Windows 10: Key purchased, can't use after using, on same computer, different hard drive and install or...

Discus and support Key purchased, can't use after using, on same computer, different hard drive and install or... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Key purchased, can't use after using, on same computer, different hard drive and install or upgrade from. How do you call customer support???... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BRIBOT, Jun 16, 2021.

1. BRIBOT Win User

Key purchased, can't use after using, on same computer, different hard drive and install or...

Key purchased, can't use after using, on same computer, different hard drive and install or upgrade from. How do you call customer support??? Ridiculous Microsoft is a massive company, but you can't call anyone and talk live??? Online support can't help this issue.

:)

BRIBOT, Jun 16, 2021

2. Hard Drive not Showing

Hi Lori,

Thank you for posting back.

• How are you connecting the Hard drive to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the hard drive to a different computer and check if it works?

It's possible that your USB drivers are corrupt. I suggest you to try the following steps and check.

• Press Windows Key +R and type
      devmgmt.msc
      to open Device manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers
      at the left bottom.
    • Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click on
      Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat these steps for the entire USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Jun 16, 2021
  3. little cat, Jun 16, 2021
  4. Key purchased, can't use after using, on same computer, different hard drive and install or...

Computer freezes and Explorer doen't respond when I plug an external Hard drive

Hello jobkakule,

The issue is possibly caused by corrupted data or bad sectors on your external hard drive or could be a sign of a failing hard drive.

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    • Have you tried plugging your external hard drive to a different USB port? Also, check if you can access the drive by plugging it to a different computer.
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

Meanwhile, I'd suggest to repair the bad sectors on your external hard drive. Kindly refer to the steps below:

(Let's just assume that the drive letter for your external hard drive is E. If not, please do change it to the correct drive letter)

1. Plug in your external hard drive. Click on Start, search for
    Command Prompt, right-click on it and select Run as administrator.

2. Type in the following command below and press Enter after each command:

Chkdsk /f E:

Chkdsk /r E:

3. Reboot your computer after the scan is completed.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jun 16, 2021
Thema:

Key purchased, can't use after using, on same computer, different hard drive and install or...

1. Key purchased, can't use after using, on same computer, different hard drive and install or... - Similar Threads - Key purchased can't

2. The same key is not working on my PC, even after using different keyboards.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The same key is not working on my PC, even after using different keyboards.: Since the past week, the "Y" key on my keyboards has completely stopped working, and neither the captial Y or small case y work. I have two brand new keyboards, and the same issue is occuring on both of them whenever I my desktop PC. I know the "Y" are not broken on said...
  3. Can't Use Two External Hard Drives At The Same Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Use Two External Hard Drives At The Same Time: Hello, I have a two terabyte external drive for games and a five terabyte external drive for various other projects. For a while I had them both plugged in but I decided I wanted to organize the cords going into my usb extender, they haven't been the same since. Here is what...
  4. Can't Use Two External Hard Drives At The Same Time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Use Two External Hard Drives At The Same Time: Hello, I have a two terabyte external drive for games and a five terabyte external drive for various other projects. For a while I had them both plugged in but I decided I wanted to organize the cords going into my usb extender, they haven't been the same since. Here is what...
  5. Can't Use Two External Hard Drives At The Same Time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Same product keys after reinstallation using same installer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Same product keys after reinstallation using same installer: Hello, Whenever we install/reinstall the units OS Windows 10 PRO with OLP installer/Product Key, It does not activate automatically unless you key in the product key. But whenever we reinstall it using WIN10 Pro Retailer installer and used OLP Product Key it will activate...
  7. Installing windows 10 on a separate hard drive for use on a different computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing windows 10 on a separate hard drive for use on a different computer.: I'm refurbishing an oldish HP mini PC for my daughter to use. I've already made the media creation tool and now, I want to install windows 10 pro on the hard drive that is going in the HP using my work computer. Reason being; I know it will need to download a ton of updates...
  8. Can I reinstall windows on different drive using same product key?

Can I reinstall windows on different drive using same product key?: Hi! I want to upgrade from a mechanical hdd to an nvme and install windows on that one. this hard drive will be formatted. can i use my product key on that drive given that the current one will not contain it anymore?...
  9. Win 10 install on two different drives with same Win key in same computer?

Win 10 install on two different drives with same Win key in same computer?: I have a Win 10 computer (legal upgrade from Win 7) that gives me terrible problems booting up, re-starting, or shutting down. I would repair the install but I'd lose all/many of my other programs. So what I want to do is have a fresh Windows 10 bare install on a second...
  10. Problems using two win10 hard drives on same computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems using two win10 hard drives on same computer: My computer is running slowly; taking about 2 minutes to start up, often running slowly when typing.... I put an older image on a second hard drive, and it runs fine. However, Word documents, emails, Firefox , etc. do not have current data. I wanted to copy current info...