Windows 10: Key sequences autocorrecting to special characters

Discus and support Key sequences autocorrecting to special characters in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have already turned off all autocorrect options in the settings As far as I know of. However, certain keyboard shortcuts or character sequences... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Anononymous, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Key sequences autocorrecting to special characters

I have already turned off all autocorrect options in the settings As far as I know of. However, certain keyboard shortcuts or character sequences insert special characters. e.g. Ctrl+Shift+M should insert a comment in Google Slides, instead it a types greek letter Mu it won't allow me to type here and "a typed in sequence, not as a combination will transform into ä. How can I turn this off? In the settings I turned off SwiftKey suggestions, and that worked for a day, but then it stopped working. I''ve tried turning it on and off repeatedly.

:)

Anononymous, Dec 30, 2019
  2. LittleJay Win User

ALT Key Codes for Special Characters List

Thanks for this PDF file list of special characters! It will come in very handy, *Thumbs

LittleJay, Dec 30, 2019
  3. ALT Key Codes for Special Characters List

I find it easier to just press the key with 1 on it, instead of Alt+(numpad)49 *Wink

Thanks for posting the information and the portable doc.

Every Windows has Charmap in Start | Windows Accessories. It's great if you need a one time character, but not as convenient as learning the few often typed characters such as the ones Dick mentioned.

If you want to go further with characters, beyond this thread then you should take a peek at Charmap

Key sequences autocorrecting to special characters [​IMG]

Slartybart, Dec 30, 2019
  4. Key sequences autocorrecting to special characters

Windows 10 Character mapping - Autocorrect

thx for your help. but i would like to let you know that i tried reinstalling windows and office and reviewed all the settings of the office. but the problem in windows Accessories - character map for some font types specially in arabic ... it autocorrect
    the word typed to the symbol in character map.

i want a way to stop this or to fix it.

Ahmed F. Sedik, Dec 30, 2019
Thema:

Key sequences autocorrecting to special characters

1. Key sequences autocorrecting to special characters - Similar Threads - Key sequences autocorrecting

2. special character is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    special character is not working: i am supporting couple companies and recetly have lot of issue with my users , the sepcial characters is not working and mostly users passwrd are include these characters and they cant log into their softwares and their account get locked , mostly after a reboot it back to...
  3. special character is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    special character is not working: i am supporting couple companies and recetly have lot of issue with my users , the sepcial characters is not working and mostly users passwrd are include these characters and they cant log into their softwares and their account get locked , mostly after a reboot it back to...
  4. special character is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. typing special characters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    typing special characters: I've searched everywhere for an answer to this - it's actually a 2-part question. - I know that with a numeric keypad you can type the guillemet symbol via alt+124/125, but on a laptop pc with no numeric keypad is there a way to type it without always copying and pasting? I...
  6. typing special characters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    typing special characters: I've searched everywhere for an answer to this - it's actually a 2-part question. - I know that with a numeric keypad you can type the guillemet symbol via alt+124/125, but on a laptop pc with no numeric keypad is there a way to type it without always copying and pasting? I...
  7. special character ¥

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    special character ¥: I usually use three languages, English, Traditional Chinese and Japanese. And I, always, need to type the specail character "¥" using the keyboard combination of [ALT]165, but this cannot be done using English language keyboard, it will return a "?", only when I switch to...
  8. Special characters in Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Special characters in Win10: Hi, we have a bit of a weird issue with special characters. (kind of hard to explain but I`ll try) We are currently running a Win10 pilot, and the users are saying that the special characters, like é and õ, differs from Windows 7, even though the language input (norwegian) is...
  9. ALT Key Codes for Special Characters List

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    ALT Key Codes for Special Characters List: How to: ALT Key Codes for Special Characters List How to Type Special Characters with ALT Keyboard Sequences [img] Information Many special characters are available that may not appear on your keyboard. This tutorial will show you how to type special characters using...
  10. Searching for special characters

in Windows 10 Support
    Searching for special characters: Hi all! I just purchased a new Dell with Windows 10. I had a Dell with Windows XP SP3 for ages, and when I made the mistake of updating one of my drivers... Well, it was getting to be time to update... I've a few more grey hairs now. Anyway, in my old machine, when I...