Windows 10: Key Windows features and Edge break in new update, older PC.

Discus and support Key Windows features and Edge break in new update, older PC. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I use Windows 10 1909 on a older 2011 Thinkpad X220 laptop with an i5-2540m-HD3000, 7200rpm HDD, 4gb DDR3 RAM. As of the update about a week ago,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RavenpawCraft, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Key Windows features and Edge break in new update, older PC.

Hi, I use Windows 10 1909 on a older 2011 Thinkpad X220 laptop with an i5-2540m-HD3000, 7200rpm HDD, 4gb DDR3 RAM.

As of the update about a week ago, I have been unable to:

-Use the search function in the start center

-Run some applications from the file explorer

-Use any version of Edge I personally use the dev channel, but no version, even the non chromium one, would work

-Properly use the file explorer, works, albeit very slowly and jankily

-Navigate and use settings and control panel

-Use Ctrl+Alt+Del It does nothing

-Quickly change tasks, upon running an application it appears in the task manager, uses a large amount of computational resources, then might appear on screen after some time.

Other problems may exist, but those are what I ran across in daily use before I uninstalled the update.

I hard started the PC and used the recovery options to uninstall the most recent update and my PC works fine again, but this means that I will no longer be able to get security patches and features that I may want. Any help is appreciated, and I hope this helps y'all improve the stability of future patches.

Thanks!

:)

RavenpawCraft, Jun 30, 2020

2. Windows 10 Pro and Ergnomic Break Reminder

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Do you remember installing any break reminder software?

It looks like it is a pop up from a break reminder software.

I suggest you to look for this in Programs in features and uninstall it if do not use it.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run Command

• Type Appwiz.cpl and hit enter

• Search for the programs and un-install it.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Microsoft Edge - Features are missing!

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10 and bringing this to our notice.

We would suggest you to send a feedback by asking the feature you are looking for.

• Open the Edge, then click on more options(...).
    • Click on Send feedback.
    • Follow the on-line instructions.
    Refer to these steps to pin a website to start screen:

• Open the Edge, then click on more options(...).
    • Click on Pin to Start
    Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance.

Ganesh Achar B, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Key Windows features and Edge break in new update, older PC.

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Key Windows features and Edge break in new update, older PC.

1. Key Windows features and Edge break in new update, older PC. - Similar Threads - Key features Edge

2. Latest update Microsoft Edge breaks Microsoft Edge!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest update Microsoft Edge breaks Microsoft Edge!!!!: I just updated Microsoft Edge latest version today and Microsoft Edge breaks Microsoft Edge!!! I'm using Windows 10 22H2 with all latest windows updates installed and all latest drivers installedhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ai8aFaKrl5o...
  3. Windows feature update 2004 or above just breaks my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows feature update 2004 or above just breaks my PC: When I did 20H2 back in november, my pc went into a perpetual state of getting black screen each time i did very basic things like right click etc, it was so much delay that i had to revert back. Now this time, feature update 2004 forced its way on my pc, restarted and same...
  4. Feature Updates Breaking Login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Feature Updates Breaking Login: The last two feature updates (2004 and 20H4) have both rendered my system unable to login. It's a bit hard to describe exactly, but basically it accepts all of my proper passwords or biometrics upon input, starts to login, and then immediately kicks back to the login screen....
  5. Feature Updates Breaking Login

in Windows 10 Support
    Feature Updates Breaking Login: The last two feature updates (2004 and 20H4) have both rendered my system unable to login. It's a bit hard to describe exactly, but basically it accepts all of my proper passwords or biometrics upon input, starts to login, and then immediately kicks back to the login screen....
  6. Sent to a PC feature to use new Edge?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sent to a PC feature to use new Edge?: I love the feature 'Send to a PC' and I use it from my android phone and my iPad but it still uses old Edge. Is there a way to make it use the new Chromium Edge? I'm using Edge Canary and Windows 2004 build. submitted by /u/immigrantsheep [link] [comments]...
  7. Microsoft updates Edge browser for Windows 10 with new feature

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft updates Edge browser for Windows 10 with new feature: Microsoft is rolling out a new update for both Microsoft Edge Dev and Canary versions on Windows 10. The latest update to Microsoft Edge Canary comes with support for Grammar tools which were available in the previous Microsoft Edge browser. The grammar tools can be used in...
  8. Windows 10 1809 update breaks Edge

Windows 10 1809 update breaks Edge: I just updated my corporate Surface Pro to the 1809 update using the Windows 10 Update Assistant, now Edge cannot access internet sites. It does access internal intranet sites. Google Chrome, Firefox and IE still function as expected. Anyone else have similar issue?? I'm...
  9. Windows 10 1809 update breaks Edge

Windows 10 1809 update breaks Edge: I just updated my corporate Surface Pro to the 1809 update using the Windows 10 Update Assistant, now Edge cannot access internet sites. It does access internal intranet sites. Google Chrome, Firefox and IE still function as expected. Anyone else have similar issue?? I'm...
  10. New Edge Feature

in Browsers and Email
    New Edge Feature: Not sure when this was added (might have been the most recent Edge update), but they now have a "Do not allow this site to open more dialogs" checkbox so those input hijacking websites that claim to be a virus, or from Microsoft can no longer be permanently locked out. It...