Windows 10: keyboard acting strange

Discus and support keyboard acting strange in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; when typing cursor jumps when i type letter d and when i type = i get extra characters =; i also get the number lock turn on when i type .... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by callumallen, Feb 12, 2021.

1. keyboard acting strange

when typing cursor jumps when i type letter d and when i type = i get extra characters =;

i also get the number lock turn on when i type .

:)

callumallen, Feb 12, 2021

2. Windows 10 Laptop Keyboard Keys Acting Strange

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the keyboard on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to the laptop to check if that helps.

Further you may also use the onscreen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Feb 12, 2021
  3. Keyboard acting strange since Windows 10 update

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to restart your computer once and check. If the issue still persist, follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Update keyboard drivers.

I suggest you to update the keyboard drivers and check if helps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device manager.
    • Click on Keyboards.
    • Right-click on the Keyboards and click on
      Update driver software.

Method 2: Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

• Press Windows Key + X key, Click on Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound, click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Feb 12, 2021
  4. RonKav Win User

keyboard acting strange

Keyboard Acting Strange: Keys Acting Stuck

Keyboard acting strange since Windows 10 update

Exactly this problem that seems to happen randomly. I've asked this question before and when I got a reply, I tried all the solutions it told me to but when I tried to tell them they didn't work I never got a response again.

Why is it that nobody here knows how to fix this problem? Solutions I have tried are uninstalling my keyboard drivers, upgrading them, downgrading them, disabling sticky keys and making sure the keyboard
    isn't on any power saving plan.

The link above is also not the only time I've seen someone ask it here, so if you see someone ask this, keep in mind none of the above solutions work.

RonKav, Feb 12, 2021
Thema:

keyboard acting strange

1. keyboard acting strange - Similar Threads - keyboard acting strange

2. Laptop keyboard acting strangely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keyboard acting strangely: Approximately once a week I encounter a frustrating issue: the laptop keyboard seems to go into a strange modeEvery application is affected, not just one. Caps is reversed - caps off = QWERTY caps on = qwertyALT+S in Notepad++ resulted in "Save as" vs opening the Search menu...
  3. Laptop keyboard acting strangely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keyboard acting strangely: Approximately once a week I encounter a frustrating issue: the laptop keyboard seems to go into a strange modeEvery application is affected, not just one. Caps is reversed - caps off = QWERTY caps on = qwertyALT+S in Notepad++ resulted in "Save as" vs opening the Search menu...
  4. Keyboard and mouse acting strange?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard and mouse acting strange?: Before the latest update, my keyboard and mouse have both worked just fine. But since this update, my keyboard responds completely differently as far as keystrokes and the mouse pointer although is responsive the clicker does not. I have changed the ports that they are...
  5. Keyboard and mouse acting strange?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse acting strange?: Before the latest update, my keyboard and mouse have both worked just fine. But since this update, my keyboard responds completely differently as far as keystrokes and the mouse pointer although is responsive the clicker does not. I have changed the ports that they are...
  6. Keyboard and mouse acting strange?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Keyboard acting buggy and strange in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard acting buggy and strange in games: I own a Corsair K55 RGB gaming keyboard, I always loved to play games likes ROBLOX and Minecraft with it. Until I plugged in the Corsair Harpoon RGB gaming mouse. The moment I plugged it in I joined a game on ROBLOX because I was so excited to use it, but then out of nowhere...
  8. My keyboard is acting strange

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My keyboard is acting strange: An hour ago at random my keyboard started acting strangely. When I go to type anything by hitting a key random and odd letter paper behind it for example : 7byp 8u[n 9o]m 9o]m 9o]m. And this is done on its own...
  9. Keyboard acting strange

Keyboard acting strange: Recently my keyboard has been acting strange. When I press the W key, both 2 and W type at the same time. Same with the E key, except it types a 3, and so on. Then, when I try to type a number, for example 2, the keyboard types out a 2 and then a W. This is not an issue with...
  10. Mouse and keyboard acting strangely

Mouse and keyboard acting strangely: I installed Windows 10 on my son's computer a week ago, and everything was fine until this morning. I noticed that every link I click on opened up a new Chrome browser instance. The mouse wheel no longer works, but the other buttons work. The caps lock became...