Windows 10: Keyboard acts erratically, MS Account error, problem changing User acc

Discus and support Keyboard acts erratically, MS Account error, problem changing User acc in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am having several problems with my HP Elitebook 8460p notebook running Win 10 Pro 64-bit system. One problem is my keyboard acts erratically;... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KCav45, Jul 17, 2021.

1. KCav45 Win User

Keyboard acts erratically, MS Account error, problem changing User acc

I am having several problems with my HP Elitebook 8460p notebook running Win 10 Pro 64-bit system. One problem is my keyboard acts erratically; sometimes it will stop entering letters that I type and at other times it will enter a different letter The On-Screen Keyboard works fine. There is a problem in my Microsoft Account. Find My Device is Disabled I did not disable it and it will not respond to Enable. Another problem takes place in User Accounts. I am unable to change My account type to Administrator. When I click on Change your account type I am asked to enter the password for fred. fred is the name for a user I created for experimentation and would like to delete. I know the password when I enter it I am told Password is incorrect . I wonder what the cause of all these problems could be? I thought about running Panda Dome antivirus but it wanted me to run fred.

:)

KCav45, Jul 17, 2021
Thema:

Keyboard acts erratically, MS Account error, problem changing User acc

1. Keyboard acts erratically, MS Account error, problem changing User acc - Similar Threads - Keyboard acts erratically

2. Changing user account pic but only applied to microsoft acc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing user account pic but only applied to microsoft acc: i tried to change my user account picture in setttings but it dosen't worki only see my new pic on my micorsoft account appears on the admin acc tooi did copy/paste the picture and did some renamingsand this happened when i tried appying on setttingsi dont know why it...
  3. Changing user account pic but only applied to microsoft acc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing user account pic but only applied to microsoft acc: i tried to change my user account picture in setttings but it dosen't worki only see my new pic on my micorsoft account appears on the admin acc tooi did copy/paste the picture and did some renamingsand this happenedi dont know why it happenedit just show additional problem...
  4. Windows 10 acting erratically

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 acting erratically: My laptop running windows 10 has been acting erratically recently after switching on I tried to refresh by using right click and a black screen with cursor appeared after fixing that i noticed that the disk usage is 100 percent and after trying to fix that nothing changed and...
  5. Solved Wireless Logitech Keyboard & Mouse Acting Erratically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Solved Wireless Logitech Keyboard & Mouse Acting Erratically: I just wanted to share a solution to a problem that I was having with both of my Wireless Logitech Keyboard/Mouse combinations. I would randomly have my wireless Logitech keyboard and mouse become erratic and either not work in the case of my keyboard or erratically in the...
  6. Mouse and Keyboard Freezing Computer and Acting Erratically

Mouse and Keyboard Freezing Computer and Acting Erratically: I have been dealing with this issue for months. At this point, I've had HP re-install Windows 10 and, more recently, run the BIOS updates. I've tried five different mouse and keyboard combinations, both wired and wireless and five different manufacturers, and today I ran the...
  7. Mouse or keyboard acting erratically

Mouse or keyboard acting erratically: I am using the latest version of Windows 10. My computer, keyboard and mouse had been acting fine up until the last few days. Nothing that I know of in my environment has changed. When I go to type anything, specifically while on the internet, the cursor just sits there...
  8. All keyboard input acting erratic

All keyboard input acting erratic: Greetings I am using a win10 home edition laptop with touchscreen (slightly relevant). A couple of days ago, the keyboard input started consisting of symbols, rather than the alphanumeric I would type, in the short intervals that it would type anything. Also, double...
  9. A tip for users changing ms account & ms store.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    A tip for users changing ms account & ms store.: Today I changed my outlook account to my original gmail account. In an earlier post I gave a tip to fix onedrive. This time I found out the the ms store was asking for outlook account password, did not work. Microsoft support could not help either. But refusing to give up I...
  10. Local account changed to MS account, act as separate accounts at login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local account changed to MS account, act as separate accounts at login: So I originally started with a local account but then signed into the store with a MS account. I changed the setting where users are required to enter a password through netplwiz (like this) and making a password not required after waking from sleep. But after doing this and...