Windows 10: Key Product Devices

Discus and support Key Product Devices in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How can I find out how many devices are attached to my key product?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Carol_062, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Carol_062 Win User

Key Product Devices

How can I find out how many devices are attached to my key product?

:)

Carol_062, Oct 2, 2019
  2. Superfly Win User

Product Key

Keys are not required for the upgrade process. Windows 10 has a built-in generic key which it uses to install - it acquires the underlying Win7/Win8 activation during the upgrade process and assigns your device ID as a valid Windows 10 activated device. Subsequent installs will thus activate using your device ID. You will not require a key - should you be prompted, select "skip". Activation is automatic thereafter.

See step 6 here: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html

Key Product Devices [​IMG]

Superfly, Oct 2, 2019
  3. CarolKopp Win User
    My Product Key

I have hit another roadblock in my marathon two-day attempt to restore the laptop that Windows 10 destroyed. I do not have the product key for the device, so cannot even revert to Windows 8.1. The product key is not shown in the Amazon purchase listing for the device, and I long ago lost the paperwork. Is there any way I can look it up (keeping in mind of course that the device itself is utterly unusable in its current state)?

CarolKopp, Oct 2, 2019
  4. Cliff S Win User

Key Product Devices

Using the current device's product key on my another device.

On old PC:
    Uninstall retail product key:

1. Disable secure boot(if turned on in BIOS)
    2. Boot into Windows
    3. Enter slmgr /upk and wait for this to complete. This will uninstall the current product key from Windows and put it into an unlicensed state.
    4. Enter slmgr /cpky and wait for this to complete. This will remove the product key from the registry if it's still there.
    5. Restart
    6. Wait a little while and then use the retail key on the new machine.
    7. Set up secure boot(recommended)
    Your old machine should go back to home, or you might need to do a clean install, I'm not sure there.

Cliff S, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

Key Product Devices

1. Key Product Devices - Similar Threads - Key Product Devices

2. Product key being used by different device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Product key being used by different device: I built a new pc about a week ago, installed a fresh version of windows purchased through a retailer, all of the sudden I’m getting the activate windows watermark and once I try to troubleshoot it says I cannot activate because my product key is already being used? I bought...
  3. Product key being used by different device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product key being used by different device: I built a new pc about a week ago, installed a fresh version of windows purchased through a retailer, all of the sudden I’m getting the activate windows watermark and once I try to troubleshoot it says I cannot activate because my product key is already being used? I bought...
  4. Swapping Windows Product Keys between Devices

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Swapping Windows Product Keys between Devices: Good Morning , I wonder if I can trouble you All for some advice? I have a Laptop running Win 10 64bit Pro Edition - Free upgrade from Windows 7 Pro Edition 64 Bit I have a Desktop running Win 10 64Bit Home Edition - Free Upgrade from Windows 7 Home Edition 64 Bit The...
  5. Product key

Product key: I bought this pc in Vietnam and it was prebuilt so all they did was bring the pc to me when they are done building it, now the window 10 keep asking to activate window but I don't know how to get my product key can you please help me out?...
  6. product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    product key: Does the product key change when you upgrade from windows 8 to windows 10 or is the same? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key/933697b4-a060-4315-aedc-0335406f38e6
  7. product key

product key: how do I find my original product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key/44f5a066-1fc6-4ce2-a8b8-de9069c1d2c9"
  8. Devices and MS product keys

Devices and MS product keys: In my MS account, signed into account.microsoft.com, what page, and it's path can I find all my devices, the MS products and the product keys listed? And yes, it does exist, different from the account.microsoft.com/services/ page....
  9. Reuse the device product key in unattended install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reuse the device product key in unattended install: I am trying to automate the reinstall of Windows 10 computer at work (if only to get rid of all the bloatware that is added by manufacturers). I have created an unautoattended.xml file following this tutorial:...
  10. Using the current device's product key on my another device.

Using the current device's product key on my another device.: Hello, My 6 year old PC has Windows 10 PRO (Retail License). It came with Windows 7 Home which also was successfully upgraded to Windows 10 Home (OEM License). Now, I have bought a new PC which came with Windows 10 Home. How do I use my retail PRO product key in my new laptop...