop/8ed99547-c296-443c-a7ae-2b9ce62b850e
  7. Unable to change password on the lock screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to change password on the lock screen: As you see in the title I cannot change the password on the Lock screen. I tried three times. Shut down then switched the PC on but I see the old password....
  8. Change lock screen password onlzy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change lock screen password onlzy: Hi, I just got a laptop that I'm going to use for office work when not at home. So I'd like to keep getting asked for a password. But it's quite annoying that the lock screen password is my microsoft password. It has become an abomination because it can't be set to an...
  9. Lock Screen wallpaper does not change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen wallpaper does not change: I tried to change the wallpaper for the Lock screen so I went into Settings -> Personalization -> Lock Screen and selected a picture but it does not change when I lock my laptop. I activated my Windows 10 software already. Do you know how to fix this? Thanks Lenovo...
  10. Not able to press keyboard to get from lock screen to password screen

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Not able to press keyboard to get from lock screen to password screen: Since the latest update (It introduced the slide show of pictures on the lock screen. I think it is KB3124200) I haven't been able to press Enter or Space or any other key for that matter to "slide up" the lock screen photo to get to the password screen. I've looked through...