Windows 10: Key Re-mapping through Binary remapping isn't working

Discus and support Key Re-mapping through Binary remapping isn't working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have been trying to remap the keys using the Binary remapping in registry. I have made all the scancodes entries as mentioned. However it doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RehneDe, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Key Re-mapping through Binary remapping isn't working

I have been trying to remap the keys using the Binary remapping in registry. I have made all the scancodes entries as mentioned. However it doesn't work. Help appreciated.

I am trying to replace Home with Pageup and End with Pagedown. In the path mentioned below, I created a new binary value

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/ CurrentControlSet/Control/ Keyboard Layout

and made the following entries

00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

05 00 00 00 49 E0 47 E0

47 E0 49 E0 51 E0 4F E0

4F E0 51 E0 00 00 00 00

Somehow it isn't working, it works on my other Win7 laptop. Is there a resolution ?

submitted by /u/RehneDe
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RehneDe, Jul 14, 2020

2. Re-mapping NumLock key to behave as the End key

I happen to be in a similar situation to that of the unfortunate soul who posted this question: Re-mapping the «PowerOff» key on Asus laptop keyboard under Windows 10 64 bits?. That is, I have a laptop whose keyboard does not have an End dedicated key.

I really want for it to have, and so I started searching online for how to remap my NumLock key to become the End key. In the above linked question, the OP mentions that she had found a way to do so by going to the Windows registry at:

And then adding the following binary value:

I tried just that, as can be seen in the following partial screen-shot:

(link to image, since I don't have enough rep to embed images within questions'bodies)

Yet, the trick does not work for me. I have a Windows 10 64bits, up-to-date with all updates. I wonder, what could be wrong? How could I make it work and achieve the desired re-mapping via changing the Windows Registry?

Thanks!

Kim Shutter, Jul 14, 2020
  3. My shift keys are suddenly not working

Did you try all of the steps I gave you which are numerous? One of these has always worked in cases like this. I'd go back through the list to be sure you tried them all because we often find later that the skipped step was the fix.

Once you're sure then see how you can reprogram any key using one of these methods:

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/missing-key-remap...

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jul 14, 2020
  4. Key Re-mapping through Binary remapping isn't working

Andre Da Costa, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

Key Re-mapping through Binary remapping isn't working

1. Key Re-mapping through Binary remapping isn't working - Similar Threads - Key mapping through

2. Remap a key to be "functionless"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remap a key to be "functionless": I'd like to remap my function keys (F1-F12, not fn) to be "functionless". What I mean by that is, I'd like them to be buttons that other apps will pick up, but that don't perform any action in Windows by default. Ideally I could then map them to anything I'd like in...
  3. Remapping keyboard keys

Remapping keyboard keys: Hi! I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this or not (please let me know if there's a better sub), but I 'm trying to remap one of the keys on my keyboard since it doesn't seem to be working properly. Basically, I found a keyboard that someone had tossed out and I...
  4. How to remap keys?

How to remap keys?: My dad got a computer and never used it so he gave it to me. He switched caps lock to control and I want it back the way it was. I asked him for help and he never did so I was wondering if one of you guys can help me. submitted by /u/BradenMer [link] [comments]...
  5. Function keys remap?

Function keys remap?: For example, my F1 button brings up a window with how to get PC help, is it possible to remove that? submitted by /u/Bill_Cipher42 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g1ssm6/function_keys_remap/
  6. Accidentally remapped keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Accidentally remapped keys: A few hours ago, I somehow managed to accidentally remap a few of my keys. For example, my escape key has been remapped to "1". I have no idea how I managed to do this, it occurred when I was randomly typing on my keyboard....
  7. Remapping characters - NOT keys

in Windows 10 Support
    Remapping characters - NOT keys: Hi all. I've just spent some time (again) on a Mac and there is just one thing from a Mac I would love to have in my Windows. The placement of the @ key. I'm running a Norwegian layout on my keyboard, and therefor type AltGr+2 for my @ (opposed to the Shitf+2 for the US...
  8. Java SE Binary isn't working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Java SE Binary isn't working: I just recently got a new computer so I downloaded Java SE binary and when I try and open a Jar file with Java, this message pops up:[ATTACH] Even though I have installed Java and put it in an empty folder as said in the instructions...
  9. Remapping keyboard keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remapping keyboard keys: I am using a virtual desktop software (Team viewer) to control my pc from my mac. i would like to know whether it is possible to remap keyboard keys on the windows side, specifically the apple CMD key to the windows control key. thanks....
  10. Remapping & Disabling keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remapping & Disabling keys: Hi! I am new to Windows (been a Mac for ever). I am afraid of messing up my system. I really need to disable the Home button. It is next to my backspace button and I keep hitting it. needless to say, AARRGGHH.*Confused I see that there are apps that claim to remap the keys....