Windows 10: Key Viewer Programs Show Different Win 10 Product Key?

Discus and support Key Viewer Programs Show Different Win 10 Product Key? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I downloaded & ran a program from majorgeeks.com called 'Easily Retrieve Your Windows Product Key' (Download Easily Retrieve Your Windows Product Key -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by squibbon, Aug 9, 2015.

1. squibbon Win User

Key Viewer Programs Show Different Win 10 Product Key?

I downloaded & ran a program from majorgeeks.com called 'Easily Retrieve Your Windows Product Key' (Download Easily Retrieve Your Windows Product Key - MajorGeeks). The site administrator said he used it to successfully activate a clean Windows 10 install.

This program showed an entirely different key than the generic one I got using Belarc Advisor and Nirsoft ProduKey. (I did the upgrade to Win 10 Pro from Win 8.1 Pro.)

Out of curiosity, I downloaded another key viewer program called MSKeyViewer Plus. It showed the same key as the majorgeeks.com program. Apparently, this key is being pulled from within the Windows 10 Registry.

Could this be the actual individual Windows 10 Product Key?

:)

squibbon, Aug 9, 2015

2. Identical Windows 10 keys for two different installations?

Update: I used a program to get the product key off of my two machines and they have the same product key,
    but they have different product ids. And the two different machines are even installed/activated with different Microsoft accounts (even though that shouldn't matter).

That leads me to believe that there is some kind of extra "coding" is going on in Windows 10 that somehow keeps the product keys different based on the device or that they are storing the actual product key in different location/way, so that the programs
    that fetch the product key no longer give you the right results.

A_User_Here, Aug 9, 2015
  3. dennisgel Win User
    Windows 10 program list shows photo viewer as "unavailable".

Original Title: unavailable

Win 10 program list shows photo viewer as "unavailable". How do I change it to available?

Thanks, Dennis

dennisgel, Aug 9, 2015
  4. tracit99 Win User

I have seen the same thing happen with different product key viewers. I can't tell you why this is happening, but I can tell you the different non-generic key that I am seeing is the key that I had after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. The generic key VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T came back into the picture after I did a clean install of Windows 10.

tracit99, Aug 9, 2015
Thema:

1. Key Viewer Programs Show Different Win 10 Product Key? - Similar Threads - Key Viewer Programs

2. Win 10 product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 product key: I have an HP laptop, I have installed Linux Ubuntu for the final year Engineering project, and a few days ago GRUB menu is corrupted, then Linux got corrupted, and now Windows too, so the question is can I extract the product key without accessing the windows. There are some...
  3. Win 10 product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 product key: I have an HP laptop, I have installed Linux Ubuntu for the final year Engineering project, and a few days ago GRUB menu is corrupted, then Linux got corrupted, and now Windows too, so the question is can I extract the product key without accessing the windows. There are some...
  4. Win 10 product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Win 10 product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 product key: Why we able to find win 10 product key with cmd and this is legally true https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-product-key/87359acb-6006-4ad0-a1aa-165b130dec91
  6. Different Product Keys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Different Product Keys: So I was going to reinstall windows, and decided to get my product key. I got this pc from someone with w10 pro already installed. I go to cmd, and type the text that displays the key, and I get a key. Just to make sure, I do the notepad.vbs script and I get a different key....
  7. different product key

different product key: I can not activate windows 10. 0x8007007B error in my display. please give me different product key. please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/different-product-key/706a4405-de9e-4c92-9312-875c8ed0a859
  8. Different Product Keys

Different Product Keys: I am trying to determine the product key for system incase I need to reinstall windows. I have a windows 10 install along with a product key I used to activate windows. However when I run this command in powershell "wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get...
  9. Product key for Win 10

Product key for Win 10: I converted from Windows 7 to the free version of Windows 10 home. Can I get a product key for Windows 10? Replacing a drive and I need to do a cold start on it. Old drive won't clone to new one....
  10. Different Product Keys?

Different Product Keys?: Would appreciate your help. *Smile Have an Acer with a COA showing the product key for Windows 7. Ran Belarc Advisor, and it shows a different Product key for Windows 7. Any clues as to why he PKs do not match? Also, planning to install Windows 10 Home, and...