Windows 10: key repeat was too fast so I changed it and now its too slow and cant fix

Discus and support key repeat was too fast so I changed it and now its too slow and cant fix in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Key repeat was too fast so I changed it but now its too slow and I cant fix it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DonaldKenney, Dec 24, 2020.

1. key repeat was too fast so I changed it and now its too slow and cant fix

Key repeat was too fast so I changed it but now its too slow and I cant fix it.

:)

DonaldKenney, Dec 24, 2020
  2. LoganTank Win User

Keyboard repeats letters slow

I have a laptop with windows 10 on it and my laptop keyboard and my usb keyboard repeats letters slow i have filter keys on and I have tried to change the settings but it is still the same the driver is up to date but still does it. This happend by my
    cat stepping on letters on my keyboard Please help!

LoganTank, Dec 24, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Repeating Keys don't repeat

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

Method 1: Run the
    Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Method 2.Try updating the latest keyboard devices from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the Keyboard drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the Keyboard driver.

c. Right-click on the HID Keyboard Device and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Dec 24, 2020
  4. key repeat was too fast so I changed it and now its too slow and cant fix

Windows 8.1 Pro Slow When Restarting But Cold Boot Is Fast

Hi starvinmarvin, this is Techhelper89. I'm here to help.

Try the following troubleshooting steps:

Step 1: Disable Fast Startup and check if it works for you.

Fast startup is a new feature in Windows to help your PC start up faster after shutting down. When turned on, Windows does this by using a hybrid shutdown (a partial hibernate) method that saves only the kernel session and device drivers (system
    information) to hibernate (hiberfil.sys) file on disk instead of closing it when you shut down your PC.

Steps:

1. Press Windows + X key and click Control Panel.
    2. Click on Power options.
    3. Click on Choose what the power buttons do.
    4. Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable. If it prompts to click on yes, then click Yes.
    5. Uncheck Turn on fast startup (Recommended) under shutdown settings.
    6. Click Save changes to configure the settings.

The link I have found these steps from is slow restart problem -windows 10. (This is another post on the Microsoft Community.)

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks.

834e5206-26cf-43e1-a121-0fab5d3e1d44, Dec 24, 2020
Thema:

key repeat was too fast so I changed it and now its too slow and cant fix

1. key repeat was too fast so I changed it and now its too slow and cant fix - Similar Threads - key repeat was

2. Battery is draining too fast

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery is draining too fast: My laptop was manufactured 2 years ago yet the battery capacity has fallen to 31% based on powercfg /energy I've upgraded my laptop to windows 11 but before then the battery capacity was still good, but maybe it caused this?...
  3. Windows 10 disk image burner too slow or too fast

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 disk image burner too slow or too fast: Hello,I am trying to burn the windows iso to an empty dvd but when i right click the iso, press burn image, and press record button tells me the speed is too fast or too slow for the disk i inserted. How can i make a burn of the iso?...
  4. Windows 10 disk image burner too slow or too fast

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 disk image burner too slow or too fast: Hello,I am trying to burn the windows iso to an empty dvd but when i right click the iso, press burn image, and press record button tells me the speed is too fast or too slow for the disk i inserted. How can i make a burn of the iso?...
  5. Windows 10 disk image burner too slow or too fast

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Touchpad scrolls too fast or too slow

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touchpad scrolls too fast or too slow: On some apps like Edge, my touchpad scrolls too fast. On apps like photo, scrolling is just not fun because it's too slow. When those apps are not focused like clicking on the taskbar to focus on the taskbar, it scrolls normally....
  7. Mouse too fast

Mouse too fast: Hey, my mouse is running too fast, tried everything, reinstalling my windows and drivers, nothing works pls help. ps. It started after an Windows opdate. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-too-fast/554498a7-bf8d-4db2-9f16-95a20c5e5e88
  8. A warning too fast to be seen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A warning too fast to be seen: Every time I start the PC and every time I turn it off, a warning appears for a split second. How do I know what kind of problem it is? submitted by /u/kirkplan [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i0ibh2/a_warning_too_fast_to_be_seen/
  9. Microsoft mouse scrolling too fast/too slow

Microsoft mouse scrolling too fast/too slow: I'm using Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop combo and after almost every restart, the mouse scrolling speed using scroll wheel get screwed up. It's either too fast or too slow, depending on the previous adjustment. Only adjustment through Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard Center...
  10. too slow

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    too slow: i dont understand my laptop is very slow I refreshed it several times nothing changed it is tooo slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/too-slow/99351137-db9b-497b-9930-f5cd3eaa2382